- Reputation added.
- NPC interaction implemented.
- Different Game Over's added.
- Yandere action notifications are added. (e.g. near corpse, visibly bloody, visibly insane.)
- New Easter Eggs added.
- Spreadsheet driven students.
- Passing time added.
- Yandere Vision added.
- Hair physics implemented.
- Inventory setup updated, dynamic lighting implemented.
- New weapons implemented.
- More NPC reactions added.
- Dynamic lighting added.
- If the player presses the Escape key or choose the "Quit" option in the pause menu, the game asks to confirm whether or not the player wishes to quit the game, instead of closing immediately.
- On an Xbox gamepad, click the right stick to re-center the camera (this feature may be removed).
- Improved the "Pass Time" code so that it should no longer undershoot the target time.
- Added a new Easter Egg, activated by pressing one of the letter keys on the keyboard.
- Replaced "Ambient Obscurance" effect with real-time shadows.
- Disabled V-sync
- Pressing the Escape key and then choosing "No" returns the player to gameplay immediately, instead of sending them to the phone menu.
- Shadows change direction as time passes, simulating the effect of the sun moving across the sky over the course of the day.
- The phone menu can now be navigated with the WASD keys in addition to the arrow keys.
- Toast and toaster can now become splattered with blood.
- Support for non-16:9 aspect ratios has been added.
- The incinerator works again.
- Murder reaction and cleaning up.
- Added crouching/crawling and began to implement a camera (these features are currently incomplete).
- Attempted to improve the quality of the "maniacal laughter" animation.
- Removed the ability to play the game at any resolution that does not have a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- It is no longer possible to chat with a student if Yandere-chan is carrying an item (causes too many bugs, doesn’t serve a gameplay purpose yet).
- It is no longer possible to chat with a student if that student just watched Yandere-chan murder somebody.
- It is no longer possible to chat with a student if Yandere-chan is currently standing on top of a corpse.
- The player can now use the B key to lower the music volume and the N key to increase the music volume.
- The "chase" drums now only play if the main character is chasing someone who has seen her committing murder.
- If the player quits the game and loads it up again it returns to the beginning of the week.
- It is no longer possible to knock over a bucket of water by swinging a corpse into it.
- The player can now kill an NPC by tapping the attack button rather than holding it down.
- The "Police Investigation Results" screen now goes by twice as fast.
- Previously, when an NPC died, their breasts would return to the "default" size. Now, an NPC's breasts are the same size in both life and death.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally trigger the incinerator while performing the mopping animation.
- It is no longer possible for blood to spawn outside of the school, where it can't be mopped up.
- Added Punished Mode.
- Photography added.
- Info-chan updated.
- Yandere Vision added.
- Yandere-chan's room had something added.
- Added crouching and crawling.
- Added the Phantom Girl, the new Easter Egg YandereDev mentioned.
- If the player is getting a low frame-rate when aiming Yandere-chan's camera, it is because there are two cameras rendering at the same time. Press the 9 key on the keyboard at any time to disable the second camera.
- If the player gets a Game Over and restart the week, they will no longer carry over any of the photographs, panty shots, or Student Information that they obtained before they reset the week.
- Pausing the game while aiming the camera now causes Yandere-chan to lower her camera.
- If Yandere-chan goes to class while the police are on their way to the school, the game will fast-forward to the moment that the police arrive at school.
- If Yandere-chan has her phone out when the day ends or when the cops arrive, she will automatically put away her phone.
- Attending class will cause the incinerator to finish "cooking" whatever was inside of it before Yandere-chan went to class.
- Pausing the game while talking to an NPC will no longer cause Yandere-chan to freeze and become unresponsive.
- The mouse cursor should now be hidden from the start of the game onwards (until the player Alt+Tab out of the game).
- Yandere-chan can no longer use the "Pass Time" option if there are corpses on school grounds.
- Yandere-chan can no longer laugh while crouching, crawling, or aiming her camera.
- It is no longer possible for time to be sped up inside of Yandere-chan’s bedroom.
- When Yandere-chan exits class, the player character will now see students exiting class with her.
- The player can now zoom in the camera using the mouse scroll wheel.
- It is now possible to run inside of Yandere-chan’s room.
- Improved Info-chan’s panty-shot detection.
- Using the 9 key to improve performance while aiming Yandere-chan’s camera will no longer result in her hands leaving behind after-images.
- Now, when taking out her smartphone camera, Yandere-chan will automatically turn to face the direction that the camera was looking in.
- It is no longer possible to activate Yandere Vision and look through the camera at the same time.
- Zooming in with the smartphone camera no longer zooms in the normal gameplay camera.
- The camera should no longer spin in circles when exiting the Send/Save/Delete screen.
- The "Go Home" portal now appears at the school gate automatically at 3:30 PM.
- Yandere-chan will now unequip weapons when using the Pass Time feature.
- Kidnapping added.
- Added a "Sponsors" screen before the title screen to acknowledge people who are helping fund the game's development.
- Changed the wording at the pink screen that appears before the game loads.
- Added a Muja Kina's model (that the player cannot interact with).
- Modified the appearance of the game’s HUD (artwork not final).
- Added "Ask Favor" menu when interacting with students.
- Gave the player the ability to open and close doors.
- Added the ability to compliment student NPCs.
- Gave NPCs the ability to open and close doors.
- Made reputation persistent across week days.
- Added the nurse's office.
- Added a gymnasium to the school grounds.
- Added one unfurnished classroom interior.
- Added Hateful Mode.
- Added a new title screen.
- If Yandere-chan is talking to an NPC while bloody, she will not receive a reputation penalty while she is conversing with them.
- The "Witness Reaction Camera" at the bottom-left corner of the screen will no longer display other characters who are extremely far away.
- If Yandere-chan accidentally kills a girl inside of the "Kidnapping Room", the game will no longer lock her inside.
- It is no longer possible for the Reputation Marker to leave the boundaries of the Reputation Bar.
- It is no longer possible to make multiple Easter Egg music tracks play simultaneously.
- Added new sponsor to the game’s logo sequence and Sponsor screen.
- Added "Main Menu" to the list of options at the Heartbroken screen.
- Removed the April Fools cut-scene from Yandere-chan's room.
- If an NPC witnesses murder while the gate is open, she will run out of the gate. If an NPC witnesses murder while the gate is closed, she will run out of the emergency exit instead.
- Added up/down and left/right prompts to the School Subjects screen to make it more clear how to use the screen.
- Made a couple of adjustments to Hateful Mode.
- Yandere-chan should now have an easier time picking up objects that she is standing on top of, or opening doors if she is right up against the door.
- Yandere-chan can now walk up the stairs leading to the gym building, instead of needing to run to make it up the stairs.
- Added Cinematic Camera Mode.
- Student NPCs now stare at their phones while walking into school, and can’t react to murder or be murdered until after they have entered the boundaries of the school.
- If Yandere-chan kills a girl, leaves her corpse lying around, and then attends class, her corpse is no longer teleported into class. (In the final version of the game, though, Yandere-chan wouldn’t allow herself to go to class if there was a corpse lying around.)
- Removed button that would transform schoolgirls into nightmare-inducing Lovecraftian eldritch monstrosities.
- Added a smartphone into the hands of schoolgirls who are still walking to school.
- Senpai can notice Yandere-chan.
- Implemented several Senpai-related Game Overs.
- Implemented male students.
- Teachers added
- Classrooms added.
- Added the Teacher's Pet personality type.
- Added several new O key accessories for Yandere-chan to wear.
- Added props, decorations, and furnishings to the classrooms.
- Added a new model for Senpai's Shrine.
- Added a rooftop to the school.
- Added Galo Mode.
- Updated Yandere-chan's "Expelled" animation so that her hand is behind her back, where the teacher is trying to keep it.
- Increased the size of a teacher’s cone of vision so that they can see murder occurring at the back of their classrooms.
- Changed the turning speed of students in an attempt to prevent them from getting stuck on corners when running.
- Increased the maximum running speed of teachers so that it's impossible for the player to outrun them.
- Now, if Yandere-chan is holding a weapon when she is spotted by Senpai, she drops it.
- Disabled the HUD during the "Heartbroken" and "Expelled" sequences.
- Replaced the instrument case’s model with a nicer-looking one.
- Added a new room with some placeholder props as a test.
- No additional content.
- Bug fixing build.
- Fake suicide added.
- Eavesdropping added.
- Added the ability to put notes in lockers.
- Limited the speed of the "Pass Time" feature and the speed-up debug controls so that it’s not possible (or at least not easy) to cause the game to run so fast that an NPC’s pathfinding breaks.
- If an NPC is going to meet up with a friend and the player tries to talk to her, the NPC will politely explain that they are too busy to talk.
- If two NPCs are having a private conversation and the player walks up to them, they will get annoyed with her and the conversation will end.
- Kokona will now stay late at school so that the player can plan meetings past the time when she previously went home.
- The player can no longer speak to NPCs who have just witnessed a murder or a corpse while they are fleeing.
- Yandere-chan no longer walks in place if she was walking while receiving instructions to go to class.
- If the player kills an NPC who is in the middle of a conversation, the conversation ends.
- The player can no longer talk to two NPCs who are having a conversation with each other.
- Disabled pausing and the "Quit game?" window while writing a letter.
- The player can no longer drop a note into a girl's locker while she is standing in front of her locker.
- Disabled the player’s ability to push a girl off the roof while being chased by a teacher.
- Pulling out a weapon while dragging a corpse now drops the corpse automatically.
- Yandere-chan can now transition from crouching to crawling without having to stand up first.
- The player is no longer able to summon the weapon menu while picking up a weapon.
- The player must now de-equip weapons before leaving a note in a girl's locker.
- Deactivated the custom skin textures, so now Yandere-chan's appearance is back to normal.
- Yandere-chan can no longer go to class if there is a corpse lying around on school grounds.
- No additional features, bug fixing build
- Changed the music that plays during the "dark" phase of the title screen.
- Attempted to reduce clipping when using the "Yuno" hair mesh.
- Restored the torn clothing of Punished Yandere-chan.
- Added an Old Plaza. It was Removed in Newer Builds
- If Yandere-chan kills a girl who is playing video games, that girl’s computer will now shut off.
- Prevented the computer room’s gaming music from being heard inside of other rooms.
- Increased teacher run speed so that Yandere-chan can no longer outrun teachers.
- Added a "teacher finds suicide note, but doesn’t find a body" scenario to the End-Of-Day-Results screen.
- Added three new hairstyles to the game.
- Added colliders to the stairs inside of the gym so that players can walk up the stairs.
- Added screen blur to the background when writing a letter.
- Added a new student who follows a different routine than normal students.
- Added new "find note in locker" animation.
- Poisoning and Chemistry Lab added.
- Changed the custom drill hair texture from Grayscale to RGB.
- Improved Punished Mode.
- Moved Kokona's lunch break up to Wednesday so that the player has enough time to invest at least 20 study points into Chemistry.
- New Easter Egg added.
- Added a fountain to the school.
- Added bathrooms to the school.
- Added the ability to drown a girl in a toilet.
- Added the ability to drown a girl in a fountain.
- Added the ability to hide corpses in bathroom stalls.
- Changed the school chime sound effect to be less grating on the ears.
- The school now has swinging doors in addition to sliding doors.
- Added new panty models to the "Change Panties" menu.
- Added a "Challenges" list to the Calendar screen.
- Added a menu for activating Easter Eggs.
- Changed the layout of the school.
- Added a new Easter Egg.
- Lowered volume of title screen music.
- Buckets become bloody.
- Incinerator improved.
- Teacher voice lines improved.
- New accessories added.
- Reverted title screen music.
- Removed the "blast off" feature, because YandereDev never programmed in a method for returning to Earth after leaving the planet.
- Changed Yandere-chan’s pantyhose into stockings.
- Added a Debug Menu accessed by pressing the \ key. (This is the back-slash key, not the forward-slash key. It should be located beneath Backspace and above Enter.)
- Adjusted how much the – and + buttons change the speed of time.
- Added several new accessories for Yandere-chan.
- Added several new sponsors to the game.
- Dumpsters now have a use.
- Bloody buckets implemented.
- Shower Room was implemented.
- Electrocution added.
- Midori Gurin added.
- Cello case implemented but with no use yet.
- Buraza Town implemented.
- Restored the music that was missing from the Hatred Easter Egg.
- "Senpai Customization" screen reimplemented.
- Senpai's character model reflects the appearance that the player gives him in the Senpai Customization screen, from about October 2014 and before.
- Added the beginnings of an "intro cut-scene" – however, there are no visuals yet, only voice.
- Added a short text message conversation between Yandere-chan and Info-chan to establish how they first meet.
- Added a new accessory that has unique functionality.
- Changed the color of Midori's panties to green.
- Added a missing teacher portrait.
- Improved Info-chan's student portraits.
- Hateful mode hairstyle is now an accessible hairstyle.
- Now, when Yandere-chan is bloody, her only option in front of a locker is to take off her bloody clothing and become nude.
- When Yandere-chan removes her bloody clothing, her nude body is still bloody. Yandere-chan must bathe in the shower room in order to clean the blood off of her body.
- After Yandere-chan has cleaned the blood off of her body, she is able to change into another uniform at her locker.
- When Yandere-chan removes a bloody school uniform, gym uniform, or swimsuit, it appears on the ground as a pickup that can be disposed of at the school incinerator.
- If Yandere-chan dumps blood on Kokona, then lets her see Yandere-chan covered in blood while she is also covered in blood, she will presume that Yandere-chan is a victim of the same prank, and will not think less of her or give her a reputation penalty.
- Turned down the volume of the bike music in the town.
- If Kokona sees a corpse while she is wet with blood, she runs to the shower area and cleans the blood off of her body rapidly before fleeing the school.
- If Kokona sees a corpse while she is wet with water, she decides that she doesn’t care about drying off, and just flees the school.
- If Kokona sees a corpse while she is naked, she changes into her gym uniform before she flees the school (unless she is bloody).
- Customizable uniforms implemented.
- School Atmosphere implemented.
- Students can become paranoid.
- If Yandere-chan steps into a puddle of blood while barefoot, she leaves behind a bloody footprint instead of a bloody shoe print.
- Students will now react to Yandere-chan when she is laughing in a sadistic and psychotic way. This will cause reputation loss.
- Added more options to the Debug Menu (accessed by pressing the \ key on the keyboard).
- Added a "stab" sound effect when stabbing students.
- Added a new sponsor to the sponsor screens.
- The outfit that the player has chosen will now be displayed on the title screen.
- Added a button prompt inside of Yandere-chan's room that explains what button is supposed to be pressed in order to access things.
- Added an option in the Easter Egg menu that allows the player to disable copyright music while an Easter Egg is active.
- The player can now use the D-pad to navigate the Challenge screen in addition to the keyboard and thumbsticks.
- Modified "DK Mode" so that all players are affected by it.
- The school uniform the player chooses will now be seen being worn inside of her room.
- Changed the "Horror" music on the title screen.
- Added music to "DK Mode".
- Added a new student.
- Added "Student Info"
- Added orange and brown hair colors for Senpai.
- Modified cloth physics / hair physics code so that physics are not active if that character is far away from the camera. This should improve the framerate.
- Modified the character animation code so that characters are not animating while they are not being rendered. This should improve the framerate.
- Made some corrections/additions to the Student Info pages.
- When Senpai witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder, all students freeze in place and look at Yandere-chan with horror.
- Yandere-chan can now gossip. Notable things include not quite being able to drive students to suicide, writing on desks, ruining her own reputation, and more shown on the Gossip page.
- Yandere-chan's bedroom and basement have been updated. The bedroom now has the Internet, manga, night and day effects, and video games. The person in the basement will now retain their original look, instead of switching to the default one. Manga and video games do nothing. Yandere-chan can gossip on the Internet, but the only thing that won't ruin her reputation and will make her out as a liar is talking about Kokona's compensated dating in Shisuta Town. She can also sleep in her bed.
- Skimpy Sexy Panties now have an effect.
- Yandere-chan can now request a single favor from Info-chan: providing blackmail. It is worth 10 panties in this build.
- A flower on a desk will appear if a student wants someone dead or if a student who has regular reputation is dead. This can currently only happen to Kokona if she has low reputation for the former, or is dead with regular reputation for the latter.
- Yandere-chan have to complete a task for someone in order to become friends with someone. When the main character becomes friends she can ask them favors. Just having a high reputation doesn't matter anymore in terms of student favors. There is also a task list on her phone.
- Yandere-chan can now have Osana's original hairstyle.
- There's a vending machine.
- Ryuto's hair is less distractingly beautiful.
- Teachers have a new unique look.
- Pippi's hair was changed.
- It is now possible to take photographs by aiming the camera and then pressing the Control button instead of the left mouse button. (RB for Xbox controller users.)
- While speaking with an NPC, it is now possible to tap the Confirm button during a conversation to advance the text.
- After the main character kidnaps a girl, the girl who appears in her basement will have the correct hairstyle.
- The cost of a girl's dark secret went from 10 panty shots to 8 panty shots.
- Added "Accept / Refuse" button prompts when the "Will you accept this task?" window appears.
- Replaced the "Quit Game" option on the pause screen with a "Return to Main Menu" option.
- Added a sound effect when the vending machine dispenses a can.
- Added Cirno the Murderous Ice Fairy.
- Kidnapped victims are now tied to a chair instead of a pole.
- Kidnapped victims now look at the main character as she walks around the basement.
- Kidnapped victims now have an attribute called "Sanity".
- Kidnapped victims now speak. Their speech depends on their current level of sanity.
- The player is now able to interact with kidnapped victims.
- The main character can torture a kidnapped victim for 1, 4, 12, or 18 hours.
- The player character can now be "late" for school if she spent an hour torturing a kidnapped victim before school.
- After a kidnapped victim has 0 sanity, the player character can bring them to school.
- If the player hands a kidnapped victim a weapon, they will murder the test rival, (Kokona Haruka).and then commit suicide.
- Changed the "disable copyrighted music" button from C to D.
- Added a new cassette tape (Basement Tape #1) to the game.
- Removed the "Tap the S key to lower prisoner’s sanity" debug command.
- Added new music to Yandere-chan’s room and basement.
- Yandere-chan can now play video games at night in her bedroom. Currently the only available game is "Yanvania: Senpai of the Night".
- Added collectible manga books to the school.
- Added the ability to read manga in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Added a "Seduction" stat for Yandere-chan that can be increased by reading erotic manga at night.
- If the main character is friends with a student who has witnessed her misbehaving, she will receive less reputation loss.
- If the player character's reputation is "Good", she receives more reputation penalty for Yandere Actions.
- If the protagonist's reputation is "Bad", she receives less reputation penalty for Yandere Actions.
- All panty buffs are now functional (except for the "convince two students to fall in love" panties).
- As of now, Yandere-chan can no longer ask multiple students to follow her around at the same time.
- As of now, males can no longer be kidnapped.
- It is now possible to kidnap any girl, not just Saki (Seduction is at Level 5).
- A new, larger school model is now being used.
- Added the "Heroic" personality type. Heroic students will attempt to restrain the player character, like a teacher.
- Added a "Struggle" minigame that takes place when grabbed by a Hero.
- Added a time display to Yandere-chan’s room at home.
- Added a "Headmaster's Office" room to the school.
- Added a plaza to the center of the school.
- Added a running track to the school.
- Added 10 new students to the game.
- Kidnapping now takes place in the school’s northwest storage room on the first floor, instead of in the gym’s storage room.
- The player character can now leave a note in Kokona’s locker telling her to meet the protagonist at the school fountain, where the player can drown her.
- Began implementing a new gym environment (it currently only has an interior, with no exterior).
- Student portraits now have a gradient background instead of a solid color background.
- Expanded the total size of the school campus to over twice its previous size.
- Doors now have signs that describe the room on the other side of the door.
- Changed the locations of some of the collectibles.
- Students now sit down in chairs during class.
- Placed the cherry blossom tree on top of a hill.
- Changed Midori Gurin’s hairstyle.
- Expanded the size of the roof.
- Added Japanese symbols to the bandannas of the Martial Arts club members so that they wouldn’t look like they were wearing Japanese funeral headbands.
- Added cafeteria tables to the cafeteria. (Students don’t sit in them yet.)
- Colored the walls and ceiling in the Martial Arts club.
- The game now tracks whose blood is on a weapon.
- The game now tracks whose fingerprints are on a weapon.
- Added a new scripted event in which the student named "Kokona" will put her hands on a knife.
- Added the ability to wear gloves to prevent fingerprints from touching a weapon (found in the Drama Club room).
- Added the ability to frame Kokona for murder by wearing gloves and committing murder using the knife that Kokona touched.
- Adjusted the "End-Of-Day Sequence" so that police keep track of which weapons were used to kill which students, and whose fingerprints are on which weapons.
- The game no longer cancels the End-Of-Day Sequence if Yandere-chan has kidnapped a girl, poisoned a girl, or staged a suicide.
- Modified the teacher AI so that teachers will now call the police if they find a pool of blood or a bloody weapon anywhere on school grounds.
- To remove a pair of gloves, hold down the 1 key (on keyboard) or hold down on the directional pad (on gamepad).
- Replaced the "Give Study Points" debug command with a "Max Out Seduction" debug command.
- Added a new debug command: Press the \ key while in class to obtain many study points.
- Added an "Arrested" Game Over scenario in addition to "Heartbroken" and "Expelled".
- Added a sound effect when Yandere-chan stabs a Hero during a struggle.
- Replaced Oka Ruto’s previous hair model with a superior hair model.
- Added a voice clip that plays when Yandere-chan loses a struggle.
- Shifted the clubrooms around and replaced "Science" with "Art".
- Added some props to the Cooking Club room. (Still incomplete.)
- Added some props to the Drama Club room. (Still incomplete.)
- Added a guidance counselor (who is not functional yet).
- Added music to the "Police Investigation" sequence.
- Furnished the guidance counselor’s room.
- Changed the "Task Complete" sound effect.
- Added a new cassette tape (Basement Tape #10).
- Added a "victim's fingerprints are on the murder weapon that killed her" circumstance to the Police Investigation sequence.
- Updated some inaccurate / out-of-date text that would display after leveling up the Biology skill.
- Began to implement an "ambient music in clubs" feature, and started by putting some creepy ambiance in the Occult Club.
- Added 6 new hairstyles and 3 new accessories for Yandere-chan, and also two new hairstyles for Senpai-kun. These hairstyles and accessories were commissioned by fans of the game, and modeled by Druelbozo!
- Added a special sequence somewhere inside of the school building.
- Added a tool shed with a new weapon inside of it.
- Added a hedge maze to the school grounds.
- Added more props to the Occult Club room.
- Added props in the Student Council room.
- Added a garden for the Gardening Club.
- Added 10 new collectible manga books.
