- Added another background track to the school scene (with 9 variations, one for each combination of atmosphere and sanity), made by Ferret Entertainment! The school scene now has 8 tracks in total. During school gameplay, you can skip to the next track by tapping the “M” key twice.
- Removed Study-kun A and Study-kun B. Their purpose was to allow the player to deduce what Kokona was attracted to (slick hair, intelligence) but now that the school has other male students with those traits, the Study-kuns are no longer necessary.
- Added two new background music tracks to Mission Mode (there are now 8 tracks in total). You can change the music that plays in Mission Mode by opening the pause screen and selecting the music icon during Mission Mode gameplay.
- Upgraded the music being played by the Light Music Club when they practice around 5:00 PM. The new track was provided by David Area Williams of DIAVImusic
- From now on, whenever the police identify a student’s corpse, the following day will begin with a memorial service for the deceased student.
- From now on, if Kokona is in a relationship with Riku, she will no longer turn her head and check out other guys she finds attractive.
- Adjusted glasses on Senpai’s face in the Senpai creation screen so that the glasses aren’t clipping into his head in a weird way.
- The lock of Senpai’s hair in Yandere-chan’s Senpai Shrine will now be the same color as the hair that Senpai actually has.
- Moved the kidnapping case to the gym instead of the storage closet.
- The Save/Load feature will now remember what doors were opened/closed at the time that the game was saved.
- Adjusted the dates on the Calendar scene so that the game now takes place in 2020 instead of 2019.
- Teachers now have different hair colors, instead of all being brown-haired.
- From now on, whenever Yandere-chan’s Physical Education Stat increases during gameplay, all corpses at school will automatically update to have the “Carry” button prompt appear.
- The Drama Club can no longer be seen rehearsing their play on the gym stage if a memorial service was held there earlier in the day.
- From now on, Yandere-chan will be wearing indoor shoes after exiting a memorial service.
- Adjusted teacher hair color / eye color again.
- Senpai can no longer be killed by Ebola.
- The “chase camera” that appears when a student is running away after taking a photograph will now have appropriate desaturization, depending on current School Atmosphere.
- Yandere-chan will now begin Mission Mode with a single stat point in all of her stats.
- When aiming Yandere-chan’s camera, you can now switch to a “selfie” camera angle. The selfie angle allows you to be more discreet when taking a photo, because bystanders will assume that you’re taking a photo of yourself, rather than their face or their panties. In the selfie angle, your goal is to take a photograph of something to the side of Yandere-chan, rather than directly in the center of the screen. You can press a button to activate a little guide that shows you where your target should be located on the screen.
- It is now possible to open/close the school gate by pressing a button near the spot where the gym teacher stands in the morning. You cannot press the button if the gym teacher is nearby.
- Added a Japanese-style garden area nearby the incinerator area. It’s an experiment, and I might decide to resize it / redesign it / move it elsewhere in the future.
- When pushing/pulling the dumpster, it is now possible to use the arrow keys in addition to the WASD keys or control stick.
- Dumbbells now have unique combat animations, instead of re-using the baseball bat animation set.
- From now on, whenever Yandere-chan performs a Task for a student, her reputation will increase.
- Added new attack animations for the dumbbells. (Current sound effects are placeholders.)
- Adjusted the appearance of the cafeteria area.
- Yandere-chan can now pick up fire extinguishers and use them as weapons.
- Added “Now Loading” text when reloading a mission in Mission Mode.
- Added a couple of new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added 4 new characters to the game! All of them are male students who are not members of any club.
- One of the new characters has a task. If you complete his task, he will provide you with one spare uniform per day.
- One of the new characters trips and falls at the entrance of the school. When he falls, his head lands right where the school gate is. If you time it properly, you can squash his head by pushing the button that closes the gate right before he trips and falls.
- It’s no longer possible to make a student distract another student who has not yet arrived at school (or leaving school).
- Added some new props to the Sewing Club.
- It’s no longer possible to crawl while in Selfie Mode.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- There are now 4 types of poison in the game: Emetic, Lethal, Sedative, and Headache.
- At lunchtime, Toga Tabara eats a bento at the school cafeteria. If you distract him with a giggle, he will put his bento down and investigate the giggle. When he’s not looking at his bento, you can put any of the 4 types of poison into it.
- If Toga consumes emetic poison, he will go the bathroom and vomit. His appetite will be gone, so he will return to class early.
- If Toga consumes lethal poison, he will die.
- If Toga consumes a sedative, he will become drowsy and go to the infirmary to nap. He’ll return to normal once it’s time to return to class.
- The “Headache” poison is for an upcoming feature. It currently serves no purpose whatsoever, but it’s going to be an important core gameplay mechanic in the near future
- A student who needs to vomit will now travel to the *nearest* toilet, instead of traveling to one specific toilet every time.
- If a student sees you poisoning their food, you will lose reputation, and they will refuse to eat the food.
- Students will no longer ignore murder or corpses if they are eating emetically-poisoned food.
- If a student sees you poisoning somebody else’s food, you will lose reputation.
- Students will now react to the sight of a student who is dying from poison.
- It’s now possible to drown a student who is vomitting into a toilet.
- Vomitting students will now make vomitting sound effects.
- Horuda now eats lunch in the school cafeteria, facing Toga. This is to give players a good location for testing how students react to seeing someone die from poison, testing a student’s reaction to murder during a poison animation, etc.
- If you put a headache-inducing substance into a student’s bento, that student will visit the nurse and ask for medicine to numb the pain. This will cause the nurse to visit the medicine cabinet and retrieve some pills for the student. The student will eat the pills and then spend time resting on the couch in the infirmary until their headache goes away.
- The tranquilizer that is used to kidnap students is now inside of the infirmary’s medicine cabinet. The only way to obtain the tranquilizer is to give a student a headache so that they go to the nurse and make the nurse open the medicine cabinet.
- Drinking fountains have been added to the school, and it is possible for Yandere-chan to use the water from these fountains to wash the blood off of weapons.
- Yandere-chan can now find a large, heavy pipe wrench in one of the school’s storage rooms. This wrench can be used as a murder weapon, but can also be used to sabotage the pipes underneath drinking fountains, which creates water puddles.
- Yandere-chan can now find a power strip in the A/V Room. This power strip can be plugged into any wall sockets that you might find. After plugging a power strip into a wall socket, Yandere-chan can use a screwdriver to expose the wiring of the power strip.
- If Yandere-chan flips a switch that activates a wall socket while a sabotaged power strip is in a puddle of water, the puddle will become electrified and will electrocute anyone who stands in it.
