|Role||Student (1980s Mode)|
Cooking (12/2/2015 – 8/18/2018)
Sewing (11/15/2015 – 12/1/2015)
Martial Arts (3/15/2015 – 11/1/2015)
Spiteful (3/7/2018 – 8/18/2018)
Evil (2/1/2016 - 2/7/2018)
Loner (2/1/2015 – 1/15/2016)
|Appears||Week 1 (1980s Mode)|
Town street (Current)
Yui Rio, whose real name is Yui Horio, was a student at Akademi High School who graduated in 1990.
Before she was reintroduced in 1980s Mode, she was one of the female students that attended Akademi High School in the present day. She now appears in Buraza Town as a background character, along with other removed students.
Yui wears the default 1980s Mode female school uniform, but she wears red knee-high stockings instead of the traditional white.
Yui has red, shoulder-length hair that's tied into a short side ponytail on her right side. Her bangs are tied back on her right side, but they hang freely on her left, partially covering her left eye. Her eyes are scarlet as well.
Yui wore the default female school uniform unless customized by the player.
As of the March 1st, 2015 Build until the February 8th, 2016 Build, she had scarlet hair worn in a ponytail to her right. Her eyes were scarlet as well. Her bust size is 0.5, the smallest in the game.
As of the February 8th, 2016 Build, Yui had crimson hair kept up in a short ponytail on the right with her bangs swept to her left in mini triangle shapes. Her eyes were scarlet.
In the January 3rd, 2017 Build, she had Ayano Aishi's hairstyle colored dark red. This was fixed as of the January 4th, 2017 Build.
As of the January 16th, 2017 Build, Yui wore a red friendship bracelet on her right wrist.
As of the February 2nd, 2017 Build, Yui wore red stockings and panties.
In other words she was also used as one of the 2016 personalities, known as "Evil girl" if [ back then knows as Yandere-chan] would kill someone, and she was there, she would've loved the murder and would not care, but the next day you cannot interact with her. If you tried to take a snapshot of her she would refuse, unless your part of the photograph club.
Among the personas currently implemented in the game, Yui is a Loner. If she sees a corpse or witnesses a murder, she will run away from the school and call the police. She cannot participate in physical fights against murderers.
Yui had the Spiteful persona. If she saw a corpse or witnessed the murder of a student who was being bullied, or a student who was bullying her, she would wink and smile, complimenting Ayano Aishi on her crime. However, she'd then run off in order to not be considered an accomplice. She would not talk to Ayano the next day after seeing her commit murder, but she wouldn't tell anyone else about what she did. If she witnessed the murder or corpse of any other student, she would leave the school and call the police. If the player had their phone aimed at her, she would become annoyed and cover her face. She couldn't participate in physical fights against murderers.
It is possible that she didn't care for the boundaries of others, as the reference picture of Yui is shown trying to grab Yuna Hina's rear. Druelbozo has explained that Yui is "Gettin' that booty". As well, she was shown stealing Mei Mio's glasses in a second reference image.YandereDev imagines that she didn't often openly express how she felt on the inside. Only a violent, bloody incident like a murder or a corpse caused her true nature to show for a moment. She chose to hang out with the popular crowd and join a club because she sees it as a form of "protection.
"A brutally honest girl with a sharp tongue. A little mischievous, and known to pull pranks. May be hiding a cruel and sadistic side."
Yui's default reputation is +23.
Yui's 1980's Mode routine is unknown at this point in time.
In Buruza Town, Yui walks around, looking at the scenery, and can be seen looking on the edge of the town, towards the ocean.
At 7:05 AM, Yui entered the school grounds with the other female students. She walked to her locker at 7:10 AM and changed from her outdoor shoes to her indoor shoes. At 7:15 AM, she walked into the plaza, to the left side of the fountain, and gossiped with Yuna Hina, Koharu Hinata, Mei Mio, Saki Miyu, and Kokona Haruka. Musume Ronshaku would gossip with them before the bullies were implemented.
Yui walked back to class again at 1:30 PM and participated in cleaning time between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Afterward, she headed to the Cooking Club and stayed there until 5:00 PM. She then headed to her locker and changed from her indoor shoes to her outdoor shoes, then she stayed there until 5:15 PM when she walked home.
- Yui's hairstyle before the February 8th, 2016 Build was changed because YandereDev thought that her previous hairstyle was "low budget" and "amateurish".
- Her name is a reference to the most popular female Japanese names in 2012, the 1st popular name being Yui, 2nd popular being Rio.
- Her name, Yui, has several possible writings, such as "alone" (唯), "reason" (由), "supportive" (維), "think" (惟), "only, clothing" (唯衣), "reason, clothing" (由衣), or "tie, clothing" (結衣).
- Rio, as a first name, has several possible writings, such as "smart, central" (俐央), "smart, cord" (俐緒), "village, central" (里央), "gallant, central" (凜央), or "gallant, cord" (凛緒).
- Her real name is Yui Horio as of the October 10th, 2021 build.
- Her real surname, Horio, means "canal, moat" (hori, 堀) and "tail/slope at the foot of a moutain" (o, 尾)
- In older versions of the game, Yui's name was Yui Hirasa. The placeholder name was inspired by Yui Hirasawa from the anime K-On!.
- Her male counterpart was Haruto Yuto.
- Yui used to be in the Martial Arts Club until November 15th, 2015 Build.
- Before the June 29th, 2016 Build, Yui used to arrive 2nd to school on the right side, at 7:05 AM.
- As of the August 18th, 2018 Build, Yui has been removed from the game, along with her comment on the Akademi High Facebook page. YandereDev said that she (with the other rainbow students) will be put back into the game once the frame rate is stable.
- Yui Rio and the rest of the Rainbow Six girls, excluding Saki, appear in the town as of October 17th, 2019.
|“||I thought I saw her with an older man in Shisuta Town tonight, but I didn't think it was really her...||”|
— Yui Rio on the Internet.