- Added two new Easter Egg modes.
- Added props to the Art Room.
- Added 5 new students.
- A student who witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder will now refuse to speak to Yandere-chan in the future, and will damage Yandere-chan’s reputation on all subsequent days until they die.
- Replaced the copyrighted song that played during the "Sukeban" Easter Egg with original music.
- Replaced the old small town test environment with a new small town test environment.
- Examining the cheese now causes the skull in the Occult Club room to have a glowing blue eye..
- Changed the year that the game takes place in.
- Club Leaders now wear a "Red Armband of Leadership" on their left arms.
- Some club members will now enter a changing booth and change their clothing before engaging in a club activity. This was only possible because of help from Saracen!
- If the player speaks to a Club Leader who is in their clubroom, club-specific dialogue options will appear.
- The player can ask a Club Leader for information about their club, ask to join the club, ask to quit the club, or ask to participate in club activities.
- If the player asks to participate in club activities between 5:00 and 5:30, they will be shown a scene that features Yandere-chan participating in the club’s activity, and the day will end.
- If the player reduces the number of students in a club to less than 5, that club will disband. The club members' daily schedules will change, their appearances may change, and the doors to the clubroom will be locked.
- If a club member witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder, but Yandere-chan is not arrested for murder, that student will warn the club's leader about Yandere-chan, and Yandere-chan will be kicked out of that club, or disallowed from joining that job in the future.
- If the player murders the leader of a club, that club will disband.
- If the player quits a club, they won’t be allowed to re-join.
- If the player takes an action that would result in a club disbanding (such as reducing the number of students to less than 5, getting kicked out of the club when the club only had 4 other members besides the player, or murdering the club leader) then the player will be shown a message at the end of the day in which Yandere-chan is informed that she has been kicked out of the club.
- Instead of having Yandere-chan drop her weapon when the day ended, Yandere-chan will bring her weapon home with her which will count as disposing the weapon.
- Removed circular saws. Players weren't supposed to be able to pick them up yet. They will be re-implemented once they have functionality, and/or proper animations.
- Removed images of unfinished future content that people weren’t supposed to find out about yet.
- Did a better job of hiding the Student Council President.
- It is no longer possible to put on new clothing in the locker room if Yandere-chan is wearing a club uniform. (It may be possible in the final game, but not for now.)
- If the protagonist becomes bloody while wearing a club uniform, she is allowed to take off the bloody clothing in the locker room. The bloody club uniform will appear on the ground as a pickup. It will not be possible to change back into the main character's club's uniform for the rest of the day.
- The player can no longer equip gloves while wearing a club uniform. (It may be possible in the final game, but not for now.)
- The player can no longer change into a club uniform while they're covered in blood.
- Adjusted the text that appears if a teacher discovers the corpse of a girl who seems to have committed suicide (but was actually pushed off the roof by Yandere-chan) so that the text is accurate no matter what time of day it appears.
- There are now 7 Personality types, or “Personas” in total.
- The 3 new ones are Coward, Evil, and Social Butterfly.
- (Female) Students will now react when the player aims a camera at them. Their reaction depends on their personality.
- For now, all male students will have the Loner personality or Teacher’s Pet personality, and will not react to the camera. I can’t give them other personalities or reactions because, at this point in time, I don’t have an animation rig for male characters, and I can’t transfer female animations to male skeletons.
- If the player joins the Photography Club, students will not react to the camera, and will allow the player to Photograph them without any problems.
- Added a humorous “WARNING” message to the beginning of the game. I might remove it, if people complain that it gives the game the wrong vibe.
- Added a bunch of “Fake” students who exist so that the player can join clubs that don’t have official club leaders yet.
- An accessory will now appear on Yandere-chan’s body when she joins certain clubs (Cooking, Occult, Martial Arts, Photography).
- Attempted to improve the framerate of the game by making optimizations to certain scripts.
- Added hair physics to some long hairstyles that were lacking physics.
- Gave each teacher in the game a unique appearance.
- Added a greenhouse to the gardening club zone.
- Added 6 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new hairstyle for Senpai-kun.
- Ever since the first week of the game’s development, Yandere-chan’s eyes would shrink when she lost her sanity. Previously, her eyes would shrink into very small dots. This reflects an “angry” character, not a “hollow” character, so I have changed the minimum size of her eyes. Her eyes can still shrink, but not as much as before. Her eyes are meant to say “I am empty and dead inside”, and not “I am violent and crazy.”
- Previously, Yandere-chan’s eyes would become blank and lifeless when “Yandere Vision” was activated. Now, they become blank when she loses sanity.
- Now, when Yandere Vision is activated, Yandere-chan’s eyes become red.
- A shadow now gradually falls over Yandere-chan’s face as she loses sanity.
- It is no longer possible to tell a student to "Go Away" if they are currently walking from one place to another. It is now only possible to tell a student to "Go Away" if they have actually reached some destination that they intend to occupy for some time.
- Previously, telling multiple students to "Go Away" would cause them to all travel to the exact same spot and attempt to occupy one position in space. Now, telling multiple students to "Go Away" causes them all to go to different spots.
- Telling a student to "Go Away" will no longer make them spend hours standing alone somewhere. They will now only “Go Away” for a maximum of 60 seconds.
- Students are no longer willing to perform favors for Yandere-chan if their next class begins in less than 30 minutes.
- Gave original hair models to the first 6 female characters so that they don’t have to walk around wearing modified versions of Yandere-chan's hair.
- Added the "moon choker" accessory to students in the Occult Club.
- Enabled more hairstyles for Senpai during Senpai customization.
- Implemented a new hairstyle for Midori.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added Fun Girl to the game.
- Re-implemented the circular saw to the game.
- It is now possible to dismember a student using a circular saw.
- All body parts (head, torso, arms, legs) can be picked up, carried, dropped, and incinerated.
- NPCs and police do not react to body parts yet.
- As of now, dismemberment only works on females.
- As of now, the body parts that appear after dismembering an NPC will always be clad in the default uniform.
- It is now impossible to struggle against an NPC if the protagonist is holding a weapon that is too large to conceal, such as the katana or the circular saw. If a weapon is too large to conceal, then it's too unwieldy to use in close quarters and would only make Yandere-chan more vulnerable during a struggle.
- At the request of an important person, all Undertale audio assets are now removed from the game, and the appearance of the "Gaster Blasters" has now been altered so that they are completely unique.
- It is now possible to pick up a corpse and carry it while walking or running, if the player has leveled up their Physical Education stat at least one time.
- Implemented a real "dump corpse into incinerator" animation, rather than re-purposing a "throw" animation in order to place a corpse into the incinerator.
- Added "APPREHENDED" text instead of "HEARTBROKEN" text when Yandere-chan is apprehended by a teacher or a Heroic student.
- It is now possible to dump corpses off the rooftop at locations where the railing is low enough.
- Run speed now becomes faster each time the player levels up their Physical Education stat.
- Provided new hairstyles to most members of the Martial Arts Club.
- Added a work-in-progress exterior to the school gymnasium.
- Renamed Shi Ta to Shima Shita.
- Added two new hairstyles for Senpai.
- Mai Waifu now has rainbow-colored eyes. In other words, her eyes now gradually change their color, cycling through every color of the rainbow, every moment of the day.
- Students now have a spoken reaction to witnessing the player carrying around a circular saw.
- Attempted to implement support for all aspect ratios, not just the 16:9 aspect ratio that I've been using up until now. Warning: Any aspect ratio other than 16:9 will be buggy during Yandere Vision.
- Yandere-chan now wears thigh-high stockings instead of leggings in all of her outfits.
- Gave the titans in Titan Mode a new texture.
- Removed several copyrighted tracks and replaced them with original tracks.
- It is now possible to dismember male corpses.
- Added the Ritual Knife and the Demonic Ritual.
- Stabbing someone with the ritual knife brings Yandere-chan into a void with the Pain Demon, the Flame Demon, and the Lust Demon.
- Pressing D twice will summon white hands to circle around Yandere-chan.
- Removed the D debug command.
- Replaced the sound effect when the player travels to the void.
- Added new voiced lines for Flame Demon.
- Added a new debug command to the debug menu; pressing the T key will cause the camera to switch to an "over-the-shoulder" viewpoint when fully zoomed in. Players who play with the camera zoomed in will actually be able to see what's around them.
- Added a new background track to the game (that means adding 9 versions, one for each combination of atmosphere and sanity). When the school day begins, the player has a random chance of hearing the old track or the new track.
- Added voiced lines for the Pain Demon.
- Moved the incinerator to a new location.
- Placed delinquents outside of the garbage disposal zone.
- Replaced the guitar case with the cello case.
- It is possible to wear the cello case on your back.
- It is possible to open and close the cello case.
- When the cello case is open, it is possible to place body parts or large weapons inside of it.
- Added carry-able trash cans to the game.
- It is possible to place body parts inside of trash cans in order to carry the body parts discreetly and sneak them past delinquents.
- Most club benefits were added and became functional.
- Club accessories were added.
- Replaced two copyrighted tracks with music from The Kira Justice.
- Modified appearance of the female delinquents.
- Changed the color of the shadow that falls over Yandere-chan’s face as she loses sanity.
- Seven new hairstyles for Yandere-chan were implemented.
- Changed the hair color of the corpses at the title screen.
- Added fire extinguishers to the school.
- Removed the "Warning" scene.
- As of now, when multiple button prompts are visible onscreen, the game will highlight the one that is closest to the center of the screen, rather than the one that Yandere-chan is standing closest to. (This fixes the “Can’t pick up objects dropped near incinerator” bug.)
- From now on, if a student witnesses a corpse while they are running to the locker room to change their clothing, they will switch their personality to “Loner” and run out of the school, instead of following their normal corpse-reaction routine.
- Previously, when a student was following you, they would run when they were more than 5 meters away from you, and walk if they were less than 5 meters away from you. Now, students will run until they are 2 meters away from you.
- Nearby pickups now have a little icon floating above them, instead of having a button prompt and name above them. The button prompt and the name of the object won’t actually appear until the player gets close enough.
- Added textures to the castle area in Yanvania. Yes, that’s right, textures! Previously, the whole thing had no textures whatsoever! Everything was using solid colors until today! Check out Yanvania again!
- When the player looks up a character’s information in the Student Info menu, “Club” will now change to “Occupation” when displaying the information of an adult.
- Now, if the player kidnaps the week’s current rival, reduces her sanity to 0%, brings her to school, and hands her a weapon, she will commit suicide.
- Updated Yandere-chan’s character model to use her trademark black stockings at the character customization screen.
- Removed the ability to enter a changing booth while naked (it was causing bugs).
- Senpai’s reaction to witnessing Yandere-chan taking panty shots is now voiced.
- Added a new character, a PE teacher who hangs out near the school entrance.
- Added a hiding spot on the third floor outside of the computer room.
- Edited the text that appears when the player levels up in Biology.
- Added some decorations near the locker room area.
- Added a new school uniform and hairstyle for Yandere-chan; the uniform and hair were designed almost 24 months ago.
- Began to implement “Schemes” – this will be explained in a future video.
- If Yandere-chan giggles, and an NPC hears the giggle, but can’t see Yandere-chan, the NPC will become curious and will walk over to investigate the source of the mysterious giggle.
- It is now possible to join the Gaming Club and activate their Club Benefit.
- It is no longer possible to kill Senpai with a Falcon Punch.
- Added a “Stats” screen to Yandere-chan’s phone.
- Teachers no longer react to Yandere-chan’s misbehavior when an easter egg is active.
- Kokona’s bathroom event now occurs on Wednesday instead of Thursday.
- Added water sound effects to the fountain at the center of school.
- Replaced the music that plays during the Cirno-themed easter egg.
- Added a new menu to Info-chan’s “Favors” menu: the “Drops” menu.
- Touched up the UI of the Schemes menu.
- Updated the UI of the Services menu.
- Characters who are chasing Yandere-chan will now slowly run faster the longer they are chasing her, so that it will become impossible to outrun teachers or delinquents forever.
- Added a piano to the Light Music Clubroom.
- Added three new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new hairstyle for Senpai.
- Updated Mei Mio's hairstyle.
- If the player puts Sakyu’s ring inside of Kokona’s book bag but does not report Kokona for theft, then Kokona will simply find Sakyu’s ring inside of her book bag and then return it to her after school, making it impossible to frame her for theft in the future.
- Replaced the copyrighted music from the Cyborg Ninja easter egg with an original track by Damprog Music.
- It is now possible to customize Senpai with facial hair.
- Changed “Report Panties” to “Report Panty Shots”.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Changed a line of dialogue to reference the fact that the player must hide cigarettes in Kokona’s bookbag, not in her desk.
- Corrected errors in the guidance counselor’s subtitles.
- Yandere-chan will now drop anything she is holding in her hands when the player chooses to prepare food, bathe, or change clothes.
- Students will now react to the sight of the player carrying a corpse.
- Added Ebola Mode easter egg.
- Club accessories will no longer appear on Yandere-chan’s body when she is naked.
- Re-textured the Light Music clubroom and filled it with music-related props.
- Added “nature sounds” ambience to the Gardening Club area.
- Added a voice clip for Sakyu Basu’s “Where’s my ring?” line.
- It is now possible to become Kokona’s friend by performing a task for her.
- If the player listens to Kokona’s conversation with Saki on the rooftop at lunchtime on Monday, befriends Kokona, and then leaves a note in her locker asking to meet her on the school rooftop, the player will have the option of speaking to Kokona about her personal problems on the rooftop.
- A new student has been added to the game.
- It is possible to become friends with the new student by performing a task for her.
- If the player kidnaps the new student after discussing Kokona’s personal problems, new options will become available in Yandere-chan’s basement at night.
- Added two new text message conversations.
- Added a cut-scene with a degree of interactivity.
- The player is only allowed to report a student to the guidance counselor once per day, but there was no way for the player to know this. The counselor will now speak a voiced line when the player is not allowed to speak to her.
- Added an easter egg.
- The guidance counselor now has a more lively idle animation, and occasionally performs a different animation to make her feel more alive.
- If the police discover a student who died from falling off of the school roof, the school will now erect a fence around the roof.
- Added the ability to remove the Cyborg Ninja’s helmet by pressing the “P” key while the Cyborg Ninja easter egg is active.
- Added a voice clip that will play when the player tries to buy something from Info-chan when it is unavailable.
- Restored Oka’s shy/nervous animation.
- Added the Cyborg Ninja’s hair as a hairstyle that can be worn by pressing the “H” key enough times.
- Added a wood-chipper to the gardening club that allows the player to dispose of corpses.
- In the Student Info screen, changed “Strength” to “Self Defense”.
- Added stockings and arm-warmers to Oka Ruto.
- Touched up the Student Info screen.
- Added a new easter egg costume.
- Adjusted the schedules of the female social butterflies / “Rainbow Six” girls so that they don’t spend so much time in the cooking club, allowing Kokona more time to check her locker for notes towards the end of the day.
- If the player orders multiple items from Info-chan, Info-chan will now drop every item in the order they were bought, instead of only dropping the last item that was purchased.
- A “Checklist” will now appear onscreen when the player is attempting to kidnap people in the “Kidnapping Room” of the school.
- Added Kokona’s task to the Task menu.
- Removed debug command that would trigger Kokona’s expulsion cut-scene, because way too many people were pressing it by accident and then reporting it as a bug.
- It is now possible to have the “Offer Help” conversation with Kokona behind the school and in the storage room, in addition to the rooftop.
- The player is no longer able to peek into Info-chan’s room when Info-chan is dropping an object out of her window.
- Replaced Sakyu Basu’s poor-quality ring removal animation with a higher quality animation.
- Added a texture for Kokona’s phone so that it’s not just a purple rectangle.
- Replaced the texture of Yandere-chan’s phone with a higher-quality one.
- If the player presses the Yandere button (“Ctrl” on keyboard, “RB” on controller) while walking or running while carrying a bucket, Yandere-chan will trip and fall down, sending the bucket flying forward without drawing any suspicion to herself.
- If the player mashes the Confirm button (“E” on keyboard, “A” on controller) after Yandere-chan trips, the “stand up” animation will speed up.
- At this point in time, Kokona is the only character who will react to being splashed with liquid from a bucket.
- After being splashed with liquid, Kokona will now be immobile for 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
- Added a new pickup to the game – a “jerry can” full of gasoline.
- It is possible to empty a jerry can into an empty bucket.
- If you spill gasoline onto an NPC, they will become doused in gasoline and react to it.
- Added a new drop for Info-chan – a box of matches.
- When holding a box of matches, it is possible to light a match and flick it into the air in front of you.
- If a lit match strikes an NPC who is wet with gasoline, they will burst into flames.
- Added a new weapon to the game – dumbbells.
- Dumbbells are located where the Sports Club gathers.
- If you are not a member of the Sports Club, carrying a dumbbell will be considered suspicious.
- It is possible to load up to 5 dumbbells into a bucket.
- You cannot pick up a bucket that contains a dumbbell unless you have increased your Physical stat at least once (or joined a club that grants you a bonus to your Physical stat).
- It is now possible to eliminate your rival by filling a bucket with 5 dumbbells and dropping it onto your rival’s head from the school rooftop.
- Removed the ability to trip at any point in time by pressing the “Tab” key (this was a test command that was not meant to be included in the debug build).
- It is now possible to trip and fall while holding a bucket of blood.
- It is no longer possible to dip a mop into a bucket of gasoline.
- Optimized some code on Yandere-chan and female students in an attempt to improve the framerate a little.
- Reduced the game’s file size by about 60 megabytes by compressing certain needlessly-large files.
- Added a placeholder sound effect for the katana.
- Added three new accessories for Yandere-chan.
- Added three new hairstyles for Senpai-kun.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new weapon to the game – an axe.
- Implemented better “staring at cell phone” animation so that students don’t look like they are wobbling left and right while walking with a cell phone.
- Students now enter the school as a crowd instead of entering the school in two perfectly straight lines
- Students now enter the school wearing “outdoor shoes” and switch to “indoor shoes” at their lockers, just like real Japanese high school students.
- Students now switch from “indoor shoes” to “outdoor shoes” before leaving school.
- Yandere-chan can now switch between outdoor shoes and indoor shoes (there are currently no penalties for wearing one type of shoe or another).
- It is now possible to use a radio to distract NPCs, who will walk over to the radio to turn it off.
- Replaced several of Kokona’s old voice-acted lines with new lines, voiced by Mom0ki.
- Gave teachers an official uniform.
- Gave teachers a daily routine.
- Gave the gym teacher a routine that gives her the role of “school gate sentry” at the beginning and end of the school day, and “faculty room sentry” throughout the rest of the day.
- Decorated the faculty room with more props.
- The answer sheet in the faculty room is now much more difficult to steal because teachers will react if they see Yandere-chan stealing the answer sheet, and the faculty room will always have at least one teacher inside of it.
- Stealing the answer sheet from the faculty room now requires a 10-second “rummage through papers” sequence that creates noise and causes nearby NPCs to investigate.
- Added a new animation for Kokona when she is answering her Monday morning phone call.
- Replaced the “stretching exercises” animation with a much smoother version of the animation.
- Replaced the distracting radio music with a new, original track.
- Replaced the “Bad Time Mode” music track again.
- Added new props to the Photography Room.
- Replaced the signs outside of classroom doors with new signs that won’t affect the game’s framerate as much as the previous signs did.
- Placed a lot of new signs around the school (bathroom signs, exit signs, fire extinguisher signs, etc).
- Attempted to implement a better “preparing food” animation for Kokona’s Cooking Club event.
- Improved the Kokona Monday phone call animation a bit further.
- Replaced Ronshaku’s old voiced lines with new voiced lines.
- Added 4 new accessories for Yandere-chan. One of them has functionality…can you figure out how to activate it?
- Added a new weapon to the game. It’s a joke weapon/gag weapon.
- Added 5 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- If you kill one Basu sister but let the other live, the surviving sister will perform a mourning animation on the school rooftop instead of performing the normal “social butterfly” animation set.
- If two NPCs have a special relationship (lovers, family members) and you kill one of those NPCs in front of the other, the surviving NPC will attack you like a Heroic student would.
- Mind-broken slaves will now spawn to the right of the school gate, behind some bushes, to provide an explanation as to why the gym teacher and other students don’t notice them.
- Optimized numerous scripts in an attempt to improve the framerate. (Does anyone feel like doing a comparison with the last build?)
- Now, whenever the player walks by a room, the name of the room will display in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Students now have lockers at different heights, instead of all having their lockers at the exact same height.
- Gave the player the ability to use a shovel to dig a hole in any of the 9 plots in the Gardening Club.
- Oka Ruto will no longer go to the rooftop to spy on the Basu sisters if the Basu sisters are dead.
- Replaced the old Senpai Shrine model with a new one, and added more items to the Senpai Shrine.
- Gave the player the ability to fill up a hole that has been dug in the Gardening Club.
- Replaced the voiced lines in Saki and Kokona’s Monday rooftop conversation.
- Implemented a much better “peek around corner” animation for Oka Ruto.
- Gave the player the ability to bury a corpse in the Gardening Club.
- Implemented a better walk animation for mind-broken slaves.
- Added 1 new accessory and 1 new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Implemented 9 garden plots inside of the Gardening Club.
- Implemented a new murder-suicide animation.
- Updated the nurse’s character model.
- Improved Ebola-chan’s face texture.
- Now, if you turn Kokona into a mind-broken slave, she will commit suicide if she is given a knife.
- Now, a mind-broken slave will commit suicide if their target dies before they reach their target.
- A student who is following Yandere-chan will no longer react to Yandere-chan’s giggles.
- Modified some of the Senpai Shrine text.
- The player can now leave a note in Kokona’s locker even if they have not eavesdropped on her Monday conversation.
- A character who has changed out of her school uniform will now no longer try to change shoes at their locker.
- Implemented better “check locker for note” animations.
- Improved the mind-broken slave’s suicide animation.
- The idea with Social Butterflies is that they would run and hide in heavily-populated areas. However, if a murder occurs IN a heavily-populated area, then Social Butterflies “hide” right where they are standing. To combat this problem, Social Butterflies now run to a collective hiding spot and huddle together, rather than “hide” in plain view of the killer.
- Researched and successfully implemented a method for modifying textures while the game is running. (You can currently only see one example of this in the game right now: Midori’s stockings and panties are now green.) This opens up tons of customization potential in the future!
- Students who have witnessed Yandere-chan commit murder will now always perform a face-hiding animation if she aims her camera at them.
- Replaced Yandere-chan’s old placeholder home environment with a new one (trigger the “Befriending Kokona” cutscene to see it).
- Smoothed camera movement after losing a struggle.
- Added a new hairstyle to the game.
- Added the ability to pray to a turtle.
- Added new killing animations that play depending on the protagonist’s current level of sanity. You must speak to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom to activate these animations.