- There is now a new vending machine in school that allows Yandere-chan to purchase a bag of chips. Yandere-chan can offer the chips to any student in school. After eating the chips, the student will become thirsty, and will go to the nearest drinking fountain to drink water.
- Most Students’ lunchtime routines have been adjusted. They now sit and eat lunch together. (In the future, I may decide to change the locations where they eat food.)
- From now on, whenever the player attempts to attend class during circumstances when it’s not possible to do so (because the player is holding a bloody weapon or something like that) a notification will appear onscreen to inform the player of the reason why they currently cannot attend class.
- Updated the layout of the infirmary; it needed more beds, because now it’s possible for numerous students to be resting in the infirmary simultaneously.
- Students now turn and look towards Yandere-chan if they hear her footsteps during Low School Atmosphere.
- Changed Kyuji/Toga’s reaction to a camera being aimed at their face.
- Added new idle/walk animations for Toga.
- Added 1 new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new track to Mission Mode.
- With the Easter Egg menu open, press the F1 key to enable rain. Open the easter egg menu a second time and press F1 again to put a raincoat on Yandere-chan. This is purely for fun, and is not intended to become an aspect of gameplay.
- On a completely unrelated note, you can open the Easter Egg menu and press F2 to see an experiment that was inspired by the work of LuigiSake!
- Students in Yandere-chan’s class will now get out of their seats one by one instead of all standing up simultaneously.
- The school’s sliding gate now makes sound effects as it opens / closes.
- Adjusted Gaming Club lunchtime seating positions.
- Added props to the Sewing Room.
- Fixed problems with the F2 easter egg. Now it will have the atmosphere that I intended for it to have. There is no objective – yet – but there is something roaming around that may spook you…
- Added a sound effect when loosening a pipe with a wrench.
- The player can now frame anyone for murder, not just Kokona during her cooking event. The process is described below:
- Obtain a roll of masking tape in the Art Club.
- Find a cardboard box in the Incinerator area, and use the masking tape to tape the cardboard box shut.
- Wear gloves to avoid getting your fingerprints onto a murder weapon.
- Stab a box cutter into the taped cardboard box.
- Present the stabbed box to a student and ask for help getting the box cutter out. The student will agree, and put their fingerprints onto the box cutter.
- Yandere-chan can now leave a note in anyone’s locker, not just Kokona’s locker. This means she can direct anyone to the school rooftop, a fountain where they can be drowned, or an area where an object can be dropped on their head. The process is described below:
- Find a piece of paper pinned to one of the columns in the locker area, and interact with it.
- A screen will appear, displaying all of the students that Yandere-chan has information on. Select a student, an arrow will appear above that student’s locker. This allows you to leave a note at that student’s locker.
- In order for a student to take a note seriously, the note must relate to that student’s interests. (The student’s Persona is the biggest clue.)
- Student lockers have been re-designed, but the “interact with lockers” animations have not been updated yet. The animations will, hopefully, be updated in the near future.
- The “bucket of water above door” trap can now be used on any student, not just Kokona. As a result, now any student can now be drenched in liquid – water, blood, or gasoline.
- If you would like to ignite a student who has been doused in gasoline, you now have another option besides flicking a match at them; you can now obtain a candle and place it on the ground. If a student steps on a candle while doused in gasoline, they will burst into flames!
- If a student is doused with liquid, they become paranoid and become wary of traps. If you try to make a paranoid student pass through a door that has a bucket of water above it, they will dodge out of the way of the bucket when it falls. As a result, you cannot douse a student with liquid twice in one day.
- Yandere-chan can no longer trip while carrying a bucket.
- Many people suggested that the player could learn about gameplay mechanics from watching anime or reading manga inside of Yandere-chan’s room. It sounds like a fun idea, so I’ve decided to test it out; you can now find a new feature in Yandere-chan’s room. What you can currently find in-game is a rough prototype of the concept, and it will most likely be improved upon in the future.
- All students’ Cleaning Time routines have been re-designed; there are no longer any bugs where a male student cleans toilets in the girls’ bathroom, or bugs where a character spins in circles at the school gate during cleaning time.
- I recently had an epiphany regarding something that could potentially improve the framerate a lot. Please tell me if you see a noticeable difference in the framerate between the previous build and this new build!
- I’ve updated the 3D models for the glasses that the player can put on Senpai at the Senpai Customization screen.
- If you open the debug menu and press the F8 key, you can…”censor”…all of the blood in the game.
- Added a new weapon to the game, found in the Light Music Club room. The current SFX are temporary.
- It is now possible to dump a bucket of liquid or weights off the school roof onto a student who is standing directly behind the school.
- If anyone witnesses you touch a gasoline-doused student with a candle, they will recognize that you are committing murder and react according to their Persona.
- Expanded the size of the candle flame’s collider so that it’s less likely for a gasoline-doused student to slip right past it without catching on fire.
- Made adjustments to Yandere-chan’s character collider in an attempt to reduce chances of Yandere-chan getting stuck while walking up stairs.
- From now on, if Yandere-chan gets too close to a student who is on fire, she will back away in pain.
- Bullies will now react positively to a note in their locker mentioning “juicy gossip”.
- A student who is soaking wet will no longer shove Yandere-chan.
- Fixed typos in the End-of-Day Results sequence.
- Changed the Occult Club’s daily routine. Now, instead of spending all day inside of their clubroom, they walk around school and attempt to research “The Seven Mysteries of Akademi High” – a series of urban legends that are associated with the school. Currently, you can only see them research 5 of the 7 mysteries.
- Added some new props to the school – a painting, some mirrors, a basketball, a piano, and an anatomical figure. These are connected to “The Seven Mysteries”. The 7 mysteries will play a larger role during Oka Ruto’s week at school.
- Adjusted pathfinding grid so that students might be more likely to walk down the center of a hallway instead of sticking to the walls.
- Male Sports Club members’ bodies now have varying degrees of musculature (thanks to help from EpicMealDev).
- It is no longer possible to put a bloody box cutter into a cardboard box.
- Changed the Martial Arts Club’s daily routine; They now walk around school and practice martial arts in different locations. This increases the chance that they will become witnesses to your crimes.
- Adjusted the hedges in the center plaza so that it’s no longer possible for Yandere-chan to become trapped between a closed door and a hedge.
- Slight adjustment to the “leave a note in a student’s locker” feature; adjusting which subjects are interesting to which students.
- Adjusted the two mirrors at the top of the northeast staircase so that they are no longer rendering the game’s skybox.
- Added another Japanese garden to the school; this one is nearby the outdoor cafeteria area.
- Made a tiny tweak to Akademi High’s exterior.
- When Yandere-chan dumps liquid or weights off the roof and presses the “Q” key (or “B” on Xbox controller), the player will see a little picture-in-picture camera view of the liquid/weights falling and hitting the ground (or its target).
