To be able to torture a student, Ayano Aishi must first go through the process of kidnapping them and bringing them into her basement. They will be tied to a chair and not able to move; they can only look at her and speak. When Ayano walks up to the student and presses E on the keyboard (or A on the player's controller), the player will be taken to a torture screen. The player is able to choose how long Ayano will torture them. The victim's sanity is displayed at the top of the screen. Different lengths of torture will reduce their sanity by different increments. Once the player selects the duration, Ayano will loom over her victim as they scream in terror.
In older builds, Ayano could torture the student as soon as they were kidnapped, but after the December 1st, 2015 Build, she goes straight to sleep after she sneaks the victim home.
Torture Option 1
This option is only available in the morning. This option allows Ayano to torture the victim for one hour and decrease the victim's sanity by 2.5%. She will arrive at school one hour late.
Torture Option 2
This option is only available at night. This option allows Ayano to torture the victim for four hours and decrease the victim's sanity by 10%. After she finishes torturing her prisoner, she will immediately go to sleep until the next day.
Torture Option 3
This option is only available in the morning. This option allows Ayano to torture the victim for twelve hours and decrease the victim's sanity by 30%. She will skip the school day entirely, and will stop when nighttime arrives. This is for when the player wants to torture someone, but still wants to do nighttime activities like play video games, read manga, or gossip on the Internet. Her reputation will decrease by twenty points the next day. The player cannot choose this option on Friday.
Torture Option 4
This option is only available in the morning. This option allows Ayano to torture the victim for eighteen hours and reduce the victim's sanity by 45%. She will skip the school day entirely, and nighttime activities as well. Ayano will go to sleep immediately when the torture stops. Her reputation will decrease by twenty points the next day. The player cannot torture a student for eighteen hours on Friday even if the rival can no longer cause a game over (If they died or are otherwise eliminated).
Bring to School
This option will only appear when the student has reached 0% sanity. They will obey Ayano's every command and will remain motionless sitting behind a bush to the side of the school gate, muttering mindlessly until Ayano gives them a weapon. A menu will appear allowing the player to choose which student they want killed, then the mindslave will slowly stand up and clumsily walk to the chosen student, push them onto the ground and stab them multiple times, killing them. After that, the mind-slave will stab themselves in the neck, causing a geyser of blood to spurt out. When the sequence ends, the mind-slave will collapse to the ground, dead. At this point, Ayano's chosen student and mindslave have been eliminated, without needing to dispose of a murder weapon or get a single drop of blood on her. When the police come, they will investiage it and then unable to arrest a mindslave because she was killed before the police arrives. Afterward, they will believe that they know about the identify of the killter, but they are unable to find any further conclusions, and leave the school. The school atmosphere wil not decrease since the killer is dead. If the police arrive during the brief period between the mindslave killing her target and committing suicide, they will arrest the mindslave. Either way, you'll get rid of two people in one shot. You must have a picture of the target to command the mindslave to kill the chosen target.
As of the March 5th, 2016 Build, the player cannot give a slave any large, non-concealable weapons, such as a katana.
As of the July 24th, 2016 Build, a mind-slave is spawned next to the school gate, behind a bush when they are brought to school, to explain why nobody notices the mind-slave when they enter the school gates.
If the chosen student dies before the slave can reach them, or if the day ends without the slave being used for anything, she will just commit suicide.
|“||Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you? / How long are you going keep me here? Forever? / What are you going to do? Are you going to kill me? / How could you do this to someone? / Could you at least put a TV in here? It's so boring...||”|
— A student with full Sanity
|“||What are you doing? Don't come any closer! Stay away! STOP! NOO!!||”|
— Torturing a student with full Sanity
|“||No...not you again...! / Stay away! Get away from me! / Just kill me already...get it over with.. / I hate you! I'll never forgive you for this! / If you let me go, I won't tell the police...I swear...||”|
— A student with 90-50% Sanity
|“||No! Not that! Anything but that! Not again! STAY AWAY!! NOOO!!||”|
— Torturing a student with 90-50% Sanity
|“||No...not again... / ...stay away...get away... / ..just... kill me.. / ...I hate you... / ...let me go...please...||”|
— A student with 45-1% Sanity
|“||Please... no... Why are you doing this...?||”|
— Torturing a student with 45-1% Sanity
|“||I'll do anything. / I'll do whatever you say. / I'll obey any command. / Let me out of this chair. / I want it to end.||”|
— A student with 0 Sanity
|“||I'm useless. / I'm worthless. / I'm nothing. / Nothing matters. / I should die.||”|
— A mind-slave student at school.