- Added stealth attacks that only play if the protagonist attacks someone from behind. You must speak to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom to activate these animations.
- If your Physical stat is above 0, it is now possible to have a struggle against a teacher, and kill that teacher.
- Now, when a teacher is killed, they will be replaced the next day by a randomly-generated teacher.
- Added new struggle animations (for students and teachers).
- Added new sound effects to the murder-suicide animation.
- If you open the debug menu and press the “Q” key, a shadow will appear over Yandere-chan’s panties.
- Added a new graphics quality level (“Yandere” with shadows disabled) for people who want to play with the best possible graphics, but desire a higher framerate.
- Added an easter egg connected to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom.
- Added a kitten. (No functionality yet. Appearance not yet final.)
- Began to implement a “Topic” system, which allows Yandere-chan to acquire new conversational topics to speak about with other students. (Not every Topic is currently unlockable, and it is not possible to converse with students about specific topics yet.)
- The “Press Q to censor panties” debug command now affects all of Yandere-chan’s school uniforms, and all female students.
- Added a static effect to the screen when the player attempts to run out of the school grounds.
- Added a corridor of cherry trees outside of the school.
- Added Tasks for Pippi, Ryuto, and Kokona’s suitor.
- Gave the nurse a more gentle face.
- Gave Oka Ruto a new choker.
- Improved the model for the hill that the mythical tree stands on top of, and moved the hill.
- Improved the sound of the piano in the Light Music Club.
- Made it possible to learn 5 of Kokona’s likes and 5 of Kokona’s dislikes.
- Selected a “suitor” for Kokona (he can be seen gazing longingly at Kokona).
- Added a “Love” option to the dialogue wheel. This option only appears if Yandere-chan has befriended the character she is speaking to. This option currently only works for Kokona and her suitor.
- If the player uses the “Love” option to correctly identify a character’s crush, then the Love option can be used to open a menu of three other Love-related options.
- The player can use the Love menu to make a suitor change his appearance.
- The player can use the Love menu to give a suitor a gift to give to the girl he has a crush on.
- The player can use the Follow Me command to lead the suitor to the library so raise his Intelligence stat.
- The player can now purchase a wireless headset and a wireless earpiece from Info-chan.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct the current rival to go somewhere to meet someone special.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct a suitor to go talk to the current rival.
- Once the rival and the suitor are alone together, the player can use the wireless headset to give instructions to the suitor as he speaks to the rival. This opens up a dating minigame.
- If the player is able to raise the rival’s Affection Meter to 100% before 5:00 PM on Friday, the rival will put a love letter into her suitor’s locker that will cause them to go to the cherry tree outside of school.
- If the player approaches the rival and the suitor while they are under the mythical cherry tree, the player will see a cutscene where the two students confess their love for one another.
- After the suitor and the rival have entered a relationship, the player can see them walk into school while holding hands and also see them cuddling at lunchtime.
- Updated one of Ryuto’s lines so that it matches his written dialogue.
- Changed the appearance of the Phantom Girl.
- A student who is in the middle of their love confession protocol (leaving a love letter, finding a love letter, waiting under the cherry tree) can no longer be distracted by a giggle from Yandere-chan.
- Made the Pink Panties buff functional (it applies a boost when Matchmaking).
- Yandere-chan’s “Seduction” skill now adds a bonus to her Affection Multiplier during the dating minigame.
- Brightened up the texture of the white paths around the school.
- Updated the Student Council President’s appearance.
- Added 13 new commands to the debug menu.
- Improved the “Turn off radio” animation.
- Added a Settings Menu to the game that allows the player to adjust the game’s graphics in the following ways:
- Change amount of particles spawned/disable particles
- Disable outlines around characters
- Lower or disable anti-aliasing
- Disable post-aliasing
- Disable bloom
- Enable low-detail students
- Change camera draw distance
- Enable fog
- Disable shadows
- Added something called “Pose Mode”, which allows the player to do the following:
- Move, rotate, or resize any bone in a student’s body
- Teleport a student to Yandere-chan’s position
- Customize a student’s appearance (to a certain degree)
- Make a student perform any animation.
- Updated the texture that appears on a student’s face when they are blushing.
- Replaced the copyrighted bike ride music with original music.
- Added a new option to the Settings menu – the ability to prevent students from animating when distant from Yandere-chan.
- Made many adjustments and optimizations (both inside the code and outside of the code) in an attempt to improve the game’s framerate.
- The weapons that were previously placed in front of the school have been relocated to more logical locations.
- Made numerous changes to the game’s code in order to improve the framerate.
- Darkened the shadow that appears over Yandere-chan’s face when she loses sanity.
- Added debug command for increasing the school’s population to 100.
- Added new architecture to the locker area of the school.
- Added an arch above the entrance of the school.
- Added debug command for killing all students.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added Mission Mode.
- It’s possible to change the background music in Mission Mode by pressing the Confirm button over the music icon in the pause screen.
- Expanded the amount of ground that students can walk on so that Students can now enter the Gardening Club or the Hedge Maze.
- Removed the red outline around stationary NPCs.
- The player now begins Mission Mode with “1” in all stats.
- Adjusted Mission Mode so that the black-and-red school uniform is the default uniform for that mode.
- Gave a new appearance to the Mission Accomplished and Mission Failed screens.
- You can now press the “z” key to censor panties during Mission Mode.
- Put the katana into a locked display case instead of letting it sit out in the open. The player must locate a key in order to unlock the display case.
- Modified the texture of the katana case and its key.
- Changed the appearance of the game’s HUD during Mission Mode.
- Added bushes in the tree corridor outside of the school.
- Footsteps can now be heard when Yandere-chan is running.
- Changed “REPUTATION” to “AWARENESS”. Bad behavior raises AWARENESS. 100 AWARENESS results in a mission failure.
- Changed the appearance of the HUD in Mission Mode.
- Changed the layout of the Random Mission screen.
- Added Nemesis, and three options to control how challenging she is.
- Added “Can’t let any students witness bad behavior” condition.
- Added “Unable to speak with students” condition.
- Added “Find key and steal from safe” condition.
- Added “Avoid security cameras” condition.
- Added “Avoid metal detectors” condition.
- Added the ability to create your own custom mission.
- During Mission Mode, the player is no longer able to aim a camera at a student’s face to make them stand in one spot forever, because the Awareness meter will now quickly rise for every second that the player spends aiming their camera at a student.
- Removed one of Nemesis’ spawn points, since it was too easy to figure out who she was if she was coming from that direction.
- Changed the color of the caution symbol, subtitle label, and top-of-screen notifications in Mission Mode.
- Added new voiced lines for Info-chan in the Mission Mode menu screen.
- It is now possible to use a screwdriver to disable metal detectors, allowing the player to pass through a metal detector while carrying a weapon.
- Changed “Cannot speak with students” to “Cannot speak with any students except for club leaders”.
- Metal detectors will no longer detect non-metal weapons.
- There are now “fake Gardening Club members” walking around in the Gardening Club. They don’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pick-pocketing.
- The Gardening Club shed is now locked, unless the player pickpockets the Gardening Club Leader or joins the Gardening Club.
- It is possible to pickpocket the leader of the Gardening Club to get a key that unlocks the shed.
- The textures/objects in the Gardening Club have been changed slightly.
- There is now rat poison in the Gardening Club’s shed.
- The nurse now walks around the infirmary, but doesn’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pickpocketing.
- There is now a bottle of emetic medicine in a locked cabinet in the infirmary.
- It is possible to pickpocket the nurse to get a key that unlocks the cabinet.
- Added a control panel to the metal detectors so that it’s easier for the player to tell where to use the screwdriver.
- Added the ability to censor panties in Mission Mode by tapping the key that normally summons the Debug Menu.
- Added some polish to the Mission Mode game over screen (new sounds, more legible text, fixed typos, etc).
- Added sound effects for the security cameras and for shutting down the metal detectors in Mission Mode.
- Replaced the grass texture.
- Changed the appearance of the visual effects for all fountains in the school.
- The player can now order “Lethal Poison” or “Emetic Poison” from Info-chan.
- Moved Inkyu and Sakyu to a new location during lunchtime.
- Added a sound effect for the security camera.
- Added a sound effect for the metal detector.
- Changed the dates in the Calendar screen.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- You can now navigate the list of hairs and list of accessories much more quickly by holding down the Shift key while pressing “H” to change hairstyles or “O” to change accessories.
- Moved Kokona’s monday phone call conversation 15 minutes later, to avoid scheduling conflicts with another event that will be implemented in the future.
- Re-wrote code that was causing an unnecessary amount of memory allocation, which was causing the game to “stutter” for a few frames at irregular intervals.
- Added 1 new accessory and over 20 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 3 new hairstyles for Senpai and 1 new facial hair option for Senpai. (These are also available for randomly-generated students.)
- The “React to Senpai” distance has been changed from 2 meters to 1 meter so that Senpai is less of an obstacle/annoyance.
- Yandere-chan will now be apprehended by students if she commits murder with at least 4 witnesses present.
- Senpai now has animations and lip movement when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s behavior.
- Darkened the color of the grass, and lightened the color of the walkways and rooftops.
- Replaced Nemesis’ old hairstyle with the new hairstyle that the fans voted for.
- Gave hair physics to a character who previously had no hair physics.
- Improved the level of quality in Koharu Hinata’s hair model.
- Added friendship bracelets to the “Rainbow Six” girls.
- Added red stripes to Nemesis’ black socks.
- Strengthened certain countermeasures.
- Students will now pause for a moment before performing a group-takedown, instead of instantly launching into a group takedown immediately after witnessing a murder.
- Changed the school logo on the social media website accessible from Yandere-chan’s bedroom.
- Removed a 3D model that was not meant to be visible.
- Added a loading screen that will appear whenever the school scene is loading.
- Students now walk into school wearing fancy shoes and change into “indoor shoes” once they are inside the school.
- Revamped the code for the Credits sequence so that it is much easier to add names of volunteers to the credits.
- Replaced Ryuto’s voiced lines with new lines that more appropriately convey how I imagine his personality.
- Replaced the old Nemesis portrait and icons with a new portrait and icons.
- Gave colored stockings and colored panties to the Rainbow Six.
- Added physics to the “Miku Hatsune” hair style.
- Added eight new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added two new accessories for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new hairstyle for Senpai.
- Improved Koharu’s hair texture.
- Added two new easter eggs.
- Updated the credits.
- Updated some of the sanity-based killing animations so that the victim’s body would not wind up too far away from their position at the beginning of the animations.
- If school atmosphere is low, the school’s loading screen will be different.
- Changed the functionality of Blade Hair Mode.
- Sanity-based killing animations are now activated by default.
- Added twelve new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Decorated the school with more walkways, trees, and bushes.
- Moved the hedge maze to a new location.
- Students will now walk on pathways instead of walking on grass. Also, students will no longer walk on the borders of pathways.
- It is no longer possible to take a panty shot of a character who is not wearing a skirt.
- Added sound effects to the east and west fountains.
- Added several new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Changed the shade of pink that covers the screen when Yandere-chan is near Senpai. Previously, it was 100% magenta. Now, it’s a lighter shade of pink that matches the game’s branding.
- If you go into the Settings menu and press the spacebar on your keyboard, you can toggle experimental graphics settings.
- Kokona won’t try to begin her cooking event if Yandere-chan is already cooking in the kitchen at the time of the event.
- It is now possible to customize a female student’s stockings in Pose Mode.
- Added two new hair models for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted Saki Miyu’s hair model.
- There is now a file named CustomStockings.png in the StreamingAssets folder. You can make girls wear these stockings by using the customization window in Pose Mode, or by editing the Students.JSON file and changing the name of a girl’s stockings to “Custom”. You can replace and modify this texture so that girls will wear whatever stockings you want.
- Open the debug menu and press “5” on the num pad to see an experimental new look for Yandere-chan’s face.
- There is now an experimental “play as a male character” mode, accessible from the Easter Egg Menu.
- Changed the animation that kidnapped victims perform the first time that you torture them.
- Updated Saki’s student portrait to reflect her new hair model.
- Added Lycoris Radiata around the mythical cherry tree.
- Replaced very old 3D models on the school rooftop that looked extremely out-of-place.
- Replaced some temporary placeholder art assets with original, final assets.
- Removed Yandere-kun’s permanent smirk.
- Changed Yandere-kun’s hair.
- It is now possible to customize a mission in Mission Mode so that Nemesis can be killed while she is wearing a disguise.
- Lightened up all characters’ eye textures so that their eyes are a bit brighter and more vibrant.
- Made minor modifications to the Nemesis-chan icons in the Mission Mode menu.
- Changed the sound effects of the rooftop air ventilation machines.
- Added a new debug object to the Light Music Clubroom that allows to test out an upcoming feature.
- Removed some art assets from the game that were only meant to be temporary placeholders.
- Implemented new walking animations for Yandere-chan and female students.
- Replaced the railing on the school rooftop with far superior models.
- Implemented a new running animation for Yandere-chan.
- Implemented a new walking animation for males.
- It is now possible to change the portrait of Yandere-chan that appears in the Stats screen.
- Changed one line of text in Budo’s profile.
- Added a backdrop behind the neighborhood in front of the school.
- Kokona no longer bathes in the same spot where Yandere-chan bathes in the locker room.
- There is now an animation and sound effects for tranquilizing a girl with a syringe. This animation will only play when tranquilizing a student in the storage room.
- Improved the Gardening Club Leader’s hair and face textures, and gave her gardening gloves.
- Added three more idle animations to the mirror in the Light Music Club.
- Updated the school’s fountains with new 3D models and textures that more accurately reflect the look-and-feel of the school.
- There is now an animation for lifting up a girl’s body and dumping it into the musical instrument case in the storage room.
- Replaced the old scissor model with a new scissor model with a much more reasonable polygon count.
- Replaced some copyrighted easter egg music with original music composed for Yandere Sim.
- Adjusted Pippi’s hair model to hide polygon “backfaces”.
- Replaced previous corpse-dragging animations.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Replaced sewing machine sound effect.
- Added physics to Midori’s hair.
- Changed the floor texture in the Martial Arts Club and began to add new props.
- If you open the easter egg menu and press the “a” key on your keyboard, Oka will wear an alternative blazer.
- It is no longer possible to use the debug turtle to summon a character after destroying that character’s corpse.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated some outdated student portraits.
- Replaced more copyrighted music with original music.
- Updated the large backdrop image displayed behind the school’s neighborhood.
- Updated more models in the Martial Arts Club as part of the process of removing all temporary placeholder art assets from the game.
- Added a new easter egg. It’s not accessed from the Debug Menu. It involves the delinquents.
- Students have new “social interaction” animations, and will no longer perform weird saluting/winking/kissing animations when interacting with other students.
- Replaced the old credits theme with a new, original theme that was composed with Yandere Simulator in mind.
- Added a few new accessories for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg; open the debug menu and press the “I” key to disable gravity for corpses.
- Removed the flowers around the mythical tree. They were negatively impacting the performance / framerate too much.
- Students and teachers now have “chatter” visual effects coming out of their heads when socializing/teaching.
- Added new sound effects for the axe so that it doesn’t use the exact same sounds as the baseball bat.
- Added new crouching, crouch-walking, prone, and crawling animations for Yandere-chan.
- Teachers now perform a “teaching class” animation when they are teaching class.
- Removed / compressed a lot of files that were increasing the game’s file size.
- Replaced a hairstyle that had an unacceptably large file size and poly count.
- Students now take out pens and write on paper when they are in class.
- A girl’s eyes will now slowly close when she is being tranquilized.
- Added some new props to the Drama Club.
- Added sound effects when Yandere-chan steps in a blood pool.
- Updated the environment that is visible from the title screen.
- Added a tiny easter egg to one of the school storage rooms.
- Replaced Sora Sosuke’s old hair model with a new one.
- Added a few more new props to the Martial Arts Club.
- Added ambience when peeking into the Info Club.
- Updated the “Huntress” easter egg music.
- Added new quality settings.
- Removed the town.
- Changed the sky texture and added moving clouds.
- Replaced the copyrighted “Ebola” music track with an original track composed for Yandere Simulator.
- Lowered the texture resolution of some unnecessarily-huge textures to lower their file size.
- Added two new accessories and an extra color for one of the color-changing accessories.
- Implemented a new “scared” idle animation for male and female students.
- Implemented a new running animation for male students.
- Changed default music for Mission Mode.
- If a student witnesses something disturbing (like a murder or a corpse) and screams in fear, nearby students will turn and look in the direction that the screaming student is facing. Previously, other students would simply perform their regular idle animation when turning to look at what other students were reacting to. As of now, students will perform a “craning neck” animation while they are trying to see whatever other students are freaking out about.
- There is now a chibi anime figurine somewhere in the school.
- Added a special item in the first-floor east storage room. Once you’re wearing it, laugh in order to remove it.
- Changed the model of the magical girl wand.
- Decorated the Drama Club a little bit. It’s not finished yet.
- Added a couple of new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Yandere-kun’s running animation.
- The previous Hitman easter egg music has been replaced by a new track. It’s “Ave Maria”, a public-domain song. The vocals were actually provided by Yandere-chan’s voice actress!
- Yandere-chan’s smartphone camera view now accurately depicts the currently level of School Atmosphere (desaturated colors).
- Removed debug command that would cause Yandere-chan to turn invisible if the player pressed the spacebar key.
- Teachers will no longer perform the “leaning left and right” animation when giving Yandere-chan a Game Over.
- The camera can now zoom out further when wearing the special wearable object.
- Updated one of Yandere-chan’s new hairstyles to have less clipping.
- Added a pool area to the school.
- Changed the number of quality settings that are offered when launching the game, and changed their names so that they would lead to less confusion.
- The magical girl wand’s sanity-based attack animations now spawn hearts instead of blood.
- Replaced the copyrighted music from the Galo Sengen easter egg with an original track.
- Removed the vertical gap between the school and the street outside of the school.
- NPCs can now pathfind further beyond the school than they could before.
- The player can now choose Kizana’s stockings in Pose Mode.
- Implemented new sound effects for the magical girl wand.
- Changed the appearance of the school swimsuit.
- Added another prop to the Martial Arts Club.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Koharu’s hair model.
- It’s now possible to spawn a student with a light-colored version of Kizana’s hairstyle by editing the JSON file to give a female student hairstyle “22”.
- A lot of other, tiny miscellaneous adjustments (a few more figurines in the Gaming Club, changed the color of the fence that appears on the school rooftop, gave lipstick to Kizana, etc.)
- Added “Good 1/2 Res” setting; it’s for computers that can run the game with good graphics, but still need half-res textures to avoid running out of available RAM.
- The smartphone camera will now have the same draw distance as whatever the player sets the main camera’s draw distance to.
- Removed “Midori uploads a photo to social media after witnessing murder” feature, since it was only half-implemented for the sake of recording video footage, and wasn’t ready to be a part of gameplay yet.
- To help the player avoid being late for class, the game will now spawn “Class Begins Soon” and “Class Begins Now” notifications at appropriate times.
- Removed the last few remaining copyrighted music tracks from the game; Yandere Simulator now has a 100% original OST.
- The game will now inform the player if the Students.JSON file is broken.
- Added more sound effects for the magical girl wand weapon.
- Replaced the music that plays for the Team Skull easter egg.
- Updated the texture of the school’s clock face.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Finalized the Jojo easter egg.
- Updated the lip-sync for the torture animation that plays if a girl’s sanity is above 50% but below 100%.
- Added a few more YouTuber-related accessories for Yandere-chan. They’re located in the “meme closet”.
- The radio can no longer be used to distract Nemesis.
- Added some props to the sewing room.
- Added a very basic “custom soundtrack” feature.
- Replace the Jojo easter egg music with more intense music.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Game engine updated from Unity 4 to Unity 5.
- When changing Yandere-chan’s hairstyle, it is now possible to go back in the hairstyle list by holding down “H” and tapping the left arrow key.
- Attached the “Deal With It” shades to the “P” button (eyewear set) instead of the “O” button (general accessory set).
- Students will now enter a “scared” animation when they witness Nemesis-chan murdering Yandere-chan.
- Removed physics from Yanvania Whip (old Unity 4 whip physics were incompatible with Unity 5).
- Added colliders to the props in the nurse’s office (and re-arranged a couple of the props).
- Yandere-chan’s face is now pure white in “Slender Mode”, as it was always supposed to be.
- Decreased the compression on the credits theme so that you can hear it at full quality.
- Removed the “Custom Soundtrack” menu option since it’s not functioning properly yet.
- Now there are cherry blossoms falling during the credits sequence.
- Added collision boxes to the costume racks in the Drama Club.
- Changed the textures that are used in the infirmary.
- “Talking” visual effects will now come out of a character’s head when they are sitting and talking.
- Added new animation for Yandere-chan when summoning the Jojo easter egg.
- Got the Custom Soundtrack feature to work as originally intended.
- Made further adjustments to some of the geometry on the school rooftop to prevent bizarre-looking shadows from forming on the roof.
- Moved some of the UI elements down by 1 pixel so that there wouldn’t be empty space between them and the bottom of the screen.
- Re-created the list of quality settings that existed in the game’s launcher before the conversion from Unity 4 to Unity 5.
- Updated the nurse’s character model so that her skirt won’t clip into her butt when she walks.
- Updated male student “high-sanity bat death” animation.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted one of the criteria in Mission Mode; the player can now get a game over if a security camera notices a corpse.
- Adjusted the volume of a Mission Mode music track that was way too loud.
- Info-chan now has a reaction to seeing a photograph of Nemesis’ panties.
- Adjusted the functionality of one of the debug commands (teleporting to the roof) because YouTubers seemed to be expressing confusion whenever they used this debug command and saw undesired side-effects. (Teleporting to the roof also teleported Kokona, Riku, and Midori, for easy testing of other features. From now on, teleporting to the roof will no longer affect other characters after 7:10 AM.)
- The “Additional Information” segment of a student’s profile is now populated by text from the Students.json file. (Players can now modify any student’s Additional Info text more easily.)
- An “Evil” student now has a different subtitle when reacting to the sight of a corpse.
- Made the “return to main menu” box match the rest of the game’s UI.
- Kuu Dere now has a different routine and different text in her Student Info profile.
- When finding a note in his locker, a male student will now physically hold an actual note in his hand, instead of just pantomiming the action of finding a note with empty hands.
- A student will no longer try to distract a student that Yandere-chan is speaking to, or a student that is dealing with another distraction, such as turning off a radio.
- Lowered the volume of the air conditioning units on the school rooftop so that it would be easier for the player to hear conversations occurring on the school roof.
- Yandere-chan will now drop any item she is holding before performing the “peek around tree” animation, so that whatever she’s holding doesn’t clip into the tree.
- Adjusted teachers’ schedules so that they will leave the faculty room and walk to class sooner.