- Updated the Martial Arts Club’s hair colors and eye colors, since their old colors always bothered me a little.
- Updated the texture for the painting in the Art Room (separate from the Art Club).
- Fixed typo that caused headache poison to be labeled as “Emetic Poison”.
- Lowered the file size of some textures that were too big.
- When using a candle to kill a student, witnesses will now acknowledge *which* student you were killing; this means that a student’s loved one will react to the murder by attempting to apprehend you.
- From now on, students will refuse to help you take a box cutter out of a box if you’re splattered with blood while making the request.
- From now on, the Student Council will evade bucket traps, since they are too perceptive to fall for such tricks.
- From now on, when you destroy a weapon using the incinerator, it won’t re-appear at school on subsequent days.
- It is now possible to drown a student who is cleaning a toilet bowl.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- If a student finds a pool of blood, they will walk over to it and investigate it. After confirming that they have discovered blood, the student will run and tell a teacher. The student and teacher will run to the location where the blood was spotted. If the teacher doesn’t find blood (because the player has cleaned it up), she will assume she is being pranked, and return to the faculty room. If the teacher does find blood, she will call the police.
- If any character witnesses Yandere-chan mopping up blood, they will realize that Yandere-chan is trying to cover up the evidence of a crime, and will react according to their persona.
- If a student has lost a teacher’s trust, they won’t bother to reporting things to teachers anymore, and instead will go hide in a classroom where they feel safe.
- If a second student finds blood while another student is already reporting the blood, the second student will go wait in class while the blood is being reported.
- Everything stated above also applies to dismembered limbs and bloody weapons, as well.
- If the player picks up an object that can be used as a weapon and drops it more than 10 meters away from its initial location, that object will be considered to be suspicious and dangerous, and students will react to it upon seeing it.
- The first student to locate a suspicious/dangerous object will run and tell a teacher about it. Other students will simply ignore it and return to their daily routine.
- If a teacher finds a suspicious/dangerous object (but doesn’t find any evidence of a crime) they will pick up the object and bring it to the faculty room.
- A teacher’s fingerprints cannot be transferred onto a weapon. To make this more clear to the player, I will most likely adjust the “teacher picks up weapon” animation so that teachers use a handkerchief to pick up objects, instead of picking up objects with their bare hands.
- Removed a debug command in Yandere-chan’s room that people were triggering accidentally.
- Began to update the girls’ locker room with new models.
- Updated the textures of the bullies’ phones so that their screens aren’t blank.
- Updated shaders that weren’t being affected by changes in lighting.
- Added 1 new hairstyle and 1 new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Yamiko’s clothing in the Life Note cutscene.
- Added voice-acting to the Life Note cutscene.
- Characters will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying bloody clothing. The action is considered the same as carrying around evidence of murder (like a severed limb).
- Removed the “students react to footsteps at low school atmosphere” feature, since it was changing the intended game design significantly and creating weird exploits. The feature may eventually be re-added if I can figure out a better implementation.
- If there are bloodstains present at school when the police arrive (but no corpses) the text that displays during the End-of-Day sequence will reflect this.
- If a student reports a severed limb to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the limb.
- If a student reports a corpse to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the corpse.
- If the police arrest someone, school atmosphere will go up, since the population of the school believes that the perpetrator has been caught.
- If Yandere-chan picks up a weapon while a teacher is walking over to investigate that weapon, Yandere-chan will get in trouble.
- Removed the matchbox from Info-chan’s Drops menu, since the mechanics for setting someone on fire no longer involve matches.
- Characters will now react to the sight of bloody clothing on the ground, and will report bloody clothing to teachers.
- Yandere-chan will now wear a towel over her body when she takes off her clothing in the girls’ locker room.
- Reduced the amount of time that students are willing to pose for a photograph in Mission Mode, to nerf an exploit that allowed the player to separate a student from other students by aiming a camera at them for a long time.
- Changed the font used for the Mission Mode menu, because it had unintended side-effects when the game was running with 1/8 textures.
- When a corpse is discovered in Mission Mode, the game will now display the name of the character who discovered the corpse.
- Some weapons look suspicious and dangerous (like the Occult Club’s knife) and other weapons look like harmless everyday objects (like scissors or a screwdriver). If a student finds a dangerous-looking weapon, they will report it to a teacher. However, if a student finds a harmless-looking weapon, they will pick it up with their bare hands and put it back where it belongs.
- Students who are leading teachers to suspicious objects (or teachers who are following students to suspicious objects) will no longer be affected by liquid coming out of bucket traps. It would simply create too many new scenarios.
- Students will no longer react to bloody uniforms as if they are witnessing murder (but teachers will still assume that Yandere-chan has committed a crime if they see her carrying around a bloody uniform).
- Selecting the music note in the pause screen menu will now display an “Audio Settings” menu where the player can adjust the game’s background music, or turn it off.
- From now on, if Yandere-chan tries to take a weapon out of the faculty room’s storage box while teachers can see her, she will instantly get in trouble for it.
- Fixed a problem with the teacher’s “calling the cops” animation that would cause her arm to twitch while making the phone call.
- From now on, students who are told to “Go Away” will go to the hedge maze, rather than the school roof.
- Teachers will now use a handkerchief when picking up a weapon that has been dropped on the ground.
- The player can now find an ID card in the faculty room. If Yandere-chan carries this ID card with her while walking through a metal detector, the detector will ignore her.
- Changed the criteria that will make a student willing/unwilling to pick up an object. Students will now pick up most objects (as long as the object isn’t obviously dangerous).
- Students will no longer put misplaced objects back in their proper place if the student hasn’t even put their shoes on yet.
- A student who is carrying food will no longer pick up misplaced objects if they are in the process of handing out food.
- Students will now refuse to pick up misplaced objects if they are on their way to class.
- Added a new easter egg to the game! If you open the Easter Egg Menu, you’ll see a new addition. If an easter egg isn’t listed in the Easter Egg Menu, this means that it doesn’t have any functionality yet.
- Increased speed of Enigma Mode attack animations and also allowed the player to cancel the animations by inputting movement. Attacking in this Mode should now feel faster, more fluid, and more satisfying.
- Male characters now have male voiced lines when reacting to a note in their locker / being pushed off the roof / being splashed with liquid.
- Updated the “exchanging shoes at locker” animations so that students are no longer interacting with invisible doors.
- Updated the “finding note in locker” animations so that students are no longer interacting with invisible doors.
- Students will now refuse to pick up metal objects if metal detectors are present at school.
- Added new sound effects for the guitar weapon.