— After giving a weapon to a mind-slave student at school.
After each torture session, the student's sanity will decrease. At high sanity the student will keep looking at the player, asking why they were kidnapped. The lower it is, the more they will twitch and mutter. In the beginnings of the torture, they will fight for their life, but when their sanity is lower, they will begin to accept their fate.
When they have no sanity left, the victim's eyes become a dull grey, and they stop twitching and watching Ayano. Ayano can then bring them to school and ask them to kill her rival, or keep the victim locked up in her basement. They will mutter to themselves on loop when brought to school.
It may be possible that torturing one student might lower another kidnapped person's sanity.
Currently you can only kidnap one female student at once, but in the future you may be able to keep up to five kidnapped students at once. There might also be a supermarket implemented in the town so you have to buy food to feed the students.
- Killing the mind broken student in Cirno Mode just makes the place where they spawn have the usual subtitles of what they would say if they were still alive. Dragging the body somewhere else will cause the audio to tail the body.
- A kidnapped student is still able to comment on the Internet.
- A mindslave "stabs" herself with a circular saw due to incomplete animations. Normally it was supposed to be just cutting their own necks open with it.
- This bug was patched as heavy weapons are now unusable to them.
- Torture was implemented in the October 17th, 2015 Build.
- As of the October 15th, 2017 Build, Ayano can choose who her mindslave kills.
- A tortured student's suicide is always instantaneous.
- This method is not needed for a Fragile student. Currently only Horuda Puresu has the fragile persona and there is another way to brainwash a bullied Horuda to becoming a mindslave for you, sparing the need to kidnap or torture any student.
- It may be possible that later on in torturing a student, their hair will turn white. This is a condition known as Marie Antoinette Syndrome; when under extreme stress or torture, a victim's hair will go white.
- Mentally broken students have superhuman strength because they have no concern for their own safety, and don't care about consequences. Ayano can use this to her advantage to kill a teacher in the full game. The effect is not tested on certain invincible NPCs and rivals. If you "assist" the mindslave by stabbing the target with a short and sharp weapon (eg:Screwdriver), the mindslave will successfully kill the target and you do not have to dispose of your weapon. If not, the mindslave will be apprehended instead.
- In future builds, people will think Ayano is a delinquent if she starts to skip school too much because of torturing, and her reputation will decrease. Senpai cannot love a delinquent; thus, skipping school too much will cause a game over. This also helps to avoid abuse of this feature.
- What type of torture happens to a student is best left to the player's imagination, unless animations are created. At one point, YandereDev jokingly stated that the torture scenes would be interactive like the "interrogation" scenes in Bullet Girl 2.
- It takes exactly 40 hours to mentally break a student so no option is more effective than the other. Each hour equals to 2.5%.
- If the player presses K while in the debug menu, Horuda Puresu will become brainwashed without having to kidnap and torture her, despite the debug menu stating it spawns Saki.
- The voice actress here is different from the one at the rooftop event between Kokona Haruka and Saki Miyu.
- A brainwashed slave will not react to a camera pointing at them.
- In the July 24th, 2016 Build, the murder-suicide animation was improved.
- Because Raibaru Fumetsu cannot be killed by the mindslaves due to her dodges of being ecountered by the mindslaves, Ayano still be able to stab her back to get the mindslave kill Raibaru, or if Raibaru sees Osana Najimi, as a mindslave, try to kill Raibaru, she will not try to dodge getting attacked by Osana Najimi
- When a mind-slave commits suicide, the blood that sprays out of their neck can cover Ayano.
- If you get covered in blood and Senpai happened to see it, he will instantly blame the murder on her and result in a game over despite him not knowing anything about it, just like at any other time when he sees the player with blood on them. If a teacher sees you dragging one of the corpses they will think you did it and will attempt to apprehend you. This bug is yet to be fixed.
- If a mindslave is brought to school but is not instructed to kill anyone, she will kill herself at the end of the day.