- Updated the textures for the cabinets in the Science Club.
- Updated the backup JSON file.
- Students will now stop holding books/pens when they are reacting to a distraction.
- Yandere-chan is now capable of opening doors while crouched.
- It is now possible for the player to use button prompts when being chased.
- Adjusted Sakyu Basu’s lunchtime event so that the player doesn’t have the option to steal Sakyu’s ring if Sakyu is staring directly at her ring.
- Updated the game’s pathfinding plugin. This resolved the issue of students spinning in circles whenever they were given a new destination, and also resolved the issue of teachers sliding across the ground as though they were on ice.
- Added a “Press the Y button to show or hide the delinquents” debug command to the debug menu.
- Yandere-chan will now drop anything that is in her hands when she enters a hiding spot.
- This build contains some optimizations made by tinyBuild that may improve the framerate!
- It’s now possible to change a student’s eye color in the “Customize” menu of Pose Mode.
- Adjusted the nurse’s clothing to be more modest and practical.
- Restored Ryuto’s bandana in his student portrait.
- The player can now put up to 10 custom stockings in the StreamingAssets folder and make them appear on female students by editing the JSON file or using Pose Mode.
- Removed hidden debug command from the Senpai creation screen.
- Replaced the love confession music that plays when Riku confesses his love to Kokona at the end of the matchmaking elimination method.
- Adjust teacher routine times so that the faculty room is never without at least one teacher.
- Yandere-chan will now drop whatever she was holding before she begins the “Rummage” action.
- Updated some of the graphics that display on the computer screen in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Yandere-chan can now sit down at the benches near the fountains outside of school. This has no gameplay application whatsoever, and is purely for fun/immersion.
- Students will no longer perform a “taking notes” animation in class, if class is not yet in session. From now on, if a student arrives to class early, they will mess around on their phone while waiting for class to begin.
- Likewise, teachers will no longer perform a “giving lecture” animation in class, if class is not yet in session; they will perform a “reviewing notes” animation while waiting for class to begin.
- Teachers will no longer stand directly on top of a corpse when inspecting it / calling the police / guarding it. Teachers will now stand 1 meter away from corpses when performing these actions.
- Items will now disappear out of a student’s hands when they witness murder.
- Students will now react to Yandere-chan carrying a dismembered limb in her arms (but do not yet react to dismembered limbs lying on the ground).
- Teachers now have improved animations for inspecting corpses and guarding corpses.
- Changed Yandere-chan’s crouch idle, crouch walk, and crouch run animations.
- Updated the walking animation that Yandere-chan uses in her room.
- The photograph of Senpai in Yandere-chan’s room will now accurately represent the custom Senpai that the player designed.
- Updated the photograph of the high school that appears on the school’s social media page.
- It is no longer possible for the player to run from a group of 4 students who are about to perform a group takedown. A game over is guaranteed, so letting the player run around is pointless.
- “Restore Sanity” now appears in the checklist describing the actions the player must take to avoid being arrested.
- Replaced the font that is used throughout most of the game.
- Added the ability to put buckets of liquid above doorways.
- Strengthened Anti-Osana countermeasures.
- Replaced the animation that the students perform when they are waiting to perform a group takedown (or waiting to attack Yandere-chan for any other reason).
- Updated Yandere-chan’s “about to be apprehended” animation.
- Time will now pass at 50% normal speed during Lunchtime. This is because a lot of story events will occur at Lunchtime, and the game’s clock was ticking by way too fast for all of those events to occur within that phase of the day.
- Improved the animations that Yandere-chan and students use when students are gathering around Yandere-chan and preparing to perform a group takedown on her.
- Added new debug command; the player can now stop the flow of time by pressing the “Pause” key (located above the “Page Up” key on your keyboard).
- Adjusted the appearance of the Pass Time menu to make it more like the rest of the game.
- It is now possible for the player to move back through the accessory list by holding down the “change accessory” key and then pressing the “left” key.
- Updated the names of schemes in the Schemes menu to make it clear that each scheme can only be done on a specific day of the week.
- The emergency gate outside of school will now swing open when the player approaches it.
- Adjusted crouch-walk and crouch-run movement speed and animation speed.
- Touched up the graphics on the title screen a little bit.
- The player is no longer allowed to set a bucket trap anywhere in the gardening club (it was possible to lock yourself into the shed or greenhouse by setting a trap while inside those buildings).
- The player can no longer talk to a student immediately after telling the student to go away. (The student has to finish their “go away” routine first.)
- Distracting sounds (giggles, radios) can no longer distract a student who is checking their locker for a note.
- Changed the music that plays during the “Slender” and “X-tan” easter eggs.
- Adjusted the collision boxes for the doors at the school entrance.
- Restored hair physics to Kokona’s hair.
- Added Bleach to the game. You can pour bleach into a bucket full of water. To clean a surface with a mop, you will first have to dip the mop into a bucket with bleached water.
- Open the “Settings” menu and press the “R” key to activate an experimental “Rim Light” effect on all the characters.
- Changed the button interface for the Photo Gallery in Yandere-chan’s smartphone and also for her corkboard at home.
- Added the first-draft version of “LoveSick Mode”, a more “dark and serious” version of the game.
- Students no longer emit “speech visual effects” when a camera is pointed at their faces.
- Changed the way that Info-chan is lit in the Mission Mode scene.
- Removed redundant button prompts from the Pass Time screen.
- Replaced the old “Hatred Mode” hairstyle with a new one.
- Restored blood pools back to their previous appearance.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Mai Waifu will now spawn with eyes that are shaped differently from the rest of the cast.
- Students will now attack you if they see you holding the decapitated head of a loved one.
- Senpai will now speak much different lines when Yandere-chan is creeping him out.
- Male students will now react when Yandere-chan aims a camera at their faces.
- Mei Mio and Ryusei Koki are now the game’s only “Teacher’s Pet” students.
- Ryuto’s profile now contains a little more information about him.
- All “camera reaction” animations are now much smoother.
- Four of the “Rainbow Boys” are now Social Butterflies.
- Haruto Yuto now has an “Evil” personality.
- Mei Mio and Ryusei Koki now wear glasses.
- Because everyone unanimously agrees that LoveSick’s Senpai creation screen is objectively superior to the previous Senpai creation screen, the default Senpai creation screen is now a pink version of the LoveSick Senpai creation screen.
- Adjusted the settings for the “Rim Light Test” that is accessed by pressing the “R” key at the Settings menu. If you weren’t satisfied with how it looked before, try it again!
- From now on, if the game is desaturated (because of low school atmosphere or LoveSick mode) the colors will temporarily return when Yandere-chan walks near Senpai.
- There is no more “Yandere Simulator or LoveSick?” screen. Now, the only way to activate LoveSick Mode is to press “L” at the title screen.
- Removed the “gentle eyes for Mai Waifu” feature, since it could cause her character model to deform in strange ways.
- Moved a few bugs to more discreet spots. (There are 10 bug spots in total, have you found them all?)
- All Occult Club boys are now Cowards, except for Daku Atsu, who is now a Teacher’s Pet.
- The player will now hear a voice clip from Info-chan when setting a bug.
- Previously, the player had to set a bucket of water above a doorway using the same button that opened and closed the doors, leading many players to accidentally set a bucket of water above a doorway when trying to open the door. In the latest build, the player will now use a different button to set a bucket of water above a doorway.
- The “Gentle Eyes for Mai Waifu” feature it’s now properly disabled in this new build.
- Senpai will now consider it to be suspicious when Yandere-chan is aiming a camera at his face, and will react the same way he does when Yandere-chan is acting weird in his general vicinity.
- Removed half-finished save file functionality that was accidentally included in the last build, since it wasn’t meant to be revealed until it was 100% ready.
- It’s now possible to toggle “Rim Light Mode” on and off by pressing the “R” button in the Settings menu.
- Adjusted Musume’s student portrait (she was positioned very low in the image).
- Added physics to two of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles that didn’t have physics.
- Adjusted the appearance of “Rim Light Mode” again.
- 2D interfaces (such as the pause screen, the tape player menu, the note-leaving menu, etc) should now move and rotate around the screen much more smoothly than before.
- The user can now press “B” at the Settings menu to toggle an experimental background environment around the school.
- Changed the animation that Senpai would perform when the player got a game over for creeping Senpai out.
- Saki will now attack you if she sees you attacking Kokona (and vice versa).
- Improved the stand / walk / run animations for the “Bad Time” easter egg.
- Adjusted the appearance of the computer lab slightly.
- Fiddled with the appearance of Rim Light Mode again.
- Improved three of the “react to camera” animations.
- Removed the Jojo easter egg from LoveSick Mode.
- Added hair physics to Yuna Hina’s hairstyle.
- Moved cassette tapes in the plaza so they’re not stuck in the hedges, rotated trees in the plaza so that duplicated trees aren’t obvious, and shrank the size of the sakura petal spawner in the plaza so that the petals can’t float into the school corridors.
- Coming to school at 8:00 will now cause students to stand where they would logically be standing at 8:00, rather than teleport directly to the destination they’re supposed to have at 8:00 (their classrooms).
- Musume now has a different animation when waiting for Yandere-chan behind the school, and also has a “trying to light cigarette” animation after Yandere-chan gives her cigarettes.
- Carrying a bucket, a mop, or bleach is now considered suspicious outside of “Cleaning Time”, from 3:30 to 4:00.
- It is now possible to change the FPS cap in the Settings menu. The options are 30, 60, 120, and Unlimited.
- Changed which classes students attend so that every classroom has at least 5 students in it.
- The player can now use Yandere Vision while crouching or crawling.
- Students will now perform cleaning animations from 3:30 to 4:00.
- It is now possible to make a student bloody in Pose Mode.
- Implemented the Headmaster.
- It is no longer possible to trigger easter eggs while the Crush Crush skin is active.
- Holding a bucket near a teacher will no longer result in a game over.
- Holding a bucket near Senpai will no longer result in a game over.
- Changed the locations of the safe key and the katana case key.
- The Headmaster will now taze you if you deplete his patience by making him aim his weapon at you 10 times, or aim his weapon for over 60 seconds in total. (No voiced line yet.)
- The Headmaster will now taze you if you bring a corpse into his office. (No voiced line yet.)
- The Headmaster will now taze you if you equip a weapon in his office. (No voiced line yet.)
- Added sound effects for when the Headmaster stands up and sits down.
- Added a new sound effect for the woodchipper.
- Replaced the taser sound effect.
- “Missing Person” posters will now appear in school after a character goes missing. To see what it would look like if numerous characters all went missing simultaneously, open the debug menu, hold down the shift key, and press the “Z” key.
- The school nurse is now a “real” character; she can be distracted by noises, she notices Yandere-chan’s behavior, she can apprehend Yandere-chan, she can be killed, she is replaced if she dies, etc.
- The “Change Persona” mirror is functioning properly again (although it’s still only used for testing purposes, and not attached to a proper-implemented gameplay mechanic yet).
- If the player is playing a “Clean All Blood” mission in Mission Mode, cleans all blood, and then spills NEW blood, the player will now be required to clean up the new blood.
- Text during the end-of-day police investigation sequence will now list dead characters with proper grammar (with commas, instead of repeating the word “and”).
- Yandere-chan’s hair and accessories are now disabled when aiming her camera, so that large hair / accessories don’t block first-person view anymore.
- Midori now wears green socks instead of green stockings, because there was already someone at school wearing green stockings.
- A student who is late to class (or in danger of being late to class) will now run to class instead of walk slowly to class.
- The Kidnapped victims in Yandere-chan’s basement will now wear the same shoes they were wearing when they were kidnapped.
- A mop will now display the text “Dip In Bucket First!” if the player is trying to use a mop without wetting it first.
- Students will now react differently to compliments from Yandere-chan depending on Yandere-chan’s reputation.
- Kidnapped female students now have a different sitting animation after the first time you’ve tortured them.
- It is now possible to choose a mind-broken slave’s target; Kokona is no longer the only possible target.
- The headmaster now has voiced reactions to seeing Yandere-chan wearing a cardboard box in his office.
- The Headmaster’s office and Counselor’s office are no longer using temporary placeholder assets.
- Gym teachers can now spawn with pale skin, and are no longer exclusively limited to tan skin.
- The player can now get a game over for having a low reputation when class begins.
- Fixed the little gap between the mythical tree hill and the ground beneath it.
- Yandere-chan’s bedroom is no longer using any temporary placeholder assets.
- Yandere-chan will now turn to face the Headmaster when he is tazing her.
- Added sakura petals to the ground around trees that shed sakura petals.
- The headmaster will now react when seeing Yandere-chan wearing a mask.
- The player will now lose reputation points for being late to class.
- The Art Room is no longer using any temporary placeholder assets.
- The player will now hear a sound effect when equipping a weapon.
- Minor miscellaneous code optimizations to improve framerate.
- Replaced Cyborg Ninja energy sword attack sound effect.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- When using the JSON file or Pose Mode to make Yandere-chan’s ponytail appear on a character’s head, the ponytail will now have physics.
- Replaced one of Yandere-chan’s “downloaded from the Internet” models with an original model.
- It is now possible to send a mind-broken slave to kill a male student.
- Killing the nurse will now cause the nurse to drop her keys.
- Added some more club posters to the school.
- Removed debug functionality for spawning a student using the spacebar. (It was added for one purpose and was meant to be deleted after fulfilling that purpose.)
- Students will now consider it suspicious when the player is carrying a trashcan or a garbage bag outside of “Cleaning Time”.
- The death of a teacher now has a more significant effect on school atmosphere than the death of a student.
- The Headmaster will now react when Yandere-chan approaches him holding a severed limb.
- Students and teachers will now ignore radios and giggles when classtime is active.
- Replaced 10 unsatisfactory hair models with new-and-improved hair models.
- Weapons will now become stained with blood at the exact moment when they strike a victim, instead of becoming stained with blood after the attack animation ends.
- Senpai will now perform a “suspicious of Yandere-chan” animation when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s suspicious behavior, instead of standing perfectly still.
- The nurse will now react to the sight of seeing you stealing a syringe, stealing the tranquilizer, opening a locked cabinet, or stealing emetic poison.
- Adjusted Riku’s routine so that he will still be in school during the point in time when Kokona is trying to confess love to him.
- Added a new weapon to the game. It’s a reference to a popular “yangire” character. It’s hidden somewhere outside of the school.
- Musume will now avoid discussing her cigarette request with Yandere-chan unless she is behind the school.
- Adjusted the “scared” animation of female students so that their skirts aren’t clipping into their hips.
- Mind-broken slaves will now die at the end of the day if the player doesn’t use them for anything.
- Students will now have shocked/scared body language when Yandere-chan is tazed in front of them.
- Sakyu and Inkyu will now perform a “depressed” animation if their sister goes missing.
- If Kokona is being shunned by her friends, she will remove her friendship bracelet.
- Male students will now close their eyes when clapping erasers at Cleaning Time.
- Added profiles for the Counselor, Headmaster, and Info-chan.
- To prevent an exploit that would allow the player to seperate a student from other students by talking to that student repeatedly, a student will now become annoyed with Yandere-chan and refuse to speak to Yandere-chan if the player lets the student’s patience run out twice during a conversation, or ends a conversation without saying anything twice.
- To prevent an exploit that would allow the player to seperate a student from other students by aiming a camera at that student’s face indefinitely, students will now only pose for 5 seconds maximum before stopping. Aiming a camera at a student’s face for longer than 5 seconds will annoy the student and result in a reputation penalty.
- Replaced the interior of the school gym and fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to turn invisible / flicker while inside the gym. (Howevere, there is still no collision inside the gym yet).
- Made changes to the flexibility of ragdoll limbs in order to to fix a bug that was causing students’ limbs to rotate violently after becoming ragdolls at the end of a death animation.
- Added more cherry blossom petals around areas where they would logically be found (on the hill with a cherry tree and at the two fountains east and west of the school entrance).
- The player must now be less than 1 meter away from a student to attack them. (Previously, the player could attack from 2 meters away, which was super overpowered.)
- Updated Mei Mio’s hairstyle. I apologize to everyone who liked her old hairstyle, but my vision for the game cannot be realized unless Mei Mio has tri-tails!
- Added a little easter egg character to the “Meme Closet”. Tap the “Laugh” button to free him if he gets stuck somewhere when he’s following you around.
- Trying to sneak a weapon through a metal detector by hiding it inside of a cello case or a trashcan will no longer work.
- Students will now turn to look in the direction of Yandere-chan when she is attacked by Nemesis or the Headmaster.
- Button prompts will no longer look blurry if the player chooses to run the game at a low texture resolution.
- Students now stand up out of their seats at different speeds instead of all standing up simultaneously.
- Made a few minor aesthetic changes to the environment (new prop in the pool area, for example).
- The day of the week will no longer be displayed during Mission Mode. (It’s irrelevant.)
- You can now press “W” in the debug menu to toggle bookbags for all students.
- Added text to the loading screen to help players troubleshoot crashes.
- Reduced compression of background music to increase audio quality.
- There are now sound effects for both running and walking.
- Replaced the old “cat ears” accessory with a new one.
- Completely redesigned the Student Council clubroom.
- The volume of running footsteps has been reduced.
- Lowered volume of music in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Added a new joke weapon in the Drama Clubroom.
- Improved the Headmaster bust in the Art Room.
- Added a few new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a lock to the gardening shed.
- Added an apron to Geiju.
- Removed “security system console” from the Announcement Room when security measures are not installed at school.
- Student Council members will no longer turn their backs on you if you are less than 1 meter away from them.
- Updated the punching animation of the “One Punch” easter egg.
- Tweaked a few of the models in the Student Council room.
- Vastly improved the Student Council uniform texture.
- Added earrings to Kuroko’s character model.
- The player can no longer get arrested for committing murder in front of a security camera if they were wearing a mask while they did it.
- Added props to the meeting room in anticipating of adding weekly meetings between faculty, club leaders, and the student council.
- Standing close to a student council member for too long will now cause the council member to feel threatened and shove you away.
- A missing poster will now appear when Kokona goes missing due to dying from being pushed from the rooftop into a dumpster.
- A student council member can no longer shove or pepper spray the player while being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- The Student Council now wears white-and-red indoor shoes that match their uniform, instead of brown loafers.
- If a fence is erected on the rooftop, students will no longer clip into the fence while clapping erasers on the rooftop.
- Student Council panty shots are now worth more than other students’ panty shots.
- Updated the panty models and textures.
- Adjusted “pushing Kokona off roof” animation so that Kokona does not slow down in midair while falling, and doesn’t have a strange facial expression after dying.
- Each student council member now says a unique line of text when discovering a corpse.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan. Press the spacebar to change its color.
- Added numerous new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a poetic easter egg in the Meme Closet.
- From now on, students who gather in a spot to socialize will not perform the “socializing” animation unless at least one other person is present. (As of now, this only applies to the Rainbow 6 and the Basu Sisters.)
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan, in honor of a YouTuber who has helped to spread Yandere Sim to Brazil.
- Compressed many textures in an attempt to lower the game’s file size and memory usage.
- Re-colored a few parts of the GUI to suit the color scheme of the rest of the game.
- Once again attempted to fix the bug that permits male students to be kidnapped.
- Updated the Calendar screen to reflect the year that the game takes place in.
- Slightly changed the appearance of the walkway area in front of the school.
- Updated Mai Waifu’s hair so that some parts of it would not appear black.
- The player can no longer move the camera during a pepper spray game over.
- Added one new easter egg. (Activated with the “M” key in the Easter Egg menu. It’s a very simple and straightforward easter egg, but I hope it amuses you!)
- The faculty room is now a “trespass zone”, and teachers will react when Yandere-chan enters (but I still need to give them a different voiced line to say when Yandere-chan trespasses there).
- A student will now get frustrated and stop talking to Yandere-chan if Yandere-chan repeatedly talks to them and then ends the conversation without saying anything.
- If Yandere-chan looks bloody or insane and points her camera at a student, that student will no longer pose for Yandere-chan, and will now react negatively.
- Added lower-resolution versions of certain textures so that they wouldn’t look strange at a distance.
- Made Slight tweaks to some of the Student Council girls’ textures.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Restored Mei Mio’s bun hairstyle.
- Enabled the “M” easter egg. (I accidentally created the previous build with the easter egg disabled.)
- Added “Hunger Mode” Easter Egg. This one works differently than others. In the beginning, you will move very slowly. *Each time you “eat”, you will gain speed.
- To prevent bugs, Student Council members will now longer shove you or pepper spray you while an easter egg is active.
- Replaced the “leaning left and right” animation with a more natural-looking animation.
- The player can no longer get a Game Over from Senpai while an easter egg is active.
- Usually, when an easter egg is active, I disable the code that allows students to identify Yandere-chan as a murderer. This is so people can goof around with easter eggs without being stopped. However, for the Hunger Mode easter egg, I am allowing students to react to Yandere-chan and apprehend her; this is because the point of Hunger Mode is to challenge the player to stealthily take down students without getting caught in order to unlock powers that get stronger with each student who is consumed. (A cooler reward is something I’ll have to implement in the future.)
- Attempted to reduce chance that martial arts club members would get stuck on each other while attempting to walk into the changing booth.
- The student council will no longer react to Yandere-chan’s footsteps or shove Yandere-chan if an easter egg is active.
- Adjusted Medusa easter egg so that students are only turned to stone if Yandere-chan is within their cone of vision.
- Yandere-chan can no longer be punished for being late to class if her teacher hasn’t even arrived in class yet.
- Began to populate the Announcement Room with props (it’s not finished yet).
- Added a new easter egg to the game – “Gazer Mode”.
- New Persona, Phone Addict.
- Midori’s Persona has been changed to “Phone Addict”.
- The 4 new characters are Musume’s friends, who follow the same fashion trends as Musume.
- Musume’s friends accessorize much more than normal students; They each have unique phones, phone charms, bookbags, scrunchies on their wrists, cardigans around their waists, etc.
- If a student’s reputation drops below -33, that student will be targeted for bullying. (If multiple students have a reputation below -33, the one with the lowest reputation is targeted.)
- A bullied student will use a different walk animation / idle animation than other students, and have a different routine from other students.
- If a student’s reputation drops below -100, the bullying will be so severe that they just won’t come to school anymore.
- Once a day, there will be an event where Musume’s friends harass a student who has been targeted for bullying.
- Musume’s friends will scribble graffiti on the desk of a student who has been targeted for bullying.
- It is now possible to zoom in and zoom out with Yandere-chan’s smartphone even if the user doesn’t have a scroll wheel; just use the Tab and Left Shift keys. (Only works if the player is a member of the Photography Club.)
- Any student who becomes “Broken” (currently, it’s only possible with Musume after kidnapping her and holding her hostage) will switch their Persona to the Coward Persona.