- Evolved Yandere Simultator to its permanent final form.
- Reduced the femininity of the game by 100%.
- Increased the masculinity of the game by 1000%.
- Yaku’s visor will now do a better job of reflecting his emotions (sad eyes if he lost the trust of a teacher, angry eyes if he holds a grudge against Yandere-chan, pained eyes if he eats poisoned food, etc).
- From now on, a student who has been told to distract a bully will give up if they witness the bully bullying someone.
- Cooking Club members will no longer attempt to feed characters who are already eating a snack.
- “Man Mode” is now accessible from the Easter Egg menu.
- Added a new type of mission to Mission Mode – “Multi Mission”. This allows the player to play a mission with up to 10 different targets. You can also select the exact method for killing them. I might expand on this mode in the future, depending on whether or not anyone is interested in it.
- Added a debug command to the debug menu that will obscure the screen whenever an attack animation is playing.
- The Student Council will now send you to the guidance counselor when they catch you doing something that a teacher would yell at you for. (But will still pepper spray you if they think that their life is in danger.)
- Removed Kokona’s lunchtime event, since that event only existed so that the player could test the bento-poisoning mechanic, and the bento-poisoning feature is now available for all students.
- From now on, when a student sees a suspicious object, they will only react to it once, instead of continuously reacting to it until it leaves their field of vision.
- From now on, after successfully pick-pocketing a character, a little notification will appear at the top of the screen to inform the player that they have succeeded.
- Added voice lines for the new dialogue that was given to teachers in recent updates (reacting to blood pools, bloody weapons, dismembered limbs, etc).
- It is now possible to push a student off the rooftop while they are dusting off erasers near the rooftop railing.
- Adjusted “Kill All” debug command so that it can kill student council members in addition to normal students.
- Added tutorial pop-ups. The pop-ups can be disabled with a single button push, if they’re annoying.
- Female students now wear towels in the locker room instead of stripping completely naked.
- Added a new easter egg to the Easter Egg Menu.
- When Yandere-chan stands in front of a door, a little pop-up appears at the bottom right corner of the screen, telling the player the name of the room they’re trying to enter (such as “Announcement Room”). Due to a bug, this pop-up was sometimes displaying the name of a room *above* the current room. This bug has been fixed.
- Pressing the Debug Key during Mission Mode will now open up a small debug menu that allows the user to choose whether or not they would like to censor panties/blood/weapon-based killing animations.
- When pushing the Q Key (or the B button on gamepad) while pushing someone off the roof, you will now see a picture-in-picture view of that person hitting the ground.
- If you speak to a student after putting a note in their locker, you can now see a button prompt that will cause the student to go check their locker for the note.
- Added a map to the game! Press spacebar (or “Back” on the Xbox Controller – where “Select” would be on a PS2 controller) to open it
- Tutorial pop-ups can no longer appear while the Cinematic Camera is active (this could create the impression that the game had frozen).
- During a Multi Mission, the pause screen will now communicate which students are dead and which ones are still alive.
- Added a short animation that will play whenever Yandere-chan equips or de-equips a weapon.
- Yandere-chan will no longer be bald when aiming her camera in Cinematic Camera Mode.
- Tutorial pop-ups are now automatically disabled in Mission Mode.
- Added 5 more tutorial pop-ups to the game, for a total of 15.
- If a student takes photograph of Yandere-chan committing a crime with their smartphone, and is subsequently killed by Yandere-chan, the police can still discover that Yandere-chan is a criminal by checking the student’s dropped smartphone and finding the incriminating photo. To prevent this, the player is now required to destroy the dropped smartphones of anyone who has taken a picture of Yandere-chan committing a crime. (There is no animation for it yet, but you can still break phones).
- Senpai has a strong sense of justice, and has disdain for people who commit evil behind a veil of anonymity. The sight of a masked murderer would fill Senpai with disgust and cause him to disregard his own safety and unmask the murderer at all costs. This means that if Senpai sees Yandere-chan commit murder while wearing a mask, he’ll run up and rip the mask off her face, which will cause an instant game over.
- From now on, it is only possible to put a mask on, or take a mask off, if no student can currently see you.
- The Occult Club’s leader will now spend time in the Occult Club from 5:00 PM onwards, since otherwise, it’s difficult for the player to attend the Occult Club’s daily club activity.
- Yandere-chan can now perform a kidnapping if she has a sedative purchased from Info-chan, instead of being limited to using a tranquilizer stolen from the infirmary.
- During the Occult Club’s club activity sequence, the number of characters in black robes will now reflect the current number of living Occult Club members.
- When viewing the map, you will now see some text informing you of what floor you are currently viewing (bottom floor, rooftop, etc).
- If any of the bullies are dead, then the player can’t request a task from Gema, since his task would have involved the bullies.
- If the player tries to ask a bully to distract Gema, the bully will refuse, unless Gema’s task has been completed.
- If the player attempts to lead a student into the Headmaster’s office, the student will refuse to go inside.
- Added props to the inside of Info-chan’s “Info Club” room.
- Changed the appearance of the tutorial windows to make the text more legible.
- Moved Kokona’s bag so that it’s actually at Kokona’s desk.
- Rebalanced the difficulty of the struggle minigame.
- A few years ago, a certain dude made a request. I have finally granted it. To see it, walk into the school infirmary, face the nurse, and type a certain phrase using your keyboard. It’s 8 letters long.
- If a teacher witnessed a mind-broken slave commit suicide, and then witnessed Yandere-chan do something suspicious/dangerous, she accused Yandere-chan of murder, but makes more sense for the teacher to assume that you must have *something to do with the murder*, so her dialogue has been adjusted accordingly (but no voiced line yet).
- Yandere-chan is no longer allowed to run away while being chased by a Teacher/Hero/Senpai; it created too many exploits and holes in the game design. Instead, if a character is running at Yandere-chan, she will stare down her pursuer and face them head-on.
- The act of crouch-walking or crawling around on the ground will now be considered suspicious, and will result in the same reaction as maniacal laughter or low sanity.
- If students see you covered in blood and carrying a weapon while School Atmosphere is low, they will automatically assume that you’re a murderer and react accordingly.
- Made a slight adjustment to the static that appears when the player tries to make Yandere-chan leave school before Senpai leaves.
- Updated the appearance of Yandere-chan’s Sailor Moon-inspired hair model.
- Added “Discord Rich Presence” to the game, thanks to assistance from PiranchDev! This means that, if you play Yandere Simulator while logged into Discord, your Discord status will update to “Playing Yandere Simulator” – with additional text describing exactly what you’re currently doing in-game!
- After witnessing murder, Social Butterflies will now run to the largest group of students at school, instead of always running to the plaza.
- From now on, you will see a “Red String of Fate” connecting Senpai to the current rival when Yandere Vision is active. Because there is no rival in the game right now, you will see the Red String connecting Senpai to the “Indestructible Rival” in the school plaza.
- Added short fences in the Japanese gardens to prevent the player from being able to walk on top of water.
- Yandere-chan is now allowed to equip a weapon while a pursuer is charging towards her to apprehend her.
- Students will no longer be willing to follow Yandere-chan if they are currently wearing a swimsuit.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- When Yandere-chan’s sanity is very low (less than 33.33%)…
- …she will begin to have “intrusive thoughts” – no matter how hard she tries to concentrate, she will be unable to stop thinking about killing her rival. From the player’s perspective, these thoughts will be perceived as ghostly visions of Yandere-chan performing gruesome murder animations on Osana.
- …she will lose the ability to distinguish people from one another. Because the only person she cares about is her Senpai, everyone else will start to look like a dark blur. Her fellow students will lose all color, and will to appear as black silhouettes.
- …smudges will appear around the edges of the screen.
- …she will become unable to resist her murderous urges, and will automatically attack anyone who is within range.
- …the game’s visuals will become more desaturated.
- Yandere-chan’s current level of sanity will now be represented by a semitransparent number visible over the cardiograph at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Crouch-walking or crawling in front of Senpai will no longer result in an instant game over, and instead just creep him out.
- Adjusted the pose that Yandere-chan enters as her sanity deteriorates so that it's less stiff
- Minor aesthetic changes to various characters (like changing the color of Midori’s socks to make them match her hair).
- The player is no longer allowed to place a bucket trap on the Headmaster’s door, because it could lead to several bugs.
- Adjusted the expression that appears on Yandere-chan’s face as her sanity deteriorates.
- Replaced Horuda’s hair model with a superior one with no bald spot.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg
- Because Yandere-chan now wears a towel inside of the locker room, the “Nude” button prompt has been updated to say “Towel” instead.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Restored “Look at a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity” feature.
- The “Censor Attack Animations” command now works with the attack animation that occurs at the end of the Struggle minigame.
- Fixed exploit that allowed the player to attack the Student Council during times when they shouldn’t be vulnerable.
- Teachers and the nurse no longer use the “default” face and have slightly different faces than students.
- When using a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity, the player will hear Yandere-chan release a happy sigh.
- Yandere-chan’s involuntary giggles are now different from her intentional giggles.
- Tweaked the appearance of the skybox slightly.
- Updated “broken smartphone” model.
- Made very minor aesthetic changes to some characters; for example, teaches no longer have blue eyelashes.
- Bullies will no longer have the incorrect skin color when they are wearing a towel or a gym uniform.
- Bullies will no longer wear their accessories when wearing a towel inside the locker room.
- From now on, the End-of-Day sequence will include a new segment: eyewitnesses who saw Yandere-chan commit murder will report her to the police. If at least 5 students accuse Yandere-chan of murder, she will be arrested. If less than 5 students accuse her, the police will not have enough justification to arrest her. (Cowardly students will not report the player to the police.)
- Accessories that were programmed to change color when the player pressed the spacebar will now change color when the player presses the Left Alt key instead.
- Fixed baseball bat animations that would cause students to pop up into the air and flail around after being killed.
- Attempted to fix exploit that would allow the player to kill Nemesis from extreme distances.
- Minor aesthetic changes (some male characters were using female face textures).
- Added cool post-processing effects to the Mission Mode menu.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg.
- Delinquents and Spiteful students will no longer offer eyewitness reports to the police.
- The player now has a “Cyberstalk” option at their PC at night-time. You can cyber-stalk a student to instantly learn all of their likes/dislikes. To view them, go to their profile and press the R key (or the Y button on controller) to see a grid depicting all of their interests. This is intended to be used as a “cheat sheet” to make the match-making feature easier. It will also be helpful if I eventually re-design the conversation system so that, to gain favor from a student, you need to say positive things about what they like, and say negative things about what they dislike, in order to gain favor with them.
- Finally implemented an intro animation for the game. Senpai’s appearance and the school uniforms are dependent on the player's choices in the Senpai Creation screen.
- When starting a new game, the player will now see a “Message from the Developer” screen after Yandere-chan’s conversation with Info-chan. The purpose of this screen is to clarify something that confuses a lot of newcomers.
- Thanks to advice from a friendly Unity developer, you should now notice improvements to the game’s framerate when looking towards the front of the school at the beginning of the day.
- Updated the Falcon Mode textures and models so that the character is a parody, rather than an exact replica of a per-existing character.
- Updated the Berserk easter egg music with an original track instead of a royalty-free track from the Internet.
- Yandere-chan will now scoot close to a bento when poisoning it, instead of poisoning it from a meter away.
- Students will no longer accuse Ayano of murder if Ayano was wearing a mask at the time of the murder.
- Updated some face textures (some male students were using female face textures).
- Added an animation that will play when Yandere-chan crushes a smartphone.
- Updated the Debunk page with 5 new debunks at the bottom of the list.
- While implementing some of the events that occur between Osana and the “Mysterious Obstacle”, I discovered that there simply wasn’t enough time in the day for all of Osana’s events to take place. To provide Osana with a longer span of time for her events to take place in, I’ve slowed down the game’s clock; the span of a minute in Yandere Simulator is now approximately 1.5x longer than it was before.
- Updated some characters’ likes and dislikes to be more consistent with what I’ve said about them in the past.
- Re-balanced the price of purchasing a sedative from Info-chan.
- Replaced music that plays during Shipgirl easter egg.
- Fixed problem with Ryuto’s hair texture that made a weird seam appear at the back of his head.
- Removed a column which was placed in a hallway as a test.
- Restored a character who had been disabled.
- The “Bullying” topic has been restored to the list of topics that the player can write about when leaving a note in a locker.
- Fixed bug that caused female Titans to spawn with towels and male Titans to spawn without face textures.
- Minor cosmetic changes to some characters’ face textures.
- Updated portraits for all characters.
- Re-positioned some of the props in the Science Club, and added one new prop to the Science Club.
- The radio will now emit music notes when music is playing.
- Yandere-chan can now access a part-time job from her room – working at a maid cafe!
- Yandere-chan can use the maid minigame to earn money. The player’s current amount of money will be displayed at the top-right corner of the game, beneath the clock.
- It is now possible to use Yandere-chan’s home computer to access an online store. Currently, only one item is sold through this store, but more items will become available in the future.
- From now on, you will have to pay $1.00 to obtain a drink or a snack from the the vending machines at school.