- If a teacher is late to class (or is distracted by something during class), students will now perform a “Huh? What’s wrong?” animation in their seats.
- Changing into a clean pair of shoes will now cause Yandere-chan to stop leaving bloody footprints on the ground.
- Replaced some of the first weapon models (Knife, Syringe, Box Cutter, Screwdriver) with new, improved models.
- Adjusted props in the infirmary room so that there wouldn’t be gaps between the furniture and the walls.
- Removed the “ledge” running around the school’s rooftop; it didn’t really feel like a big improvement.
- All female school uniforms are now “fitted”, like most anime school uniforms usually are.
- Adjusted weapon colliders so that weapons wouldn’t float in midair above surfaces.
- Adjusted the position of some props that appeared to be floating in midair.
- A sound effect will now play when the player takes a photograph.
- Improved the model/texture for the loose socks.
- Added a special power to Hunger Mode, unlocked after the player feeds upon enough students.
- Yandere-chan’s blood footprints now take the shape of bare feet in Hunger Mode.
- Added voiced lines for Yandere-chan while feeding during Hunger Mode.
- Changed the school uniform that Info-chan uses in Mission Mode, since the school’s uniform is black in the “Mission Mode Timeline”.
- Replaced the original placeholder phone model (a black cube) with the higher-quality phone model that is used during Osana’s events.
- Removed debug command for testing an upcoming character model (pressing the spacebar would put every student into a lab coat).
- Midori will no longer mutter to herself while texting; it was causing too many bugs.
- Unfortunately, had to remove Mai Waifu’s custom eyes again; created too many bugs.
- While I was creating the previous update, I changed Musume’s Student ID. This had more side-effects than I expected, and resulted in some new bugs. The quickest way to fix the problem was to simply implement a new student to take Musume’s old Student ID slot. So, I’ve implemented a new character to occupy that spot. However, don’t get too attached to her! She’ll be removed from the game once it’s time to implement the “Mysterious Obstacle”.
- If the player jumps directly to lunchtime at the beginning of the day, the game will automatically put graffiti on the desk of the student with the lowest reputation, without requiring the bullies to manually put it there.
- A student who has been targeted for bullying will now be shy around cameras, and will perform a “hiding face” animation when you try to take a picture of them.
- If multiple Phone Addicts are texting the police, the “Chase Camera” will follow the Phone Addict who is closest to finishing their text message.
- It is no longer possible to give food to a member of the Student Council; they are too cautious to accept food from a stranger.
- Graffiti that has been put on a student’s desk will be removed at Cleaning Time.
- Previously, if you sent a student to distract another student, and the target student entered a “Busy” state (like talking, for example) the original student would immediately return to their normal routine. From now on, a student will not break out of the “Distracting Target” state unless they visually confirm that another student is in a “Busy” state.
- The player will no longer lose reputation points when gossiping with a bully, since bullies don’t frown upon gossip.
- Improved the “sad sit” animation that is performed by a male student who is being bullied.
- Changed the pose that a certain character was doing in her Student Info portrait.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Previously, I attempted to make it possible for female students to have long skirts. However, I wasn’t able to get it to work properly (a long skirt would always clip into the characters’ legs during their walk animation). Today, I came up with a possible solution to the problem, and it seems to be working. Presently, you will be able to see one student in school with a long skirt.
- A bully can no longer be broken out of one of their bullying events by hearing a giggle from Yandere-chan. (However, a bully can still be broken out of a bullying event by seeing Yandere-chan covered in blood, carrying a weapon, acting insane, etc.)
- If Yandere-chan causes a disruption that breaks a bully out of their bullying event, the bully will remark about how Yandere-chan “killed the mood”, and then the bully will leave the area.
- A student’s “bullied” animations will now take priority over their “shy” animations.
- Adjusted the way that male students hold their phones.
- If someone takes a photo of you committing murder, but you’re wearing a mask in the photo, you will no longer get an instant game over, since the cops won’t be able to identify you from the photo. (They’ll still come to school, though.)
- It is now possible to make bullies prematurely end a bullying event by having a another student show up and talk to the bullied student.
- Adjusted height of trees and bushes around the school so they are no longer floating slightly above the ground.
- Adjusted the “Chase Camera” that appears when a student is texting a photo of your crimes to the cops.
- It is now possible to take a panty shot of the school nurse.
- Reverted Horuda’s skirt back to being a short skirt, because the code used to lengthen her skirt created too many unfortunate side-effects. (It would be better to create a new character model designed to have a variable skirt, rather than use workarounds to manually lengthen the skirt of a model that wasn’t designed to support that kind of functionality.)
- The “empty husk” in the Art Club has been replaced by the Art Club’s leader, Geiju. (The player can interact with him, and he has voiced lines, but he will not react to murder or anything like that, so he’s not very different from an “empty husk” at this point.)
- Killing a student with a blunt object stealth attack (neck snap) will no longer cause the student to spawn blood pools (since there is no open wound).
- Yandere-chan now plays new animations when she’s around Senpai. Her animations will get progressively creepier the more time she spends around him.
- Covered up the little gaps on the rooftop that would allow you to look down into the rooms underneath the rooftop (and a few other gaps too).
- The Student Council will no longer react to footsteps when Pose Mode is active, since it interferes with the player’s ability to pose them.
- The player will no longer hear sound effects (such as the incinerator burning something) when the end-of-day text is displaying onscreen.
- The panties that you choose while in Yandere-chan’s room will now actually appear on her character model when at school.
- There are now 5 “ambient conversations” that occur at school between male students – one for each day of the week.
- The mouse cursor is no longer hidden when entering a Mission ID into the Load Mission screen in Mission Mode.
- The little blood-cleaning robot in the Science Club now has an outline when Yandere Vision is active.
- A character whose family member has died will now have a depressed walk / depressed idle animation.
- Added the ability to decorate Yandere-chan’s corkboard at home with red strings.
- It is now possible for randomly-generated students to be Phone Addicts.
- Pippi and Ryuto now have the Phone Addict Persona.
- Made Yandere-chan’s Miku hair more floaty.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Populated the Art Club with props.
- Added a Kill La Kill easter egg. It’s pretty basic for now, but maybe one day I’ll give it more depth.
- The cursor on the corkboard now moves at a slower speed when playing the game with a keyboard (but it still moves at the same speed when using a mouse or a controller).
- Adjusted some of the images in the Art Club so that they wouldn’t flicker when the player moved their camera around.
- Improved some of the paintings in the Art Club.
- If two students in a “mind-broken” state are both trying to kill the same target, the second mind-broken student to reach the target will commit suicide as soon as the first mind-broken student begins the murder-suicide animation.
- It is now possible to “Tag” a student from their Student Info page so that a marker appears around their head in Yandere Vision. This is to help the player when they are trying to quickly locate a specific student.
- The “Evil” Persona has been changed into the “Spiteful” persona. Instead of enjoying all deaths, a Spiteful student only enjoys the death of a student who has been bullying them, or the death of a bullied student.
- It is now possible to change Yandere-chan’s “Persona” at any mirror (including the ones in bathrooms or the locker room). Using different Personas will grant you benefits will certain groups of students.
- Added a new set of background tracks to the game (3 different tracks for each level of sanity during high atmosphere, medium atmosphere, and low atmosphere; 9 tracks in total).
- The police will no longer arrive at school when an easter egg is active. (The Police timer will appear, but no police will arrive.)
- Reduced the reputation boost that the player gets from handing out food, because it was too imbalanced.
- “Dangerous” and “Heroic” students are no longer able to switch to the Phone Addict Persona.
- The corkboard will now recall photographs and strings across multiple days.
- Removed duplicate knife that wasn’t supposed to be in the Cooking Club.
- Double-tapping the “M” key will now change the background music.
- Improved bully cardigan textures.
- Improved Yanketsu texture.
- Improved Ebola textures.
- The player can now use Info-chan’s Services menu to increase their reputation, decrease their rival’s reputation, obtain information about a student, and delay the police when they are en route to school.
- Kokona will now react to Yandere-chan eavesdropping on her private Monday phone call. (This is relevant because Osana’s phone call event uses the same code.)
- Decorated the incinerator area with a few props, since it’s going to receive more focus in the near future. It’s definitely not finished, though.
- There is now an “Eavesdropping” warning at the top of the screen when Yandere-chan is eavesdropping on a private conversation.
- Students will now react negatively if they spot Yandere-chan eavesdropping on another student’s private conversation.
- Aiming a camera at a bully who is bullying a student will now cause the bully to prematurely end the bullying event.
- There is now a DDR-style dance machine somewhere on school grounds. Eventually, I’ll explain its purpose.
- Re-named “Bookworm Persona” to “Scholarly Persona” because “Bookworm” was a very poor choice of words.
- The player can no longer talk to a character who is in the middle of an event.
- From now on, students will investigate screams instead of ignoring them.
- As of now, if all bullies are dead, a student can no longer be bullied.
- Updated the warning text that displays after launching the game.
- The player can now apologize for eavesdropping.
- Added some new props near the shoe locker area.
- Added a few decorations to the Gaming Club.
- Added a new cassette tape to the game. There aren’t any huge plot twists in this tape, but it sets the stage for some future twists.
- Replaced the giggles in the Low Reputation Game Over sequence with new giggles that don’t sound like squeak toys.
- If neither Sakyu nor Inkyu are attending school, Oka will no longer go to the rooftop and try to spy on them.
- Added a few new models to the rooftop, strategically placed for upcoming tactical espionage action gameplay.
- Replaced Kuu Dere’s hair model with a new one, because the original model had strange visual bugs occurring.
- The player can now use Info-chan’s Services menu to make a student leave school for the rest of the day.
- Updated the trophy cases at the front of the school so that they’re not duplicates of each other.
- Changed the floor/wall/ceiling textures of the Science Club (it’s not finished yet, though).
- Updated the dance machine model. (Still not ready to elaborate about its purpose yet.)
- Improved the appearance of some of the walls and pillars outside of the school.
- Restored previous walk animation for Yandere-chan’s “Graceful” Persona.
- Updated the appearance of the school plaza on the title screen.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added another Headmaster tape.
- I’ve put a couple of props into the Photography Club. I’m using that club as a testing ground for new models, so if you see weird stuff in there, don’t mind it too much. The weird props will be moved to other locations eventually.
- Info-chan will now refuse to perform the "Send Student Home" service if a student is preoccupied with something that would logically prevent them from caring about checking their text messages.
Added a small amount of functionality to a model in the Science Club. It doesn’t do anything significant for now…but that might change in the future.
- Restored something that has been gone for a long time.
- Added new delinquents.
- Added combat mini-game.
- Previously, if the player used Pose Mode to move a student inside of an object (like a tree) the player would lose the ability to interact with that student, potentially ruining poses. As of now, activating Pose Mode will cause the game to ignore colliders so that the player can interact with students even if there is a collider between Yandere-chan and the student (or if the student is inside of a collider).
- Rim lighting, color grading, ambient obscurance, and distant background mountains are now enabled by default. The player has been given the option of disabling any of these things in the settings menu.
- Added two more background tracks to the game (each with 9 variations, one for each combination of school atmosphere and sanity).
- It is now possible to release a student from Pose Mode and let them continue their routine after you’ve customized them.
- Updated the “receiving an alarming text message” animation that plays when the player uses the “Send Home” feature.
- Added some models to the Announcement Room, although some further work still remains to be done.
- Replaced Kuu Dere’s new hair model with another one that isn’t as bright and flashy.
- Added shading to Oka’s stockings / arm-warmers.
- Added a few more props to the Science Club.
- Added a new sword to the Drama Club.
- Tweaked Mai Waifu’s hair color.
- Added another Headmaster tape.
- Improved 6 old hair models.
- The button prompts that appear during the combat minigame should now be more crisp and clear and easy-to-read, even when the game is being played at a low texture resolution.
- Added some props to the Science Club in preparation for upcoming characters who will be interacting with those props. (Some of the props are not final yet.)
- Removed the ability to spawn a time portal to 1989.
- Gave Senpai a voiced line for witnessing violence (still needs a unique animation, though).
- Removed debug command for summoning the old delinquents.
- Bullies will no longer attempt to bully delinquents.
- From now on, a delinquent’s fingerprints will be on his weapon from the start of the day, rather than only appearing on his weapon when he grabbed it. (Logically, he had to get his fingerprints on his weapon while putting it in his bag before going to school.)
- Delinquents will no longer bust out their smartphones and start texting immediately after winning a fight.
- Delinquents now start out with lower reputations than other students (and if you try to raise their reputations, their reputations will always reset back to a low number at the beginning of each day).
- A character who has been startled by another character’s scream will now become more alert (they will notice corpses / behavior from further away).
- Rotated one of the trophy cases near the locker area, since it was actually facing the wall.
- Bullies will now refuse to perform the “Distract” favor on a Delinquent.
- Delinquents will now react differently to the corpse of a bully.
- From now on, if you disable rim light / distance blur, the game will remember your preferences and will disable rim light / distance blur in the future. (But when you reset the week, your preferences will be reset, too.)
- Delinquents will no longer continue to perform their attack animation if Yandere-chan is apprehended by a teacher in the middle of a fight.
- Delinquents will no longer accept food from Yandere-chan (if she offers them food, they’ll respond with a rude, dismissive remark).
- Kokona was moved to a different seat in a recent build, so her bookbag has been re-located to her new seat.
- Kokona will now show signs of attraction to the delinquents, since she is attracted to piercings.
- To make it much easier to develop the game, I needed to add a debug command that would allow me to activate / deactivate specific students whenever I choose. I decided to create a menu for it, and I’m very satisfied with how it turned out. In order to access this new menu, look behind the tree that is to the left of Yandere-chan when she goes to school.
- The two sparring students in the Martial Arts club will now actually perform a sparring animation instead of just standing there motionless.
- If you get too close to the two sparring students in the Martial Arts Club, they’ll stop sparring, tell you that you’re in the way, and wait for you to move to a safe distance before they resume fighting.
- If you open the debug menu and press “0” to disable the secondary first-person camera, the background behind Yandere-chan’s hands will now be black instead of pink.
- There should no longer be weird artifacts appearing at the top/bottom of the screen when the player is playing the game at an aspect ratio other than 16:9.
- From now on, when a Rainbow Six girl is sitting in the Cooking Club alone, she will text on her phone instead of talking to thin air.
- Adjusted the position of smartphones in female students’ hands so that the phones weren’t being held at strange, extreme angles.
- Updated the hair physics for two hairstyles which had weird clipping going on whenever the hair moved.
- Added a new easter egg to the Meme Closet. This easter egg is dedicated to a wonderful YouTuber who has been making Yandere Simulator videos for a long, long time!
- A few days ago, I updated the Characters page on the official website with a new character. I didn’t announce it because the website wasn’t updating for me, so I couldn’t actually tell if he had been added to the site or not. Anyway, now it’s working for me, so I can announce that the Characters page has a new addition! By the way, that character’s artwork was updated today, so if you saw him before, you might want to look again.
- Fixed exploit that would allow the player to very easily make a character stand in one spot for a long period of time by continuously aiming a camera at their face to repeatedly invoke their “posing for camera” pose.
- It is no longer possible to use the “Rest in Infirmary” feature under any circumstances where the player wouldn’t be able to attend class (with a dead body lying on school grounds, for example).
- It’s no longer possible to use Info-chan’s “Send Home” service on a student who is in the middle of a scripted event (such as the two boys talking about anime at lunchtime).
- The phone that Yandere-chan holds when she is using the Pass Time feature is now her normal smartphone, rather than the old primitive placeholder smartphone.
- It is now possible to rotate the camera in the Senpai Creation Screen by using the mouse (or the right joystick if you’re using a controller).
- Yandere-chan is no longer able to drag or carry a corpse if that corpse is on fire. (She has to wait until the corpse stops burning.)
- The “Debug Demon” is now disabled during Mission Mode, since debug features are supposed to be disabled during Mission Mode.
- Added collision boxes for many objects in the faculty room / meeting room that did not have collision.
- It is now possible to put the delinquents’ hairstyles on Senpai in the Senpai Creation Screen.
- From now on, a delinquent who was injured and dropped his weapon earlier in the day will no longer try to take down Yandere-chan with his bare hands; instead, he will flee the school while swearing revenge.
- The delinquents will now say different voiced lines when chasing down the player after the player has already defeated them in a fight earlier in the day.
- If a student has been sent to distract a target, they will stop if their target has become busy performing an action (such as changing their shoes).
- The delinquents will now say a voiced line at the beginning of a fight. (These lines are subject to change in the future.)
- Fixed end-of-day police investigation text that referred to a male victim by a female pronoun.
- If a Teacher’s Pet witnesses murder and reports it to a teacher, but the teacher can’t find any trace of a murder and thinks it’s a prank, the Teacher’s Pet will use a traumatized idle/walk animation for the rest of the day, and will no longer perform cheerful socializing animations.
- Students will now refuse to distract the delinquents, because nobody wants to go near them.
- The player can now find additional bleach in the gardening shed.
- A bullied student will no longer agree to distract a bully.
- Yandere-chan can no longer perform certain types of actions while a delinquent is about to start chasing her. This means that, if a delinquent has witnessed her commit murder, has been defeated in the combat minigame, and is catching his breath for a few moments before he begins to chase her, she can no longer perform any action that puts her into a “state” that only ends once an animation has finished playing. For example, the “sit down at sewing machine and sew a uniform” state, which ends once the sewing animation has ended.
- Delinquents now sound much different when reacting to the sight of a corpse. (Previously, they were releasing a blood-curdling terrified scream of pure horror, which doesn’t really suit a bunch of tough guys).
- Adjusted one of the sound-dampening black foam walls in the Announcement Room’s recording booth so that it doesn’t clip through the wall and become visible on the adjacent stairway.
- Adjusted all of Senpai’s game over animations where he would take multiple steps backwards and clip into whatever objects / walls were behind him.
- Adjusted “delinquent loses combat minigame” animation so that their right arms aren’t posed at such odd angles when they loses a fight.
- Edited “refuse to distract student” text to use gender-neutral phrasing so that it can work with both male and female students.
- Made progress towards adding the Science Club to the game. Visit the science clubroom to see a preview of upcoming characters!
- Replaced old “getting into fight” delinquent voiced lines with louder, faster, more aggressive versions of those lines.
- Delinquents now have voiced lines when noticing a bully’s corpse and running away from it.
- Updated the appearance of the gate outside of the entrance to the school.
- Added “witnessed Yandere-chan having a fight” animation for Senpai.
- Updated the look-and-feel of the official website! Check it out!
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added Enigma Mode.
- The player can no longer perform a club activity immediately after sending a mind-broken slave to kill someone.
- Updated the appearance of the Photography Club. It’s not finished yet; I still need to spend another day or two on it to bring it to completion – then I’ll be ready to add the Photography clubmembers and the “Sleuth” Presona to the game!
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Slightly updated Cirno Mode textures.
- Performed more work on the Photography Club’s clubroom. I’m still not done working on it, but if you take a second look at it now, you may understand it a bit better.
- When they are alone, delinquents now use an updated “texting on smartphone” animation that looks much more appropriate for a “tough guy” type of character.
- Musume now loses the “Phone Addict” persona and switches to the “Coward” persona after being kidnapped and held for ransom.
- Male students’ hands will no longer clip into their phones when they are checking their phones before class begins.
- Way back on June 3rd, 2015, I implemented the “Bancho” easter egg. Recently, I accidentally activated this easter egg while trying to use a debug command, and saw it for the first time in years. I realized that it’s incredibly boring – it doesn’t even have any sort of functionality or attack associated with it! I decided to spice it up with a new appearance, new animations, and an attack animation. It’s very similar in nature to other easter eggs we’ve had in the past, but still, I couldn’t resist updating it; I didn’t want to leave Bancho Mode in such a boring state.
- Female students will now use a different animation when texting on their phones; the previous “ditzy, carefree, air-headed” texting animation was only meant to be used by Midori.
- Updated the icons that appear in the “Challenges” section of the Calendar screen. (Bet you forgot all about that screen, huh?)
- Delinquents will no longer stop and pose for a photo if you aim your camera at them while you’re in the Photography Club.
- Made further adjustments to the Photography Club (it’s still not done yet).
- Changed the wording of the text that displays when a club disbands because of a dead club leader so that it applies to more types of circumstances.
- Cowards will no longer use the Phone Addict reaction to murder if they are holding a smartphone when they witness a murder.
- Adjusted the rotation of the doors in the plaza area so that they won’t clip into the hedges near the walls of the plaza.
- Added a few more props to the Announcement Room.
- Added 5 new characters and two new Personas.
- Added some props to one of the gym storage rooms
- Added a little bit more space between lines when talking to a Club Leader so that their sentences don’t begin too quickly after their previous lines.
- Changed Rojasu’s surname (his previous surname was a typo).
- Updated the Sleuth Persona’s “investigate” animation so that it looks more natural, and made them stand farther away from their targets so that they look like they’re checking out the vicinity rather than closely examining one person.
- Gave the Photography Club new “carefree talking” and “serious talking” animations that might feel a little more natural.
- Adjusted Rojasu’s animations a bit to give him that “chill” vibe I was going for.
- Tweaked Horuda’s portrait.
- When a female student is standing while texting on a smartphone, the smartphone should no longer be tilted at a strange angle.
- Adjusted the headmaster’s code so that when he rotates to face Yandere-chan, his movements look more natural.
- Updated the “burning to death” animation for male students so they close their eyes at the end.
- Students should no longer get stuck on doors when trying to pass through a doorway.
- Changed some of the Photography Club’s poses in their student portraits (but I will probably continue to tweak Rojasu and Sukubi’s poses and expressions, since I’m not satisfied with them yet).
- Removed debug commands from the Welcome scene (the first scene that displays when you launch the game) because some people were activating those commands by accident and getting confused.
- Updated Senpai’s “reacting to creepy behavior from Yandere-chan” game over animation so he doesn’t step so far backwards, to prevent him from clipping into any props or walls behind him.
- Heroic students will now sprint to the source of a scream as soon as they hear one, instead of pausing for several seconds and then walking slowly to the source of the scream.
- Updated the Photography Club’s textures to give them color schemes that are less derivative of pre-existing characters with similar hairstyles.
- Added buildings in the distance outside of the school to represent the small town that is supposed to be outside of Akademi High.
- Updated the colliders of the school’s stairways so that it doesn’t feel like there are invisible walls near the stairways.
- Adjusted the size of Beruma’s glasses.
- Added another set of background tracks to the game, one for each combination of sanity and atmosphere – a total of 9 new tracks! It’s the 6th set of background tracks added to the game.
- You can now use the “Void Goddess” (spider demon lady) to teleport students to your position, for testing / debugging features that require certain characters being present in a specific location to witness certain things.
- Adjusted chair colliders in classrooms so that students should no longer be able to get stuck on their chairs when trying to leave their classrooms / sit down at their seats.