- In the version of the game that contains Osana, debug commands (such as “instantly befriend all students”) will not be available. Thus, when I put Osana into the game, it must be possible to befriend all students through normal gameplay, without use of debug commands. In order to befriend a student, the player must do a “Task” for them. However, implementing a “Task” for every student would be extremely time-consuming, and would delay Osana. So, instead of implementing a unique Task for every student, I have decided to implement one generic Task that applies to every student in the game. In the final game, all students will have a unique Task, but for now, most students will simply use this generic placeholder Task.
- Members of the Cooking Club will no longer attempt to give food to any student who is currently waiting to meet someone else as a result of a note in their locker.
- One of Yandere Simulator’s old post-processing effects, “Ambient Occlusion”, has been re-enabled. If you dislike it, you can disable it from the Settings menu.
- Until now, the shower buildings were using placeholder exteriors. As of now, the shower buildings have finally been updated with better exteriors.
- Removed the white cube that was floating in the Light Music Club.
- Fixed props in Science Club that were floating in midair.
- The player is no longer able to receive a Placeholder Task from a delinquent or Gema.
- The text “(PLACEHOLDER TASK – WILL BE REPLACED AFTER DEMO)” will now appear during a Placeholder Task.
- Minor changes to the UI of the online store.
- Minor fixes to paintings in the Art Club.
- Updated sponsors screen.
- It is no longer possible to collide with the cardboard box in the meme closet, because it could be exploited in various ways.
- The Science Club’s blood-cleaning robot now moves 4x faster and can travel up stairs.
- Each of the delinquents now has a task; this means that it is now possible to befriend all of the delinquents.
- Normal students will do favors for you after you befriend them. However, delinquents function differently; they won’t do favors for you, even if you befriend them. Instead, befriending a delinquent offers different benefits.
- If you befriend a delinquent, they will no longer shove you when you get close, or become alarmed when they see you with a weapon. However, the true benefit of befriending the delinquents is something else entirely:
- If you befriend all delinquents, dye your hair blonde, lower your reputation below -33%, and use the “Tough” persona, you will be able to speak to Umeji (the delinquent in the yellow shirt) about joining their gang.
- If you join the delinquents, your reputation will never be able to rise higher than -33%, but you will gain a new command, “Intimidate”, which forces students to do favors for you without needing to befriend them first.
- It is now possible to purchase blonde hair dye from the online store accessed in your home.
- When wearing a delinquent mask, press the Left Alt key to change the texture on the mask.
- Replaced the “teacher counters attack” animation with a new one. The original animation was weird, it looked like something an anime villain would do.
- Balanced maid minigame payouts so that it’s possible to achieve $100 on easy mode with perfect gameplay, and $200 on hard mode with perfect gameplay.
- Updated music, credits, and menu background artwork for maid minigame.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg to the game. When you activate this easter egg, there will be new functionality on the X button, Y button, and RB button. (On keyboard, it’s the F key, R key, and left ctrl key.)
- Updated the “Berserker Mode” easter egg. The Drakeslayer weapon now has unique attack animations when pressing the X or Y buttons (F key or R key).
- Changed the drama club’s silk gloves from white to black, because it looks cooler and matches Yandere-chan’s color scheme.
- Fixed the glitchy physics of Yandere-chan’s latest hairstyle.
- Removed exploit that allowed players to keep a character stationary indefinitely by talking to a student about their Task and never dismissing the Task Window.
- Adjusted the pathfinding grid so that it should be less likely for a student’s path to the male locker room to be blocked.
- Added voice lines for the “Generic Placeholder” task. (Female only.)
- Turned down the volume of the delinquent leader’s voiced lines, since they were distorted.
- Changed the animation that Yandere-chan performs when she uses the Intimidate option.
- Finally finished implementing the “Tasks” screen accessed from the pause menu.
- Adjusted subtitles for students reacting to certain types of weapons.
- Added a new easter egg – “Witch Mode”. Press RB (left ctrl) to activate her power, and then press X (the F key) to activate her secondary power.
- Moved the delinquents to different classrooms (they are 2nd-years and 3rd-years, so they can’t occupy 1st-year classrooms). Horuda and Kuu Dere have been moved to 1st-year classrooms.
- If Yandere-chan talks to a student while standing extremely close to them, she will now back up to a more reasonable distance.
- The “Learned Topic” and “Learned Opinion” messages will now specify exactly what topic/opinion was learned.
- The text on the welcome mat in front of the boys’ locker room is no longer reversed.
- Doors will no longer shove Yandere-chan when they are opening/closing.
- Added sound effects and voices to the maid minigame.
- In a student’s profile, you can see a list of their likes/dislikes. Most social butterflies dislike the topic of “Gossip”, but were responding positively if the player left a note in their locker about the subject of “Juicy Gossip”. To fix this contradiction, I have removed the “Juicy Gossip” option and replaced it with something else that social butterflies would respond positively to.
- Students will now become suspicious of you at 2x the speed that they previously would.
- Teachers will no longer scold you for being late to class if they are not present in the classroom.
- Restored “Near Mode” to the easter egg menu after accidentally removing it in the last build.
- Prevented Osana/Raibaru’s hair from being accessed through Pose Mode.
- Used one of Unity’s compression options to lower the file size of the build. This is a test-drive to see if it negatively impacts the build.
- It is no longer possible to commit murder if there is no spare clothing available at school (it would lead to a situation where the player is stuck in a towel in the locker room and has no way of obtaining any more clean clothing). There is a tutorial pop-up explaining this if the player attempts to attack someone without any spare clothing at school.
- People reported that the game was crashing when they attempted to load into the school environment. This may have been due to the new compression I was testing out, so I’ve disabled it.
- Added a wooden platform behind the legendary cherry tree. (This is to allow a place for potential witnesses to stand.)
- Re-designed some aspects of the the plaza area. (This is to facilitate that option of stealth gameplay during Osana’s week.)
- Replaced Musume Ronshaku’s old task with a new one (her old task was too similar to one of the delinquent tasks).
- Adjusted student likes/dislikes (Every student needs at least 5 likes and 5 dislikes for gameplay purposes).
- Added a little visual effect that appears when Yandere-chan giggles.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Updated two student portraits.
- The game will now remember your preferences when resetting the day / resetting the week.
- It’s no longer possible to speak to a student who is investigating a weapon/blood pool/limb on the ground.
- Cooking Club students should no longer attempt to give food to a student who has walked out of school.
- The “Invert Y Axis” setting will now also invert the Y axis when aiming the camera in first-person mode.
- Updated teachers’ clothing textures and adjusted their models slightly.
- For gameplay reasons, expanded the size of students’ vision cones.
- Updated the text in Horuda Puresu’s profile.