- Added an extra curtain entrance to the Photography Club’s hangout so that they can no longer be blocked from entering their own hangout by Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted pathfinding timing so that students don’t frequently change course all the time (less robotic behavior, more fluid and human behavior).
- Added 15 new characters and gave them routines that involve interacting with various new props placed around the school.
- Added collision boxes to the school gym, so the player can no longer walk through the walls.
- Added Fureddo’s armband to his student portrait.
- Improved Yandere-chan’s “Ibuki” hair model.
- Added two news hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Improved Rojasu and Sukubi’s portraits.
- Added functional doors to the gym.
- The player can now activate a club leader’s club-related dialogue options by speaking to them whenever they are within 10 meters of their club routine area, instead of having to speak to them when they are standing still inside of their club.
- The club characters will now stop holding props in their hands when the player has aimed a camera at their faces.
- If a delinquent sees Yandere-chan holding a bully’s corpse, they will now react with the “Evil Persona” reaction.
- Removed the nameplates that were mistakenly placed inside of the gym’s storage rooms.
- Restored missing geometry on the exterior of the school gym.
- Adjusted a few characters’ personas.
- To make sure that his profile description (“a man of few words”) matches his behavior, Geiju now speaks exclusively in extremely short, apathetic, one-word or two-word sentences when interacting with Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted the Student Information box so that text can’t be right up against the borders of the box.
- Updated Geiju’s portrait to accurately reflect the color of his glasses.
- Removed some expensive debug calls that were lowering the framerate.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- Students should no longer be able to get stuck on open doors on the school’s rooftop.
- Geiju will now say a shorter sentence when reacting to Yandere-chan’s misbehavior.
- Decorated the bullies’ bags with stickers and pins.
- Updated Kaga’s hair model and portrait.
- In order to prevent the player from accidentally resetting the day when they didn’t mean to, the “Reset Day” debug command now requires the player to hold down the “~” key for 1 second, instead of tapping it.
- If you press the “L” key at the Settings menu, all settings will drop to the lowest level. This will improve the framerate. (If you press “L” and then turn on anti-aliasing, it actually looks pretty okay!)
- When the player is spotted in Mission Mode, a text box will now inform the player of exactly which student spotted them.
- The Settings menu now allows the player to change the sensitivity of the camera.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added another background track to the school; now there are 7 different tracks you might hear while walking around school. (And each of those tracks has a variation for every combination of sanity/atmosphere.)
- Changed the layout of the exterior of the school so that the pool, gym, and running track are closer together, and located closer to the shower areas.
- Temporarily disabled depth-of-field, since it was causing a bug where objects would become blurry if viewed in front of a transparent object.
- Added a text box to the Custom Music menu with instructions so that people will be able to understand how to use it properly.
- Added some posters on the hallways.
- Changed the backdrop outside of the school.
- It’s no longer possible for Yandere-chan to exit the locker room while she is nude.
- Added a shower area for male students.
- Added 5 new students to the game – the Sports Club!
- In the morning, they jog on the school’s running track. In the afternoon, they swim in the school pool.
- Their daily routine involves changing into two different outfits (a jogging tracksuit and swimming trunks).
- Their club activities involve 7 different animations, way more than most other students, who usually only have about 1 or 2 club-related animations.
- When they dive into water, their hair gets wet, and their hair model changes shape to reflect the fact that their hair has become soaking wet.
- Each member of the Sports Club has a different level of strength, and when they take off their clothing, the player can see different levels of muscle definition on their bodies.
- Attempted to improve pathfinding so that Sports Club members won’t take shortcuts across the grass field when running on the track behind the school.
- Sports Club students will no longer attempt to use the same ladder as other students when climbing out of the pool.
- Changed the text that displays on the Student Info screen when a student’s strength is the maximum value.
- Reduced length of one of the Sports Club stretching animations.
- Added 9 new characters to the game.
- Added 2 new clubs to the game – Cooking and Drama. (Arguably, it’s 3 new clubs, since the Gaming Club has completely changed).
- Added 1 new task to the game. This is the first task that has utility outside of simply befriending a student; it impacts other characters’ routines.
- It is no longer possible to activate “High School Population” mode, since it was a feature that always required a lot of maintenance, and it’s no longer necessary, since the school’s population is pretty high as it already is.
- When talking to a club leader in a clubroom, it is now possible to switch from discussing the club to discussing other topics by pressing the “F” key (or the X button on Xbox controller).
- A fragile student will no longer agree to meet you to discuss bullying in a classroom; they’ll only agree to meet you in a place with few people (like behind the school or the rooftop).
- It is no longer possible for Nemesis to disguise herself as a club leader, since it could prevent the player from being able to join a club they need to join in Mission Mode.
- Removed Oka Ruto from the game and made Shin Higaku the president of the Occult Club.
- Removed the “Rainbow Girls” and “Rainbow Boys” except for Kokona, Riku, and Saki.
- Musume’s task is now available after cleaning time, instead of during lunchtime.
- The Sports Club will now eat lunch nearby the pool as part of their routine.
- The bullies will now sunbathe at the pool as part of their routine.
- Added new props to the backstage area of the school gym.
- Updated the appearance of male gym uniforms.
- Improved the “playing video games” animation.
- Changed the Gaming Club accessory to a red cloth. (Every clubmember wears their cloth differently.)
- The “play a video game” feature has been moved from the computer lab into the new Gaming Club room.
- The Gaming Club has been moved to a different room in the school, and has been furnished with props.
- The Gaming Club students now walk around school, playing an “augmented reality” game on their smartphones.
- Yandere-chan can now view “augmented reality” on her smartphone in order to see where the Gaming Club is heading next.
- Yandere-chan can also “play” the augmented reality game; she can shoot energy blasts to kill virtual monsters, which will cause the Gaming Club to change course and head in a different direction.
- Previously, if you annoyed a student by repeatedly talking to them / wasting their time, they would ignore you for the rest of the day. Now, they will only ignore you for a few hours (after you’ve passed time in class).
- From now on, if a Phone Addict witnesses you commit murder in the span of time *after* they have taken a photo, but *before* they begin fleeing, they will snap another photo.
- When joining the Gaming Club, Yandere-chan will now wear a red cloth instead of a D-pad in her hair, like the rest of the members of the club.
- Disabled the cinematic camera’s ability to see the “augmented reality” models, so that the magical girls don’t photobomb your screenshots.
- Lowered the volume of the latest set of background tracks, since they were much louder than the rest of the game’s music.
- Distributed different Personas to some of the students, since the ones in the previous build were placeholders.
- Changed the appearance of a Cooking Club student who looked too similar to a pre-existing student.
- Students will now refuse to follow Yandere-chan into the locker room; it’s just too weird.
- Added a voice clip for Yandere-chan when she is asking the bullies their opinion of Gema.
- Added the D-pad as a hair accessory option for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos and inaccuracies in Students’ profiles.
- Added aprons to male Cooking Club members.
- Adjusted layout of gym backstage area to try and prevent characters from becoming stuck on corners.
- Restored the “ambient conversation” where two boys talk about anime.
- Updated the hair models and textures of some of the new characters.
- Made adjustments to the game’s rendering process that should help to achieve a higher framerate.
- If a club leader witnesses the player commit murder, that club leader will refuse to allow Yandere-chan to join their club. I fixed a bug that prevented a club leader from speaking the correct line of dialogue when this was supposed to be happening.
- Updated the voiced lines that the teachers use when Yandere-chan is trespassing. Their lines are now more general, so that the lines can apply to a broader variety of situations
- It is no longer possible to use the “Send Home” service on a student if that student doesn’t have their cell phone with them
- Updated the names/portraits/text that appear on the social media page when exposing Kokona for compensated dating.
- Moved Kokona’s bookbag to the location of her new seat.
- Restored the “Custom Portrait” feature that had been missing from the game for a while. Read the text file named “How To Add Custom Textures.txt” in the StreamingAssets folder to learn how to use it.
- When the bullies are trying to spy on Gema, they will manually open the door to the Gaming Club if it’s closed when they are trying to spy.
- When the bullies are trying to spy on Gema, they will no longer perform the “spying” animation unless he’s actually in the room.
- The accessory that appears on Yandere-chan’s body after joining the Drama Club is now a rose instead of the “cravat” from before.
- Changed the way that students spawn at the beginning of the day so that they are all in distinct groups.
- Restored Kokona and Saki’s friendship bracelets.
- It is now possible to learn a student’s opinions on various topics by befriending the student, then asking them to follow you around school, and then walking by various important locations (such as clubrooms, library, incinerator, etc). As of now, only Kokona has opinions on topics, but other students will be updated with opinions evenutally.
- To make it clear that the player must befriend Kokona in order to be able to use the “Offer Help” command, the text “Must Befriend Student First” now appears when attempting to offer help to Kokona before befriending her.
- When I changed Kokona’s StudentID number, various features related to Kokona became broken. These features should now be fixed.
- Gave Gema a new hairstyle upon completion of his Task. His new hairstyle should make him look much more like a “handsome stud”.
- A student’s name now appears beside the button prompt at their locker, so that you can easily tell whose locker it is.
- The bullies will no longer bully a boy that they have a crush on, no matter what level his reputation is at.
- It is no longer possible to block a student’s path using a dropped object.
- The Cooking Club will now prepare food that matches the descriptions written in their profiles.
- Added something new to the game, located inside of Yandere-chan’s home.
- I’ve updated the Matchmaking minigame so that a student’s opinions are displayed onscreen during the minigame.
- Students will now refuse to follow Yandere-chan into a bathroom, similarly to how they refuse to follow Yandere-chan into a locker room.
- Added a little explosion effect for whenever a bullet hits an enemy in the Miyuki minigame.
- Moved the mirror in the Light Music Club so that it’s accessible again.
- Each club leader now has a different icon on their red club armband.
- Added a “Hard Mode” to the Miyuki minigame. Press “H” at the Miyuki title screen to activate it.
- A student who is already holding a smartphone in their hands will no longer perform a “take out smartphone” animation when they are answering a text from Info-chan.
- Characters will no longer agree to follow Yandere-chan if they are in the bathroom or locker room when she asks them.
- Players who use QWERTZ keyboards can now use the Y key instead of the Z key to shoot in the Miyuki minigame.
- The “put answer sheet in Kokona’s desk” prompt was not located at Kokona’s desk; this has been fixed.
- Club leaders now gather for a meeting in the Meeting Room every Friday at 3:30.
- Added collision box to a table in the Science Club that was missing collision.
- Updated the title screen music and boss battle music in the Miyuki minigame.
- Added a “practice self defense” feature to the Martial Arts club.
- Added more props to the backstage area of the school gym.
- If you kill a member of the Occult Club before doing the Occult Club’s activity, you will only see 5 cultists instead of 6 during the ritual.
- Photography Club members can no longer be targeted by bullies.
- If the player makes Yandere-chan rummage through papers in the faculty room, Yandere-chan will now drop whatever she is holding in her hands before she does so.
- The Drama Club’s gloves are now a 3D model that physically appears on Yandere-chan’s hands, instead of being a 2D texture.
- It’s no longer possible to get a Game Over in the Miyuki minigame by touching the final boss while he is exploding.
- Re-positioned the door of the “Meme Closet” so that it would no longer clip into the doors adjacent to it.
- The mirror in the Light Music Club will no longer show Miyuki or other aspects of the AR minigame.
- Put anime on the TV screen in the Gaming Club.
- When playing the Miyuki minigame, the player now has the option of choosing between “Classic Mode” (the way the game was originally intended to be played) and “Magical Mode” (enemies drop pickups, you can fill up a bar to shoot more projectiles, and you are invincible for 1 second after being hit by a projectile).
- Changed render settings that should drastically improve the framerate. In the previous build, the lowest framerate I was able to get was 20, but in the current build, the lowest I can get is 27!
- Changed shader for the pool’s water so that it shouldn’t flicker in strange ways when the player adjusts the camera angle.
- Updated facial expression on walk animation for female students so that they don’t all have “resting bitchface”.
- There is now a bucket of red paint in the Art Club. The player can use this bucket to splatter themselves with red paint to give themselves the appearance of being splattered with blood. There is a reason to do this, but instead of describing it, I’d like to see who can figure it out.
- If a teacher catches the player misbehaving, they are sent to the guidance counselor.
- In the guidance counselor’s office, the player is given several dialogue options, and must figure out which one will get them out of trouble (or result in the least-harsh punishment).
- After hearing the player speak, the guidance counselor will either let you go, suspend you for a number of days, or expel you outright.
- The guidance counselor has around 80 different voiced lines that can be heard while the player is in her office!
- One of the player’s potential dialogue options is locked at the beginning of the game, and must be unlocked before it can be used.
- The player can no longer freely walk around inside of the Guidance Counselor’s office. *Accessing the door to the counselor’s office will now put the player into a chair inside the counselor’s office, and ending the conversation with the counselor will teleport the player outside of the office.
- You can tap the E key (or the A button on Xbox controller) to speed up the teacher / counselor dialogue and rush through the counselor sequence. You can can get caught, get sent to the counselor’s office, and get released within 10 seconds if you mash fast enough.
- Unlike everyone else in the game, the counselor’s mouth moves when she talks!
- The Light Music Club members walk around with instruments, and practice playing their instruments in secluded spots so that they don’t pester anyone.
- Joining the Light Music Club enables Yandere-chan to play a rhythm minigame. Depending on your performance, you can earn lots of reputation points through this minigame.
- The Light Music Club practices performing in their clubroom after 4:00 PM.
- Moved the stapler from the counselor’s office to the headmaster’s office, since it’s no longer possible to enter the counselor’s office.
- Updated the text that displays when joining the Light Music Club to better describe the advantages of joining the club.
- The player can no longer enter the guidance counselor’s office while covered in blood or visibly insane.
- Adjusted volume of the music that plays during the counselor minigame, since it was a bit too loud.
- Made small timing adjustments to the Light Music Club’s 4:00 PM performance.
- Increased the volume of some voiced lines that were too quiet.
- Adjusted the water of the school pool so that it won’t flicker and change colors depending on the camera angle.
- It is no longer possible to get sent to the guidance counselor for holding a mop or a bucket.
- Added collision boxes to certain props in the LMC that didn’t have collision.
- Increased the volume of Miyuji’s voiced lines, since they were too quiet.
- Moved the LMC chairs around slightly so that the girls’ hair won’t clip through the walls behind them when they practice with their instruments.
- Updated the LMC’s student portraits to include their makeup.
- Returned “resting bitchface” to Kuu Dere.
- Implemented visuals for the “End of Day” Sequence
- Added new visuals for the End-of-Day sequence for when the police find an unconscious student inside of the musical instrument case.
- Added post-processing effects to the End-of-Day sequence to make it more fancy.
- Inverted Beshi’s bass guitar, since I accidentally gave her a left-handed guitar, and she’s right-handed.
- Unconfirmed, but may have improved framerate
- Added a new easter egg. You activate it by typing two words during gameplay. The first word is a synonym for “boat” and the second word is a synonym for “female”.
- Fixed visuals for a very rare End-of-Day scenario; if the police arrest someone for murder, and then notice blood on Yandere-chan’s uniform, she can convince the police that the victim’s blood was splattered on her uniform when the murder took place.
- Updated walking/standing animations so that now certain characters have “friendly” expressions and other characters have “unfriendly” expressions.
- Updated a few character portraits so that some characters are smiling and some are frowning, depending on their personality descriptions.
- Improved “waking up in instrument case, confused” animation, the “shrugging cop” animation, the “surprised to find girl in instrument case” animation, and the “playing air guitar” animation.
- If the player frames multiple people for murder, the End-of-Day sequence will now depict multiple people being arrested for each of the different crimes.
- Added handcuffs to characters who are getting arrested in the End-of-Day sequence.
- It’s now possible to summon another demon.
- New easter egg. You’ll need to type three words while holding a certain object.
- Updated student portraits to fix female characters whose heads were at strange angles.
- The royalty-free track that played upon completion of a mission in Mission Mode was replaced it with a new, original track created specifically for Yandere Simulator by stallod_orch!
- It is no longer possible to perform the Light Music Club rhythm minigame (or the Martial Arts Club sparring minigame) while the police are on their way to the school.
- From now on, if Yandere-chan is eavesdropping on a student, the act of eavesdropping will only be suspicious to the person who is having a private conversation.
- Itachi now uses a different texting animation than other students (he’s a moody character, so he needs a moody-looking animation).
- Slightly adjusted the appearance of the Student profile screen; the screen now displays what class a student is in.
- Geiju will no longer attempt to enter the Art Club during Cleaning Time if the Art Club has been shut down.
- Kokona will no longer try to prepare food in the Cooking Club if the Cooking Club has been shut down.
- Male victims of a murder-suicide now have voiced lines for when they are being stabbed to death.
- It is now possible to invert the Y-Axis from the pause screen’s “Settings” menu.
- Gardening Club members now have different-colored watering cans.
- Replaced the model used in the Shipgirl easter egg.
- Updated the Basu twin’s portraits.
- Made it a little easier to pickpocket Uekiya’s keys by extended the amount of time that she stands still for.
- Moved some of the Gardening Club’s most useful items (shovel, axe, gasoline) into the gardening shed.
- Updated Cooking Club aprons so that each member’s apron matches their kerchief.
- Added some props into the Gardening Club’s greenhouse.
- Updated the vending machine and soda can models.
- Updated the Gardening Club’s dirt path texture.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a Task for Gita Yamahato.
- Reduced the size of the occlusion culling box and converted background geometry into a skybox to try and improve a few rendering issues to improve the framerate.
- From now on, when you take a photo of something that has a use for Yandere-chan (like a photo of panties), a text box will appear at the top of the screen and display the name of whatever you have just photographed. If you take a photo of a Task-related subject (such as the kitten, or Miyuji playing air guitar) you’ll see the name of that subject appear at the top of the screen, too. This should help the player to confirm that they have taken a photograph of something that satisfies the requirements of a Task.
- From now on, whenever you speak to a student, all Light Music Club members’ instruments will decrease in volume so that the sound of their instruments doesn’t overpower the voice of the student you’re speaking to. Their volume will return to normal when you stop speaking to the student.
- Thanks to help from AMZE, female characters now have more distinct faces. As of now, no two female characters have a 100% identical face, although there are characters with very similar faces (within 1% of one another). Their current faces are not necessarily final, and may continue to change in the future.
- Fixed the camera that provides a view of an object striking Kokona after it has been dropped from the roof (press “Q” when dropping something on Kokona to see this camera).
- Added a new item to Info-chan’s “Drops” menu; a lockpick. It can be used to pick the lock to the gardening shed or the medicine cabinet.
- Updated Saki Miyu’s hair.
- Adjusted the appearance of Yandere-chan’s eyes during Yandere Vision.
- Fixed the broken “Riku confesses to Kokona” cutscene.
- Updated the Cooking Club apron textures again.
- Changed Ajia Ashitomi’s apron texture.
- From now on, when buying a student’s information through Info-chan’s Services menu, the name of a student will be displayed even if you haven’t bought that student’s info yet.
- Changed the button that activates the pickpocketing minigame to reduce occurrences of accidentally talking to the character that you’re trying to pickpocket.
- Adjusted pathfinding grid so that characters should no longer be able to get stuck on the doors leading to the school plaza.
- Updated character portraits (the ones in the previous build were using the wrong uniform).
- Yandere-chan will now receive a reputation penalty when being suspended from school.
- Added an “Edit Face” option to Pose Mode so that you can tweak characters’ faces.
- Re-positioned some of Info-chan’s covert listening devices. Can you find all 10?
- Added a sun to the sky.
- Added more cardboard boxes near the incinerator area so that the player is no longer able to sneak a corpse past the delinquents by simply hugging the wall as they turn the corner.
- Made further adjustments to the pathfinding grid to make it even less likely for students to get stuck on doors when passing through doorways.
- The Matchmaking minigame involved a reference to Kokona’s stockings, but she’s no longer wearing stockings, so I’ve removed that reference.
- Improved the “lifting heavy weight” animation so that the heavy weight doesn’t clip into the ground as it’s being lifted.
- Occult Club members now have a different line of dialogue when they see you walking around with the Ritual Knife.
- The “Edit Face” option in the Pose Mode menu is no longer available if you’re attempting to pose a male student.
- Updated the lockpick model.
- Began implementing a Saving/Loading system; it’s now possible to access the Save/Load menu options in Yandere-chan’s smartphone menu. Currently, saving/loading will only affect students, Yandere-chan, and the time of day.
- Added vegetables to the empty gardening plots in the Gardening Club, in preparation for improving the gardening club members’ routines by giving them more actions to perform aside from “watering flowers”.
- Updated the appearance of the TV + TV stand in the Gaming clubroom so it’s not a duplicate of the TV + TV stand from Yandere-chan’s home.
- Updated the artwork for the club recruitment posters near the school’s entrance. The new artwork was illustrated by Neronda!
- Further improved the lifting-heavy-weight animation.
- Updated the “Characters” page on the official website with a new category – “Groups”. There is the Science Club, Bullies, and Student Council. No text yet; only images for now.
- Yaku Zaishi will now have “sad eyes” on his visor when he has been targeted for bullying.
- It is now possible to use the lockpick to open the safe or the display case in the Headmaster’s office.
- Gita will no longer give her Task if the Light Music Club is closed, or if Miyuji is dead.
- Changed the game’s post-processing bloom effect so that it’s not so harsh on the eyes.
- Students will now refuse to follow Yandere-chan into the delinquent/incinerator area.
- If the delinquents get expelled, School Atmosphere will now receive a small boost.
- Changed the color of Fureddo’s ascot to distinguish him from his namesake.
- Changed the appearance of the tranquilizer bottle in the infirmary.
- Fixed discoloration problem with Homu Kurusu’s eye texture.
- Changed all instances of “Yandere-chan” to “Ayano”.
- Added three new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added many new props to the Drama Club.
- Updated Fureddo Jonezu’s hair model.
- From now on, if a club closes down, the corresponding “Join our club!” poster will disappear.
- There is now a confirmation window when deleting your save data at the Calendar screen.
- There is now a confirmation window when deleting your save data at the Title screen.
- Replaced one of Yandere-chan’s original hair models with an improved version.
- Updated Riku and Kokona’s eye colors.
- Added another background track to the school scene (with 9 variations, one for each combination of atmosphere and sanity), made by Ferret Entertainment! The school scene now has 8 tracks in total. During school gameplay, you can skip to the next track by tapping the “M” key twice.
- Removed Study-kun A and Study-kun B. Their purpose was to allow the player to deduce what Kokona was attracted to (slick hair, intelligence) but now that the school has other male students with those traits, the Study-kuns are no longer necessary.