- Students with unique walk animations where they put their hands near their faces (like Beruma and Toga) will no longer use those animations while carrying cleaning items (because the cleaning items would clip into their faces).
- Yandere-chan will no longer be considered suspicious when carrying a guitar if she is in the Light Music club.
- Students now have reactions to seeing Yandere-chan carry a fire extinguisher, pipe wrench, or guitar.
- Fixed a prop that was floating in midair in the Photography Club.
- Using the debug turtle to clean clothing will no longer result in a scenario where the game believes that there is no clean clothing present at school.
- Added teeth to Yandere-chan’s smile on the title screen.
- Reduced the volume of the woodchipper and radio.
- Yandere-chan now has a different line for complimenting male students.
- Fixed some inaccurate subtitles for certain students’ Tasks.
- Added warning message to the debug turtle menu.
- Added a new easter egg.
- When playing with a controller, it will now rumble in certain situations. (Currently, the controller will only rumble during attack animations, when you alarm a student, when the counselor slams her desk, during the game over sequence, and during a few key moments in the intro animation.)
- The player now has the option of going into the Settings menu and enabling “Toggle” for running. This means that in order to run, you only have to tap the Shift key once, instead of permanently holding down the Shift key.
- Changed the nature of the cello case so that it can no longer be used for weird exploits (like blocking students’ paths, or climbing on top of it). As a result, it is possible to clip into the cello case, but this is necessary to fix exploits.
- Added a new feature to the mech easter egg. Press the “X” button (or “F” key) to power up the mech’s weapons. This will cause your attacks to destroy parts of the environment.
- Phone addicts will no longer use their smartphones while walking through the girls’ locker room wearing a towel.
- Adjusted bathroom stalls that were clipping into walls in the girls’ locker room.
- Yandere-chan’s ears will no longer become dark when she loses her sanity.
- Added collision to some objects that previously lacked collision.
- Adjusted the texture for Yandere-chan’s “lost sanity” eyes.
- Fixed some typos.
- A stealth attack will now cause a small amount of noise, enough to alert anyone who is extremely close by (within 2 meters). As a result, it is no longer possible to easily kill an entire group of students when they are walking in a “conga line”. (Eventually, I will probably adjust student pathfinding so that they are never forming “conga lines” in the first place…)
- The game now acknowledges the mech in the science club as an easter egg, meaning that the game will start using “easter egg logic” once Yandere-chan gets into the mech (for example, while the mech is active, the police won’t arrive at school before 6:00 PM, so that your time in the mech isn’t cut short).
- The little box that displays the name of a room behind a door is now displaying the proper text when Yandere-chan approaches a toilet stall.
- If the police arrive at school after the player has activated an easter egg, you will now see a special outcome.
- Delinquents will now refuse to go check their locker for a note unless you have befriended them first.
- The low-sanity murder hallucinations now carry weapons, and are no longer misaligned.
- The player is now able to adjust the game’s settings while in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Replaced the “pushing male student off roof” voice clip with a much better one.
- The headmaster can no longer taze you if an easter egg is active.
- Moved some props that were clipping into walls.
- It is now impossible for Yandere-chan to dismember a corpse if there are no clean uniforms present at school (because this would create a situation where the player is bloody and cannot possibly switch into a clean uniform.)
- It is now possible for Yandere-chan to stealth attack a student with a bat or a weight, even if there are no clean uniforms present at school, since the act of doing so would not stain her clothing.
- The controller will now vibrate in sync with Yandere-chan’s heartbeat when she is near Senpai.
- When spying on Gema, the bullies will no longer fuse into one entity while in their “waiting” pose (they will stand slightly apart from one another).
- Fixed some typos.
- Adjusted Info-chan’s prices.
- It is now possible to purchase a Fake ID from Info-chan’s “Drops” menu. It currently lacks functionality, but may have a purpose in the future.
- The “stop time” debug command (pause key when the debug menu is open) will now prevent the police timer from counting down.
- Adjusted the texture that appears on Yandere-chan’s eyes when she is using Yandere Vision.
- Added a new Headmaster cassette tape!
- It is now possible to exit Yandere-chan’s room at nighttime and visit a street.
- It is possible to interact with each store, but it is not possible to buy anything yet. The items listed for sale are placeholders.
- I only have one shopkeeper portrait right now, but in the future, each store will have a unique shopkeeper.
- Reduced the blur effect in the street scene.
- The coin-operated binoculars in the street scene no longer have controls that are inverted from normal gameplay controls.
- There is now an “Are you sure?” prompt that appears before the player goes to the Maid Cafe menu.
- Adjusted placement of text prompts in the street scene to prevent clipping issues.
- Mei Mio has her glasses again.
- Limited the player’s ability to speed up or slow down time in the street scene.
- Adjusted the post-processing effects in the street scene.
- Removed smudge from convenience store clerk artwork.
- It is no longer possible to be shoved by a delinquent who is currently reacting to being poisoned with any type of poison.
- Cans of gasoline now contain infinite gasoline.
- It is no longer possible to send a sunbathing student to distract someone, or to send someone to distract a sunbathing student.
- From now on, Kokona will no longer be seen doing enjo kosai if she is dead or if her father has been freed from debt.
- It is no longer possible to activate the Flame Demon easter egg during Mission Mode.
- Increased the quality of the bookshelves in the Cooking Club.
- Mei, Yuna, and Koharu now have smiles on their faces.
- Manga books have been removed from the school grounds (except the Life Note books in the Photography club).
- One store in the street now has functionality – the manga store. It is now possible to purchase manga from this store.
- Five of the manga books available in the store are 18+. To purchase them, you will need to purchase a Fake ID from Info-chan.
- The shopkeeper’s speech bubble has dialogue for various circumstances (such as when Yandere-chan attempts to purchase adults-only manga without valid ID, or attempts to purchase an item without enough money to afford it).
- I adjusted the properties of one of the trash cans to make it impossible for that trash can to be used to block a student’s path. The second trash can’s properties have now been adjusted, as well.
- It is no longer possible for a student in a swimsuit to be splashed with liquid; they’ll always dodge it.
- Fixed problems with Yui and Mei’s models that caused their arms to clip through their sleeves.
- The coin-operated binoculars on the street are now less sensitive depending on how far the player has zoomed in.
- It should now be impossible for the player to block a character who is attempting to pass through the doorways inside of a locker room building.
- It should no longer be possible to trap characters walking past the electronics store by pinning them in a corner.
- Characters walking around on the street will now walk around you if you try to block their path.
- If Saki witnesses you murder Kokona, she will develop the strength of Budo and attempt to apprehend you. (Same goes for Kokona witnessing you murder Saki.)
- A student will no longer rotate towards an incorrect angle if distracted by Yandere-chan while returning an object to its original location.
- A student will no longer get stuck in the incorrect state if distracted by Yandere-chan while picking up a dropped item on the ground.
- It should no longer be possible for the player to block a civilian walking down the street from reaching their destination.
- It should now be impossible for the player to block the entrance-way to the girls’ locker room.
- A student will now only be bullied if their reputation is less than negative 33.
- The manga store clerk now has artwork and new dialogue.
- There is no longer an invisible wall in front of the electronics store.
- Made an addition to the Gaming Club.
- Pressing the Shift key (or LB shoulder button) while viewing a student’s profile will now display a graphical breakdown of how their initial reputation was calculated. This graph currently does not update as a student’s reputation changes during gameplay, but it probably will in the future.
- The music store has been changed into a gift shop. Gifts purchased from this store can be given to rivals during the matchmaking minigame, or given to Senpai to restore his sanity after he experiences a damaging event.
- There is a new song for the DDR machine, but the current arrows are placeholders, and the music/arrows will probably be changed in the next update.
- Kokona’s lunch event will no longer take place.
- It should now be impossible to prevent civilians on the street from reaching their destinations.
- From now on, using the syringe to tranquilize someone will cause the syringe to become visibly stained with blood.
- When viewing a student’s profile, you can now press left/right to navigate to the next student’s profile.
- Implemented an “easy mode” for the first song of the dance machine minigame.
- Each student now has a pre-determined reputation from the start of the game.
- Senpai now has a short, simple reaction to finding a present on his desk.
- Updated Horuda’s portrait to use her new hairstyle.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new character to the “Characters” page of the Yandere Simulator website.
- The player will now start Mission Mode with $10 so that it’s possible to buy enough salty snacks to complete a Multi-Mission that involves electrocuting 10 students.
- Any easter egg that requires the player to type a phrase on the keyboard can no longer be activated if Yandere-chan is sitting.
- Heroic students will no longer run when investigating giggles, only screams.
- The keys to unlock the robot easter egg will no longer appear in LoveSick Mode / Mission Mode.
- Improved the arrows for the “Queen of Dance” song on the dance machine.
- Added one new song to the dance machine.
- Adjusted student reputation values.
- Reading manga will no longer cause you to become late for school. Being late for school will cause the player to miss scripted events, which is way too harsh of a punishment for merely reading some manga.
- Teachers will now ignore petty actions (like Yandere-chan touching the papers on their desk) while they are calling the cops or guarding a corpse.
- Mind-broken slaves can no longer be distracted by the sight of Yandere-chan committing murder, while the slave is also committing murder.
- It’s no longer possible to leave an anonymous gift on Senpai’s desk if he’s in the same room as you.
- The members of the Occult Club no longer have 100% identical hair colors.
- It is once again possible to enable shadows from the Settings menu. A warning message will be displayed when highlighting this option, informing the player that activating shadows will most likely have a severe impact on the framerate.
- It is no longer possible to use the Expulsion method on Kokona; as part of implementing Osana, the Expulsion method has been re-worked to function with Osana rather than Kokona. Although it has been disabled, you will be able to experience it again once Osana is out. (As a consequence, it is no longer possible to enter the Counselor’s office and speak with her.)
- It is now possible to sabotage one of the vending machines with a screwdriver. This will cause the vending machine to eat your money without dispensing any drinks. (This is related to one of Osana’s elimination methods.)
- It is no longer possible to hand a snack to a character if they are still in the process of walking into the school at the start of the day. (This fixes an Osana exploit.)
- The answer sheet in the faculty room is no longer present on any day except for Friday. (This is related to an Osana event that is exclusive to Friday.)
- Sakyu Basu will now react to the sight of her ring being stolen. (This is to make one of Osana’s elimination methods more difficult.)
- It is no longer possible to sneak a box cutter past a metal detector using a cardboard box.
- Finally gave proper “Student Info” to the martial arts club members.
- Himari now has enough strength to apprehend Yandere-chan.
- It is no longer possible to access the “Schemes” menu, because it can only be used in relation to Osana, who isn’t in the game yet.
- Teachers will no longer be distracted by Yandere-chan crouching/crawling/aiming her camera while the teacher is guarding a corpse.
- Kokona will no longer appear on the street if she has been kidnapped.
- Gloves will no longer become bloody when tranquilizing a victim.
- Fixed typos in student profiles.
- Pose Mode now has a “Save/Load” feature, for making a character instantly switch to a previously-saved pose. It is currently in its earliest stages, and isn’t 100% functional yet, but if it is developed further, then in the future, you’ll be able to save/load what you create in Pose Mode! (Remember to “Stop Animation” before loading a pose, or else the character’s current animation will immediately snap them out of the pose you’re trying to load.) Poses are saved in YandereSimulator\Assets\StreamingAssets\Poses.
- Removed items from the Senpai Shrine. Those items are meant to be unlocked once per week over the course of the full game. Because the game is approaching the “official demo” phase, those items have been removed so that the player will actually be able to collect/unlock them through gameplay in the near future.
- A notification will now display onscreen when attempting to enter the boys’ locker room or when attempting to leave the girls’ locker room while only wearing a towel.
- It should no longer be possible for Inkyu/Sakyu to get stuck on Senpai’s body when walking past him to investigate a giggle on the school rooftop.
- Multiple characters can now investigate screams (instead of just one character investigating, as is the case with giggles).
- Students can no longer notice dropped weapons/limbs/blood pools while in the middle of a conversation with Yandere-chan.
- Characters without the “Hero” Persona will now investigate screams.
- Kiba Kawaito’s hair will no longer clip through walls.
- Severed limbs now have bloodier textures.
- From the debug menu, you can now press the “F” key to spawn a “green screen room” near the hedge maze. This is for the benefit of people who would like to place characters against a green screen when making a YouTube thumbnail, or anything else along those lines. You can press the “Z” key to cycle between different colors other than green.
- If a student is distracted by a giggle, a notification will appear at the top of the screen, so that the player can confirm that their giggle reached its target. (Previously, it was impossible to know if someone on the other side of a wall / door had been affected by a giggle.)
- Using the “Save” feature in Pose Mode will now cause a little notification to appear onscreen, so that there is no uncertainty over whether or not you successfully saved the pose.
- Once again, changed some of the environment models in the school plaza to better facilitate stealth gameplay / make it easier to use giggles to attract a student’s attention without being spotted.
- Characters will no longer check for the presence of Yandere-chan, blood, or corpses if any of those things are more than 4 meters above the character’s current position.
- The gym teacher will no longer turn her attention away from a corpse if she hears the school gate closing.