- Added two new background music tracks to Mission Mode (there are now 8 tracks in total). You can change the music that plays in Mission Mode by opening the pause screen and selecting the music icon during Mission Mode gameplay.
- Upgraded the music being played by the Light Music Club when they practice around 5:00 PM. The new track was provided by David Area Williams of DIAVImusic
- From now on, whenever the police identify a student’s corpse, the following day will begin with a memorial service for the deceased student.
- From now on, if Kokona is in a relationship with Riku, she will no longer turn her head and check out other guys she finds attractive.
- Adjusted glasses on Senpai’s face in the Senpai creation screen so that the glasses aren’t clipping into his head in a weird way.
- The lock of Senpai’s hair in Yandere-chan’s Senpai Shrine will now be the same color as the hair that Senpai actually has.
- Moved the kidnapping case to the gym instead of the storage closet.
- The Save/Load feature will now remember what doors were opened/closed at the time that the game was saved.
- Adjusted the dates on the Calendar scene so that the game now takes place in 2020 instead of 2019.
- Teachers now have different hair colors, instead of all being brown-haired.
- From now on, whenever Yandere-chan’s Physical Education Stat increases during gameplay, all corpses at school will automatically update to have the “Carry” button prompt appear.
- The Drama Club can no longer be seen rehearsing their play on the gym stage if a memorial service was held there earlier in the day.
- From now on, Yandere-chan will be wearing indoor shoes after exiting a memorial service.
- Adjusted teacher hair color / eye color again.
- Senpai can no longer be killed by Ebola.
- The “chase camera” that appears when a student is running away after taking a photograph will now have appropriate desaturization, depending on current School Atmosphere.
- Yandere-chan will now begin Mission Mode with a single stat point in all of her stats.
- When aiming Yandere-chan’s camera, you can now switch to a “selfie” camera angle. The selfie angle allows you to be more discreet when taking a photo, because bystanders will assume that you’re taking a photo of yourself, rather than their face or their panties. In the selfie angle, your goal is to take a photograph of something to the side of Yandere-chan, rather than directly in the center of the screen. You can press a button to activate a little guide that shows you where your target should be located on the screen.
- It is now possible to open/close the school gate by pressing a button near the spot where the gym teacher stands in the morning. You cannot press the button if the gym teacher is nearby.
- Added a Japanese-style garden area nearby the incinerator area. It’s an experiment, and I might decide to resize it / redesign it / move it elsewhere in the future.
- When pushing/pulling the dumpster, it is now possible to use the arrow keys in addition to the WASD keys or control stick.
- Dumbbells now have unique combat animations, instead of re-using the baseball bat animation set.
- From now on, whenever Yandere-chan performs a Task for a student, her reputation will increase.
- Added new attack animations for the dumbbells. (Current sound effects are placeholders.)
- Adjusted the appearance of the cafeteria area.
- Yandere-chan can now pick up fire extinguishers and use them as weapons.
- Added “Now Loading” text when reloading a mission in Mission Mode.
- Added a couple of new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 4 new characters to the game! All of them are male students who are not members of any club.
- One of the new characters has a task. If you complete his task, he will provide you with one spare uniform per day.
- One of the new characters trips and falls at the entrance of the school. When he falls, his head lands right where the school gate is. If you time it properly, you can squash his head by pushing the button that closes the gate right before he trips and falls.
- It’s no longer possible to make a student distract another student who has not yet arrived at school (or leaving school).
- Added some new props to the Sewing Club.
- It’s no longer possible to crawl while in Selfie Mode.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- There are now 4 types of poison in the game: Emetic, Lethal, Sedative, and Headache.
- At lunchtime, Toga Tabara eats a bento at the school cafeteria. If you distract him with a giggle, he will put his bento down and investigate the giggle. When he’s not looking at his bento, you can put any of the 4 types of poison into it.
- If Toga consumes emetic poison, he will go the bathroom and vomit. His appetite will be gone, so he will return to class early.
- If Toga consumes lethal poison, he will die.
- If Toga consumes a sedative, he will become drowsy and go to the infirmary to nap. He’ll return to normal once it’s time to return to class.
- The “Headache” poison is for an upcoming feature. It currently serves no purpose whatsoever, but it’s going to be an important core gameplay mechanic in the near future
- A student who needs to vomit will now travel to the *nearest* toilet, instead of traveling to one specific toilet every time.
- If a student sees you poisoning their food, you will lose reputation, and they will refuse to eat the food.
- Students will no longer ignore murder or corpses if they are eating emetically-poisoned food.
- If a student sees you poisoning somebody else’s food, you will lose reputation.
- Students will now react to the sight of a student who is dying from poison.
- It’s now possible to drown a student who is vomitting into a toilet.
- Vomitting students will now make vomitting sound effects.
- Horuda now eats lunch in the school cafeteria, facing Toga. This is to give players a good location for testing how students react to seeing someone die from poison, testing a student’s reaction to murder during a poison animation, etc.
- If you put a headache-inducing substance into a student’s bento, that student will visit the nurse and ask for medicine to numb the pain. This will cause the nurse to visit the medicine cabinet and retrieve some pills for the student. The student will eat the pills and then spend time resting on the couch in the infirmary until their headache goes away.
- The tranquilizer that is used to kidnap students is now inside of the infirmary’s medicine cabinet. The only way to obtain the tranquilizer is to give a student a headache so that they go to the nurse and make the nurse open the medicine cabinet.
- Drinking fountains have been added to the school, and it is possible for Yandere-chan to use the water from these fountains to wash the blood off of weapons.
- Yandere-chan can now find a large, heavy pipe wrench in one of the school’s storage rooms. This wrench can be used as a murder weapon, but can also be used to sabotage the pipes underneath drinking fountains, which creates water puddles.
- Yandere-chan can now find a power strip in the A/V Room. This power strip can be plugged into any wall sockets that you might find. After plugging a power strip into a wall socket, Yandere-chan can use a screwdriver to expose the wiring of the power strip.
- If Yandere-chan flips a switch that activates a wall socket while a sabotaged power strip is in a puddle of water, the puddle will become electrified and will electrocute anyone who stands in it.
- There is now a new vending machine in school that allows Yandere-chan to purchase a bag of chips. Yandere-chan can offer the chips to any student in school. After eating the chips, the student will become thirsty, and will go to the nearest drinking fountain to drink water.
- Most Students’ lunchtime routines have been adjusted. They now sit and eat lunch together. (In the future, I may decide to change the locations where they eat food.)
- From now on, whenever the player attempts to attend class during circumstances when it’s not possible to do so (because the player is holding a bloody weapon or something like that) a notification will appear onscreen to inform the player of the reason why they currently cannot attend class.
- Updated the layout of the infirmary; it needed more beds, because now it’s possible for numerous students to be resting in the infirmary simultaneously.
- Students now turn and look towards Yandere-chan if they hear her footsteps during Low School Atmosphere.
- Changed Kyuji/Toga’s reaction to a camera being aimed at their face.
- Added new idle/walk animations for Toga.
- Added 1 new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new track to Mission Mode.
- With the Easter Egg menu open, press the F1 key to enable rain. Open the easter egg menu a second time and press F1 again to put a raincoat on Yandere-chan. This is purely for fun, and is not intended to become an aspect of gameplay.
- On a completely unrelated note, you can open the Easter Egg menu and press F2 to see an experiment that was inspired by the work of LuigiSake!
- Students in Yandere-chan’s class will now get out of their seats one by one instead of all standing up simultaneously.
- The school’s sliding gate now makes sound effects as it opens / closes.
- Adjusted Gaming Club lunchtime seating positions.
- Added props to the Sewing Room.
- Fixed problems with the F2 easter egg. Now it will have the atmosphere that I intended for it to have. There is no objective – yet – but there is something roaming around that may spook you…
- Added a sound effect when loosening a pipe with a wrench.
- The player can now frame anyone for murder, not just Kokona during her cooking event. The process is described below:
- Obtain a roll of masking tape in the Art Club.
- Find a cardboard box in the Incinerator area, and use the masking tape to tape the cardboard box shut.
- Wear gloves to avoid getting your fingerprints onto a murder weapon.
- Stab a box cutter into the taped cardboard box.
- Present the stabbed box to a student and ask for help getting the box cutter out. The student will agree, and put their fingerprints onto the box cutter.
- Yandere-chan can now leave a note in anyone’s locker, not just Kokona’s locker. This means she can direct anyone to the school rooftop, a fountain where they can be drowned, or an area where an object can be dropped on their head. The process is described below:
- Find a piece of paper pinned to one of the columns in the locker area, and interact with it.
- A screen will appear, displaying all of the students that Yandere-chan has information on. Select a student, an arrow will appear above that student’s locker. This allows you to leave a note at that student’s locker.
- In order for a student to take a note seriously, the note must relate to that student’s interests. (The student’s Persona is the biggest clue.)
- Student lockers have been re-designed, but the “interact with lockers” animations have not been updated yet. The animations will, hopefully, be updated in the near future.
- The “bucket of water above door” trap can now be used on any student, not just Kokona. As a result, now any student can now be drenched in liquid – water, blood, or gasoline.
- If you would like to ignite a student who has been doused in gasoline, you now have another option besides flicking a match at them; you can now obtain a candle and place it on the ground. If a student steps on a candle while doused in gasoline, they will burst into flames!
- If a student is doused with liquid, they become paranoid and become wary of traps. If you try to make a paranoid student pass through a door that has a bucket of water above it, they will dodge out of the way of the bucket when it falls. As a result, you cannot douse a student with liquid twice in one day.
- Yandere-chan can no longer trip while carrying a bucket.
- Many people suggested that the player could learn about gameplay mechanics from watching anime or reading manga inside of Yandere-chan’s room. It sounds like a fun idea, so I’ve decided to test it out; you can now find a new feature in Yandere-chan’s room. What you can currently find in-game is a rough prototype of the concept, and it will most likely be improved upon in the future.
- All students’ Cleaning Time routines have been re-designed; there are no longer any bugs where a male student cleans toilets in the girls’ bathroom, or bugs where a character spins in circles at the school gate during cleaning time.
- I recently had an epiphany regarding something that could potentially improve the framerate a lot. Please tell me if you see a noticeable difference in the framerate between the previous build and this new build!
- I’ve updated the 3D models for the glasses that the player can put on Senpai at the Senpai Customization screen.
- If you open the debug menu and press the F8 key, you can…”censor”…all of the blood in the game.
- Added a new weapon to the game, found in the Light Music Club room. The current SFX are temporary.
- It is now possible to dump a bucket of liquid or weights off the school roof onto a student who is standing directly behind the school.
- If anyone witnesses you touch a gasoline-doused student with a candle, they will recognize that you are committing murder and react according to their Persona.
- Expanded the size of the candle flame’s collider so that it’s less likely for a gasoline-doused student to slip right past it without catching on fire.
- Made adjustments to Yandere-chan’s character collider in an attempt to reduce chances of Yandere-chan getting stuck while walking up stairs.
- From now on, if Yandere-chan gets too close to a student who is on fire, she will back away in pain.
- Bullies will now react positively to a note in their locker mentioning “juicy gossip”.
- A student who is soaking wet will no longer shove Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos in the End-of-Day Results sequence.
- Changed the Occult Club’s daily routine. Now, instead of spending all day inside of their clubroom, they walk around school and attempt to research “The Seven Mysteries of Akademi High” – a series of urban legends that are associated with the school. Currently, you can only see them research 5 of the 7 mysteries.
- Added some new props to the school – a painting, some mirrors, a basketball, a piano, and an anatomical figure. These are connected to “The Seven Mysteries”. The 7 mysteries will play a larger role during Oka Ruto’s week at school.
- Adjusted pathfinding grid so that students might be more likely to walk down the center of a hallway instead of sticking to the walls.
- Male Sports Club members’ bodies now have varying degrees of musculature (thanks to help from EpicMealDev).
- It is no longer possible to put a bloody box cutter into a cardboard box.
- Changed the Martial Arts Club’s daily routine; They now walk around school and practice martial arts in different locations. This increases the chance that they will become witnesses to your crimes.
- Adjusted the hedges in the center plaza so that it’s no longer possible for Yandere-chan to become trapped between a closed door and a hedge.
- Slight adjustment to the “leave a note in a student’s locker” feature; adjusting which subjects are interesting to which students.
- Adjusted the two mirrors at the top of the northeast staircase so that they are no longer rendering the game’s skybox.
- Added another Japanese garden to the school; this one is nearby the outdoor cafeteria area.
- Made a tiny tweak to Akademi High’s exterior.
- When Yandere-chan dumps liquid or weights off the roof and presses the “Q” key (or “B” on Xbox controller), the player will see a little picture-in-picture camera view of the liquid/weights falling and hitting the ground (or its target).
- Updated the Martial Arts Club’s hair colors and eye colors, since their old colors always bothered me a little.
- Updated the texture for the painting in the Art Room (separate from the Art Club).
- Fixed typo that caused headache poison to be labeled as “Emetic Poison”.
- Lowered the file size of some textures that were too big.
- When using a candle to kill a student, witnesses will now acknowledge *which* student you were killing; this means that a student’s loved one will react to the murder by attempting to apprehend you.
- From now on, students will refuse to help you take a box cutter out of a box if you’re splattered with blood while making the request.
- From now on, the Student Council will evade bucket traps, since they are too perceptive to fall for such tricks.
- From now on, when you destroy a weapon using the incinerator, it won’t re-appear at school on subsequent days.
- It is now possible to drown a student who is cleaning a toilet bowl.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- If a student finds a pool of blood, they will walk over to it and investigate it. After confirming that they have discovered blood, the student will run and tell a teacher. The student and teacher will run to the location where the blood was spotted. If the teacher doesn’t find blood (because the player has cleaned it up), she will assume she is being pranked, and return to the faculty room. If the teacher does find blood, she will call the police.
- If any character witnesses Yandere-chan mopping up blood, they will realize that Yandere-chan is trying to cover up the evidence of a crime, and will react according to their persona.
- If a student has lost a teacher’s trust, they won’t bother to reporting things to teachers anymore, and instead will go hide in a classroom where they feel safe.
- If a second student finds blood while another student is already reporting the blood, the second student will go wait in class while the blood is being reported.
- Everything stated above also applies to dismembered limbs and bloody weapons, as well.
- If the player picks up an object that can be used as a weapon and drops it more than 10 meters away from its initial location, that object will be considered to be suspicious and dangerous, and students will react to it upon seeing it.
- The first student to locate a suspicious/dangerous object will run and tell a teacher about it. Other students will simply ignore it and return to their daily routine.
- If a teacher finds a suspicious/dangerous object (but doesn’t find any evidence of a crime) they will pick up the object and bring it to the faculty room.
- A teacher’s fingerprints cannot be transferred onto a weapon. To make this more clear to the player, I will most likely adjust the “teacher picks up weapon” animation so that teachers use a handkerchief to pick up objects, instead of picking up objects with their bare hands.
- Removed a debug command in Yandere-chan’s room that people were triggering accidentally.
- Began to update the girls’ locker room with new models.
- Updated the textures of the bullies’ phones so that their screens aren’t blank.
- Updated shaders that weren’t being affected by changes in lighting.
- Added 1 new hairstyle and 1 new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Yamiko’s clothing in the Life Note cutscene.
- Added voice-acting to the Life Note cutscene.
- Characters will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying bloody clothing. The action is considered the same as carrying around evidence of murder (like a severed limb).
- Removed the “students react to footsteps at low school atmosphere” feature, since it was changing the intended game design significantly and creating weird exploits. The feature may eventually be re-added if I can figure out a better implementation.
- If there are bloodstains present at school when the police arrive (but no corpses) the text that displays during the End-of-Day sequence will reflect this.
- If a student reports a severed limb to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the limb.
- If a student reports a corpse to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the corpse.
- If the police arrest someone, school atmosphere will go up, since the population of the school believes that the perpetrator has been caught.
- If Yandere-chan picks up a weapon while a teacher is walking over to investigate that weapon, Yandere-chan will get in trouble.
- Removed the matchbox from Info-chan’s Drops menu, since the mechanics for setting someone on fire no longer involve matches.
- Characters will now react to the sight of bloody clothing on the ground, and will report bloody clothing to teachers.
- Yandere-chan will now wear a towel over her body when she takes off her clothing in the girls’ locker room.
- Reduced the amount of time that students are willing to pose for a photograph in Mission Mode, to nerf an exploit that allowed the player to separate a student from other students by aiming a camera at them for a long time.
- Changed the font used for the Mission Mode menu, because it had unintended side-effects when the game was running with 1/8 textures.
- When a corpse is discovered in Mission Mode, the game will now display the name of the character who discovered the corpse.
- Some weapons look suspicious and dangerous (like the Occult Club’s knife) and other weapons look like harmless everyday objects (like scissors or a screwdriver). If a student finds a dangerous-looking weapon, they will report it to a teacher. However, if a student finds a harmless-looking weapon, they will pick it up with their bare hands and put it back where it belongs.
- Students who are leading teachers to suspicious objects (or teachers who are following students to suspicious objects) will no longer be affected by liquid coming out of bucket traps. It would simply create too many new scenarios.
- Students will no longer react to bloody uniforms as if they are witnessing murder (but teachers will still assume that Yandere-chan has committed a crime if they see her carrying around a bloody uniform).
- Selecting the music note in the pause screen menu will now display an “Audio Settings” menu where the player can adjust the game’s background music, or turn it off.
- From now on, if Yandere-chan tries to take a weapon out of the faculty room’s storage box while teachers can see her, she will instantly get in trouble for it.
- Fixed a problem with the teacher’s “calling the cops” animation that would cause her arm to twitch while making the phone call.
- From now on, students who are told to “Go Away” will go to the hedge maze, rather than the school roof.
- Teachers will now use a handkerchief when picking up a weapon that has been dropped on the ground.
- The player can now find an ID card in the faculty room. If Yandere-chan carries this ID card with her while walking through a metal detector, the detector will ignore her.
- Changed the criteria that will make a student willing/unwilling to pick up an object. Students will now pick up most objects (as long as the object isn’t obviously dangerous).
- Students will no longer put misplaced objects back in their proper place if the student hasn’t even put their shoes on yet.
- A student who is carrying food will no longer pick up misplaced objects if they are in the process of handing out food.
- Students will now refuse to pick up misplaced objects if they are on their way to class.
- Added a new easter egg to the game! If you open the Easter Egg Menu, you’ll see a new addition. If an easter egg isn’t listed in the Easter Egg Menu, this means that it doesn’t have any functionality yet.
- Increased speed of Enigma Mode attack animations and also allowed the player to cancel the animations by inputting movement. Attacking in this Mode should now feel faster, more fluid, and more satisfying.
- Male characters now have male voiced lines when reacting to a note in their locker / being pushed off the roof / being splashed with liquid.
- Updated the “exchanging shoes at locker” animations so that students are no longer interacting with invisible doors.
- Updated the “finding note in locker” animations so that students are no longer interacting with invisible doors.
- Students will now refuse to pick up metal objects if metal detectors are present at school.
- Added new sound effects for the guitar weapon.
- Evolved Yandere Simultator to its permanent final form.
- Reduced the femininity of the game by 100%.
- Increased the masculinity of the game by 1000%.
- Yaku’s visor will now do a better job of reflecting his emotions (sad eyes if he lost the trust of a teacher, angry eyes if he holds a grudge against Yandere-chan, pained eyes if he eats poisoned food, etc).
- From now on, a student who has been told to distract a bully will give up if they witness the bully bullying someone.
- Cooking Club members will no longer attempt to feed characters who are already eating a snack.
- “Man Mode” is now accessible from the Easter Egg menu.
- Added a new type of mission to Mission Mode – “Multi Mission”. This allows the player to play a mission with up to 10 different targets. You can also select the exact method for killing them. I might expand on this mode in the future, depending on whether or not anyone is interested in it.
- Added a debug command to the debug menu that will obscure the screen whenever an attack animation is playing.
- The Student Council will now send you to the guidance counselor when they catch you doing something that a teacher would yell at you for. (But will still pepper spray you if they think that their life is in danger.)
- Removed Kokona’s lunchtime event, since that event only existed so that the player could test the bento-poisoning mechanic, and the bento-poisoning feature is now available for all students.
- From now on, when a student sees a suspicious object, they will only react to it once, instead of continuously reacting to it until it leaves their field of vision.
- From now on, after successfully pick-pocketing a character, a little notification will appear at the top of the screen to inform the player that they have succeeded.
- Added voice lines for the new dialogue that was given to teachers in recent updates (reacting to blood pools, bloody weapons, dismembered limbs, etc).
- It is now possible to push a student off the rooftop while they are dusting off erasers near the rooftop railing.
- Adjusted “Kill All” debug command so that it can kill student council members in addition to normal students.
- Added tutorial pop-ups. The pop-ups can be disabled with a single button push, if they’re annoying.
- Female students now wear towels in the locker room instead of stripping completely naked.
- Added a new easter egg to the Easter Egg Menu.
- When Yandere-chan stands in front of a door, a little pop-up appears at the bottom right corner of the screen, telling the player the name of the room they’re trying to enter (such as “Announcement Room”). Due to a bug, this pop-up was sometimes displaying the name of a room *above* the current room. This bug has been fixed.
- Pressing the Debug Key during Mission Mode will now open up a small debug menu that allows the user to choose whether or not they would like to censor panties/blood/weapon-based killing animations.
- When pushing the Q Key (or the B button on gamepad) while pushing someone off the roof, you will now see a picture-in-picture view of that person hitting the ground.
- If you speak to a student after putting a note in their locker, you can now see a button prompt that will cause the student to go check their locker for the note.
- Added a map to the game! Press spacebar (or “Back” on the Xbox Controller – where “Select” would be on a PS2 controller) to open it
- Tutorial pop-ups can no longer appear while the Cinematic Camera is active (this could create the impression that the game had frozen).
- During a Multi Mission, the pause screen will now communicate which students are dead and which ones are still alive.
- Added a short animation that will play whenever Yandere-chan equips or de-equips a weapon.
- Yandere-chan will no longer be bald when aiming her camera in Cinematic Camera Mode.
- Tutorial pop-ups are now automatically disabled in Mission Mode.
- Added 5 more tutorial pop-ups to the game, for a total of 15.
- If a student takes photograph of Yandere-chan committing a crime with their smartphone, and is subsequently killed by Yandere-chan, the police can still discover that Yandere-chan is a criminal by checking the student’s dropped smartphone and finding the incriminating photo. To prevent this, the player is now required to destroy the dropped smartphones of anyone who has taken a picture of Yandere-chan committing a crime. (There is no animation for it yet, but you can still break phones).
- Senpai has a strong sense of justice, and has disdain for people who commit evil behind a veil of anonymity. The sight of a masked murderer would fill Senpai with disgust and cause him to disregard his own safety and unmask the murderer at all costs. This means that if Senpai sees Yandere-chan commit murder while wearing a mask, he’ll run up and rip the mask off her face, which will cause an instant game over.
- From now on, it is only possible to put a mask on, or take a mask off, if no student can currently see you.
- The Occult Club’s leader will now spend time in the Occult Club from 5:00 PM onwards, since otherwise, it’s difficult for the player to attend the Occult Club’s daily club activity.
- Yandere-chan can now perform a kidnapping if she has a sedative purchased from Info-chan, instead of being limited to using a tranquilizer stolen from the infirmary.
- During the Occult Club’s club activity sequence, the number of characters in black robes will now reflect the current number of living Occult Club members.
- When viewing the map, you will now see some text informing you of what floor you are currently viewing (bottom floor, rooftop, etc).
- If any of the bullies are dead, then the player can’t request a task from Gema, since his task would have involved the bullies.
- If the player tries to ask a bully to distract Gema, the bully will refuse, unless Gema’s task has been completed.
- If the player attempts to lead a student into the Headmaster’s office, the student will refuse to go inside.
- Added props to the inside of Info-chan’s “Info Club” room.
- Changed the appearance of the tutorial windows to make the text more legible.
- Moved Kokona’s bag so that it’s actually at Kokona’s desk.
- Rebalanced the difficulty of the struggle minigame.
- A few years ago, a certain dude made a request. I have finally granted it. To see it, walk into the school infirmary, face the nurse, and type a certain phrase using your keyboard. It’s 8 letters long.
- If a teacher witnessed a mind-broken slave commit suicide, and then witnessed Yandere-chan do something suspicious/dangerous, she accused Yandere-chan of murder, but makes more sense for the teacher to assume that you must have *something to do with the murder*, so her dialogue has been adjusted accordingly (but no voiced line yet).
- Yandere-chan is no longer allowed to run away while being chased by a Teacher/Hero/Senpai; it created too many exploits and holes in the game design. Instead, if a character is running at Yandere-chan, she will stare down her pursuer and face them head-on.
- The act of crouch-walking or crawling around on the ground will now be considered suspicious, and will result in the same reaction as maniacal laughter or low sanity.
- If students see you covered in blood and carrying a weapon while School Atmosphere is low, they will automatically assume that you’re a murderer and react accordingly.
- Made a slight adjustment to the static that appears when the player tries to make Yandere-chan leave school before Senpai leaves.
- Updated the appearance of Yandere-chan’s Sailor Moon-inspired hair model.
- Added “Discord Rich Presence” to the game, thanks to assistance from PiranchDev! This means that, if you play Yandere Simulator while logged into Discord, your Discord status will update to “Playing Yandere Simulator” – with additional text describing exactly what you’re currently doing in-game!
- After witnessing murder, Social Butterflies will now run to the largest group of students at school, instead of always running to the plaza.
- From now on, you will see a “Red String of Fate” connecting Senpai to the current rival when Yandere Vision is active. Because there is no rival in the game right now, you will see the Red String connecting Senpai to the “Indestructible Rival” in the school plaza.
- Added short fences in the Japanese gardens to prevent the player from being able to walk on top of water.
- Yandere-chan is now allowed to equip a weapon while a pursuer is charging towards her to apprehend her.
- Students will no longer be willing to follow Yandere-chan if they are currently wearing a swimsuit.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- When Yandere-chan’s sanity is very low (less than 33.33%)…
- …she will begin to have “intrusive thoughts” – no matter how hard she tries to concentrate, she will be unable to stop thinking about killing her rival. From the player’s perspective, these thoughts will be perceived as ghostly visions of Yandere-chan performing gruesome murder animations on Osana.
- …she will lose the ability to distinguish people from one another. Because the only person she cares about is her Senpai, everyone else will start to look like a dark blur. Her fellow students will lose all color, and will to appear as black silhouettes.
- …smudges will appear around the edges of the screen.
- …she will become unable to resist her murderous urges, and will automatically attack anyone who is within range.
- …the game’s visuals will become more desaturated.
- Yandere-chan’s current level of sanity will now be represented by a semitransparent number visible over the cardiograph at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Crouch-walking or crawling in front of Senpai will no longer result in an instant game over, and instead just creep him out.
- Adjusted the pose that Yandere-chan enters as her sanity deteriorates so that it's less stiff
- Minor aesthetic changes to various characters (like changing the color of Midori’s socks to make them match her hair).
- The player is no longer allowed to place a bucket trap on the Headmaster’s door, because it could lead to several bugs.
- Adjusted the expression that appears on Yandere-chan’s face as her sanity deteriorates.
- Replaced Horuda’s hair model with a superior one with no bald spot.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg
- Because Yandere-chan now wears a towel inside of the locker room, the “Nude” button prompt has been updated to say “Towel” instead.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Restored “Look at a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity” feature.
- The “Censor Attack Animations” command now works with the attack animation that occurs at the end of the Struggle minigame.
- Fixed exploit that allowed the player to attack the Student Council during times when they shouldn’t be vulnerable.
- Teachers and the nurse no longer use the “default” face and have slightly different faces than students.
- When using a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity, the player will hear Yandere-chan release a happy sigh.
- Yandere-chan’s involuntary giggles are now different from her intentional giggles.
- Tweaked the appearance of the skybox slightly.
- Updated “broken smartphone” model.
- Made very minor aesthetic changes to some characters; for example, teaches no longer have blue eyelashes.
- Bullies will no longer have the incorrect skin color when they are wearing a towel or a gym uniform.
- Bullies will no longer wear their accessories when wearing a towel inside the locker room.
- From now on, the End-of-Day sequence will include a new segment: eyewitnesses who saw Yandere-chan commit murder will report her to the police. If at least 5 students accuse Yandere-chan of murder, she will be arrested. If less than 5 students accuse her, the police will not have enough justification to arrest her. (Cowardly students will not report the player to the police.)
- Accessories that were programmed to change color when the player pressed the spacebar will now change color when the player presses the Left Alt key instead.
- Fixed baseball bat animations that would cause students to pop up into the air and flail around after being killed.
- Attempted to fix exploit that would allow the player to kill Nemesis from extreme distances.
- Minor aesthetic changes (some male characters were using female face textures).
- Added cool post-processing effects to the Mission Mode menu.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg.
- Delinquents and Spiteful students will no longer offer eyewitness reports to the police.
- The player now has a “Cyberstalk” option at their PC at night-time. You can cyber-stalk a student to instantly learn all of their likes/dislikes. To view them, go to their profile and press the R key (or the Y button on controller) to see a grid depicting all of their interests. This is intended to be used as a “cheat sheet” to make the match-making feature easier. It will also be helpful if I eventually re-design the conversation system so that, to gain favor from a student, you need to say positive things about what they like, and say negative things about what they dislike, in order to gain favor with them.
- Finally implemented an intro animation for the game. Senpai’s appearance and the school uniforms are dependent on the player's choices in the Senpai Creation screen.
- When starting a new game, the player will now see a “Message from the Developer” screen after Yandere-chan’s conversation with Info-chan. The purpose of this screen is to clarify something that confuses a lot of newcomers.
- Thanks to advice from a friendly Unity developer, you should now notice improvements to the game’s framerate when looking towards the front of the school at the beginning of the day.
- Updated the Falcon Mode textures and models so that the character is a parody, rather than an exact replica of a per-existing character.
- Updated the Berserk easter egg music with an original track instead of a royalty-free track from the Internet.
- Yandere-chan will now scoot close to a bento when poisoning it, instead of poisoning it from a meter away.
- Students will no longer accuse Ayano of murder if Ayano was wearing a mask at the time of the murder.
- Updated some face textures (some male students were using female face textures).
- Added an animation that will play when Yandere-chan crushes a smartphone.
- Updated the Debunk page with 5 new debunks at the bottom of the list.
- While implementing some of the events that occur between Osana and the “Mysterious Obstacle”, I discovered that there simply wasn’t enough time in the day for all of Osana’s events to take place. To provide Osana with a longer span of time for her events to take place in, I’ve slowed down the game’s clock; the span of a minute in Yandere Simulator is now approximately 1.5x longer than it was before.
- Updated some characters’ likes and dislikes to be more consistent with what I’ve said about them in the past.
- Re-balanced the price of purchasing a sedative from Info-chan.
- Replaced music that plays during Shipgirl easter egg.
- Fixed problem with Ryuto’s hair texture that made a weird seam appear at the back of his head.
- Removed a column which was placed in a hallway as a test.
- Restored a character who had been disabled.
- The “Bullying” topic has been restored to the list of topics that the player can write about when leaving a note in a locker.
- Fixed bug that caused female Titans to spawn with towels and male Titans to spawn without face textures.
- Minor cosmetic changes to some characters’ face textures.
- Updated portraits for all characters.
- Re-positioned some of the props in the Science Club, and added one new prop to the Science Club.
- The radio will now emit music notes when music is playing.
- Yandere-chan can now access a part-time job from her room – working at a maid cafe!
- Yandere-chan can use the maid minigame to earn money. The player’s current amount of money will be displayed at the top-right corner of the game, beneath the clock.
- It is now possible to use Yandere-chan’s home computer to access an online store. Currently, only one item is sold through this store, but more items will become available in the future.
- From now on, you will have to pay $1.00 to obtain a drink or a snack from the the vending machines at school.
- In the version of the game that contains Osana, debug commands (such as “instantly befriend all students”) will not be available. Thus, when I put Osana into the game, it must be possible to befriend all students through normal gameplay, without use of debug commands. In order to befriend a student, the player must do a “Task” for them. However, implementing a “Task” for every student would be extremely time-consuming, and would delay Osana. So, instead of implementing a unique Task for every student, I have decided to implement one generic Task that applies to every student in the game. In the final game, all students will have a unique Task, but for now, most students will simply use this generic placeholder Task.
- Members of the Cooking Club will no longer attempt to give food to any student who is currently waiting to meet someone else as a result of a note in their locker.
- One of Yandere Simulator’s old post-processing effects, “Ambient Occlusion”, has been re-enabled. If you dislike it, you can disable it from the Settings menu.
- Until now, the shower buildings were using placeholder exteriors. As of now, the shower buildings have finally been updated with better exteriors.
- Removed the white cube that was floating in the Light Music Club.
- Fixed props in Science Club that were floating in midair.
- The player is no longer able to receive a Placeholder Task from a delinquent or Gema.
- The text “(PLACEHOLDER TASK – WILL BE REPLACED AFTER DEMO)” will now appear during a Placeholder Task.
- Minor changes to the UI of the online store.
- Minor fixes to paintings in the Art Club.
- Updated sponsors screen.
- It is no longer possible to collide with the cardboard box in the meme closet, because it could be exploited in various ways.
- The Science Club’s blood-cleaning robot now moves 4x faster and can travel up stairs.
- Each of the delinquents now has a task; this means that it is now possible to befriend all of the delinquents.
- Normal students will do favors for you after you befriend them. However, delinquents function differently; they won’t do favors for you, even if you befriend them. Instead, befriending a delinquent offers different benefits.
- If you befriend a delinquent, they will no longer shove you when you get close, or become alarmed when they see you with a weapon. However, the true benefit of befriending the delinquents is something else entirely:
- If you befriend all delinquents, dye your hair blonde, lower your reputation below -33%, and use the “Tough” persona, you will be able to speak to Umeji (the delinquent in the yellow shirt) about joining their gang.
- If you join the delinquents, your reputation will never be able to rise higher than -33%, but you will gain a new command, “Intimidate”, which forces students to do favors for you without needing to befriend them first.
- It is now possible to purchase blonde hair dye from the online store accessed in your home.
- When wearing a delinquent mask, press the Left Alt key to change the texture on the mask.
- Replaced the “teacher counters attack” animation with a new one. The original animation was weird, it looked like something an anime villain would do.
- Balanced maid minigame payouts so that it’s possible to achieve $100 on easy mode with perfect gameplay, and $200 on hard mode with perfect gameplay.
- Updated music, credits, and menu background artwork for maid minigame.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg to the game. When you activate this easter egg, there will be new functionality on the X button, Y button, and RB button. (On keyboard, it’s the F key, R key, and left ctrl key.)
- Updated the “Berserker Mode” easter egg. The Drakeslayer weapon now has unique attack animations when pressing the X or Y buttons (F key or R key).
- Changed the drama club’s silk gloves from white to black, because it looks cooler and matches Yandere-chan’s color scheme.
- Fixed the glitchy physics of Yandere-chan’s latest hairstyle.
- Removed exploit that allowed players to keep a character stationary indefinitely by talking to a student about their Task and never dismissing the Task Window.
- Adjusted the pathfinding grid so that it should be less likely for a student’s path to the male locker room to be blocked.
- Added voice lines for the “Generic Placeholder” task. (Female only.)
- Turned down the volume of the delinquent leader’s voiced lines, since they were distorted.
- Changed the animation that Yandere-chan performs when she uses the Intimidate option.
- Finally finished implementing the “Tasks” screen accessed from the pause menu.
- Adjusted subtitles for students reacting to certain types of weapons.
- Added a new easter egg – “Witch Mode”. Press RB (left ctrl) to activate her power, and then press X (the F key) to activate her secondary power.
- Moved the delinquents to different classrooms (they are 2nd-years and 3rd-years, so they can’t occupy 1st-year classrooms). Horuda and Kuu Dere have been moved to 1st-year classrooms.
- If Yandere-chan talks to a student while standing extremely close to them, she will now back up to a more reasonable distance.
- The “Learned Topic” and “Learned Opinion” messages will now specify exactly what topic/opinion was learned.
- The text on the welcome mat in front of the boys’ locker room is no longer reversed.
- Doors will no longer shove Yandere-chan when they are opening/closing.
- Added sound effects and voices to the maid minigame.
- In a student’s profile, you can see a list of their likes/dislikes. Most social butterflies dislike the topic of “Gossip”, but were responding positively if the player left a note in their locker about the subject of “Juicy Gossip”. To fix this contradiction, I have removed the “Juicy Gossip” option and replaced it with something else that social butterflies would respond positively to.
- Students will now become suspicious of you at 2x the speed that they previously would.
- Teachers will no longer scold you for being late to class if they are not present in the classroom.
- Restored “Near Mode” to the easter egg menu after accidentally removing it in the last build.
- Prevented Osana/Raibaru’s hair from being accessed through Pose Mode.
- Used one of Unity’s compression options to lower the file size of the build. This is a test-drive to see if it negatively impacts the build.
- It is no longer possible to commit murder if there is no spare clothing available at school (it would lead to a situation where the player is stuck in a towel in the locker room and has no way of obtaining any more clean clothing). There is a tutorial pop-up explaining this if the player attempts to attack someone without any spare clothing at school.
- People reported that the game was crashing when they attempted to load into the school environment. This may have been due to the new compression I was testing out, so I’ve disabled it.
- Added a wooden platform behind the legendary cherry tree. (This is to allow a place for potential witnesses to stand.)
- Re-designed some aspects of the the plaza area. (This is to facilitate that option of stealth gameplay during Osana’s week.)
- Replaced Musume Ronshaku’s old task with a new one (her old task was too similar to one of the delinquent tasks).
- Adjusted student likes/dislikes (Every student needs at least 5 likes and 5 dislikes for gameplay purposes).
- Added a little visual effect that appears when Yandere-chan giggles.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Updated two student portraits.
- The game will now remember your preferences when resetting the day / resetting the week.
- It’s no longer possible to speak to a student who is investigating a weapon/blood pool/limb on the ground.
- Cooking Club students should no longer attempt to give food to a student who has walked out of school.
- The “Invert Y Axis” setting will now also invert the Y axis when aiming the camera in first-person mode.
- Updated teachers’ clothing textures and adjusted their models slightly.
- For gameplay reasons, expanded the size of students’ vision cones.
- Updated the text in Horuda Puresu’s profile.
- Students with unique walk animations where they put their hands near their faces (like Beruma and Toga) will no longer use those animations while carrying cleaning items (because the cleaning items would clip into their faces).
- Yandere-chan will no longer be considered suspicious when carrying a guitar if she is in the Light Music club.
- Students now have reactions to seeing Yandere-chan carry a fire extinguisher, pipe wrench, or guitar.
- Fixed a prop that was floating in midair in the Photography Club.
- Using the debug turtle to clean clothing will no longer result in a scenario where the game believes that there is no clean clothing present at school.
- Added teeth to Yandere-chan’s smile on the title screen.
- Reduced the volume of the woodchipper and radio.
- Yandere-chan now has a different line for complimenting male students.
- Fixed some inaccurate subtitles for certain students’ Tasks.
- Added warning message to the debug turtle menu.
- Added a new easter egg.
- When playing with a controller, it will now rumble in certain situations. (Currently, the controller will only rumble during attack animations, when you alarm a student, when the counselor slams her desk, during the game over sequence, and during a few key moments in the intro animation.)
- The player now has the option of going into the Settings menu and enabling “Toggle” for running. This means that in order to run, you only have to tap the Shift key once, instead of permanently holding down the Shift key.
- Changed the nature of the cello case so that it can no longer be used for weird exploits (like blocking students’ paths, or climbing on top of it). As a result, it is possible to clip into the cello case, but this is necessary to fix exploits.
- Added a new feature to the mech easter egg. Press the “X” button (or “F” key) to power up the mech’s weapons. This will cause your attacks to destroy parts of the environment.
- Phone addicts will no longer use their smartphones while walking through the girls’ locker room wearing a towel.
- Adjusted bathroom stalls that were clipping into walls in the girls’ locker room.
- Yandere-chan’s ears will no longer become dark when she loses her sanity.
- Added collision to some objects that previously lacked collision.
- Adjusted the texture for Yandere-chan’s “lost sanity” eyes.
- Fixed some typos.
- A stealth attack will now cause a small amount of noise, enough to alert anyone who is extremely close by (within 2 meters). As a result, it is no longer possible to easily kill an entire group of students when they are walking in a “conga line”. (Eventually, I will probably adjust student pathfinding so that they are never forming “conga lines” in the first place…)
- The game now acknowledges the mech in the science club as an easter egg, meaning that the game will start using “easter egg logic” once Yandere-chan gets into the mech (for example, while the mech is active, the police won’t arrive at school before 6:00 PM, so that your time in the mech isn’t cut short).
- The little box that displays the name of a room behind a door is now displaying the proper text when Yandere-chan approaches a toilet stall.
- If the police arrive at school after the player has activated an easter egg, you will now see a special outcome.
- Delinquents will now refuse to go check their locker for a note unless you have befriended them first.
- The low-sanity murder hallucinations now carry weapons, and are no longer misaligned.
- The player is now able to adjust the game’s settings while in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Replaced the “pushing male student off roof” voice clip with a much better one.
- The headmaster can no longer taze you if an easter egg is active.
- Moved some props that were clipping into walls.
- It is now impossible for Yandere-chan to dismember a corpse if there are no clean uniforms present at school (because this would create a situation where the player is bloody and cannot possibly switch into a clean uniform.)
- It is now possible for Yandere-chan to stealth attack a student with a bat or a weight, even if there are no clean uniforms present at school, since the act of doing so would not stain her clothing.
- The controller will now vibrate in sync with Yandere-chan’s heartbeat when she is near Senpai.
- When spying on Gema, the bullies will no longer fuse into one entity while in their “waiting” pose (they will stand slightly apart from one another).
- Fixed some typos.
- Adjusted Info-chan’s prices.
- It is now possible to purchase a Fake ID from Info-chan’s “Drops” menu. It currently lacks functionality, but may have a purpose in the future.
- The “stop time” debug command (pause key when the debug menu is open) will now prevent the police timer from counting down.
- Adjusted the texture that appears on Yandere-chan’s eyes when she is using Yandere Vision.
- Added a new Headmaster cassette tape!
- It is now possible to exit Yandere-chan’s room at nighttime and visit a street.
- It is possible to interact with each store, but it is not possible to buy anything yet. The items listed for sale are placeholders.
- I only have one shopkeeper portrait right now, but in the future, each store will have a unique shopkeeper.
- Reduced the blur effect in the street scene.
- The coin-operated binoculars in the street scene no longer have controls that are inverted from normal gameplay controls.
- There is now an “Are you sure?” prompt that appears before the player goes to the Maid Cafe menu.
- Adjusted placement of text prompts in the street scene to prevent clipping issues.
- Mei Mio has her glasses again.
- Limited the player’s ability to speed up or slow down time in the street scene.
- Adjusted the post-processing effects in the street scene.
- Removed smudge from convenience store clerk artwork.
- It is no longer possible to be shoved by a delinquent who is currently reacting to being poisoned with any type of poison.
- Cans of gasoline now contain infinite gasoline.
- It is no longer possible to send a sunbathing student to distract someone, or to send someone to distract a sunbathing student.
- From now on, Kokona will no longer be seen doing enjo kosai if she is dead or if her father has been freed from debt.
- It is no longer possible to activate the Flame Demon easter egg during Mission Mode.
- Increased the quality of the bookshelves in the Cooking Club.
- Mei, Yuna, and Koharu now have smiles on their faces.
- Manga books have been removed from the school grounds (except the Life Note books in the Photography club).
- One store in the street now has functionality – the manga store. It is now possible to purchase manga from this store.
- Five of the manga books available in the store are 18+. To purchase them, you will need to purchase a Fake ID from Info-chan.
- The shopkeeper’s speech bubble has dialogue for various circumstances (such as when Yandere-chan attempts to purchase adults-only manga without valid ID, or attempts to purchase an item without enough money to afford it).
- I adjusted the properties of one of the trash cans to make it impossible for that trash can to be used to block a student’s path. The second trash can’s properties have now been adjusted, as well.
- It is no longer possible for a student in a swimsuit to be splashed with liquid; they’ll always dodge it.
- Fixed problems with Yui and Mei’s models that caused their arms to clip through their sleeves.
- The coin-operated binoculars on the street are now less sensitive depending on how far the player has zoomed in.
- It should now be impossible for the player to block a character who is attempting to pass through the doorways inside of a locker room building.
- It should no longer be possible to trap characters walking past the electronics store by pinning them in a corner.
- Characters walking around on the street will now walk around you if you try to block their path.
- If Saki witnesses you murder Kokona, she will develop the strength of Budo and attempt to apprehend you. (Same goes for Kokona witnessing you murder Saki.)
- A student will no longer rotate towards an incorrect angle if distracted by Yandere-chan while returning an object to its original location.
- A student will no longer get stuck in the incorrect state if distracted by Yandere-chan while picking up a dropped item on the ground.
- It should no longer be possible for the player to block a civilian walking down the street from reaching their destination.
- It should now be impossible for the player to block the entrance-way to the girls’ locker room.
- A student will now only be bullied if their reputation is less than negative 33.
- The manga store clerk now has artwork and new dialogue.
- There is no longer an invisible wall in front of the electronics store.
- Made an addition to the Gaming Club.