"After an incident in 1989, the Japanese public began to associate Akademi Academy with the thought of murder, and enrollment rates dropped sharply.
In order to restore the school's reputation as a safe place for higher learning, the Headmaster mandated that all faculty members take courses in self-defense.
As a result, every staff member at Akademi - from the teachers to the nurses to the guidance counselor - is capable of defending themself against a direct assault from an armed attacker."
Currently, all the class teachers have different bust sizes. Every teacher wears a white shirt, a black blazer, black leggings, and black high heels ornamented with blue bows. And instead Mida Rana as a breast at 2. She is dressed in a brown cardigan where the bra is also seen. the red skirt, the brown stockings and finally the black heels.
Previously, all the teachers had a brown ponytail identical to Ayano's. Their eyes were the same color as their hair, and they didn't have glasses.
Later on, the teachers had a unique hairstyle; their hair was in a bun with different shades of brown varying from teacher to teacher. They wore black framed glasses and their eyes were the same shade of brown.
Currently, all of the teachers have their own individual hairstyles. Reina's hairstyle, however, has not changed since she was introduced.
There will be at least one teacher that will be a stereotypical anime teacher with a tight skirt, high heels, and lipstick. It's been YandereDev's vision to have this type of teacher since the very beginning.
When a teacher is killed, she will be replaced the next day by randomly generated teacher with a random hairstyle, hair color, bust size, name, and surname, but with the same stats, clothes, and accessories of the dead teacher.
If Ayano is late for a class, her teacher will scold her. The intensity of the scolding depends on how late she was. The player will also get fewer study points to use for that class period.
If Ayano tries to kill a teacher without at least one level in Physical Education, she will grab Ayano's hand and pin her to the ground, resulting in the "Apprehended" Game Over screen. She is able to kill teachers by spending study points on the Physical Education stat. If she joins the Martial Arts Club, she will be able to automatically kill a teacher.
If a student with the Teacher's Pet persona witnesses Ayano murder another student or spots a dead body, they will run to their own teacher and report what they saw. The teacher will run with the student to the exact spot where the Teacher's Pet saw the dead body.
The same thing happens when there is a poisoned student, although a student with any persona can report to a teacher. In the future, students might report to the nurse instead when someone is severely ill or badly injured.
If the body is still there or within close sight, the teacher will call the police. The teacher will then guard the corpse, making it impossible to move the corpse without her noticing Ayano. When the teacher guards a corpse, she will scan the perimeter left and right, increasing her current range of sight. If Ayano appears suspicious around the corpse that the teacher is currently guarding, she will yell at Ayano and run up to her. Ayano will be forced to freeze while the teacher runs up to her. When the teacher catches Ayano, she will be pinned down, causing an instant Game Over.
However, if the body is quickly moved out of sight before the teacher gets there, she will conclude that it was just a prank, scold the student for wasting her time and leave. At this point, that student will be mentally scarred.
Ayano can ask a student to distract a teacher for a couple of seconds. She can then kill any students in that classroom without the teacher's interference. She can also gossip about a teacher to a student to damage their reputation; however, Ayano will refer to her as a student.
Teachers will call the police at the end of the day if they find a pool of blood or a bloody weapon on school grounds. They will also call the police if Ayano tries to attend class and hasn't cleaned up the evidence.
Teachers will stay in the Faculty Room while class is not in session. Kyoshi Tachikawa will stay in the room during class time and lunchtime.
- Begin the school day inside the faculty room, grading papers.
- Leave the faculty room and go to their individual classes when class begins. Kyoshi Tachikawa will then take over watching the faculty room.
- Repeat until 3:30 pm, when classes are over.
- Continue grading papers until the end of the day.
Previously, teachers would automatically expel Ayano when she looks suspicious. This will lead to the "Expelled" Game Over. If the player is in the Occult Club, it will take longer for teachers to notice Ayano's unruly behavior. Now, if a faculty member sees Ayano bloody, stealing, etc. she will be sent to the Guidance Counselor.
- If Ayano is spotted by a teacher while bloody, laughing insanely, carrying a weapon, visibly insane, taking panty shots, crouching, or throwing Bang Snaps and/or stink bombs, walking around school with the swimsuit outside the pool, she will be sent to the counselor.
- In the future, Ayano will get sent to the counselor for public indecency.
- If Ayano enters another teacher's class while their class is in session, the teacher will tell her to leave the room. If she doesn't exit a teacher’s class after being told four times to leave, the teacher will take disciplinary measures against her, and send her to the counselor.
- If a teacher witnesses Ayano murder a student or has realized that she is the murderer, the teacher will immediately chase her and pin her down. Ayano is currently unable to run away from someone chasing her. However, the player will have the ability to fight back if Ayano's strength stat is high enough.
- If a teacher caught Ayano steal an answer sheet, ID card, or the cigarettes from Kaho's desk in the faculty room, or Nasu caught Ayano steal syringe or tranquilizer in the infirmary then she will be send to the counselor.
Teachers (202X Mode)
- Reina Nabatame (teaches Saki Miyu, Kokona Haruka, Kokuma Jutsu, Efude Nurimono, Kiba Kawaito, Shima Shita, Beruma Dinkuri, Homu Kurusu, Mantaro Sashimasu, Tsubaki Uesugi, Mai Waifu, Otohiko Meichi, Shiromi Torayoshi, Hoshiko Mizudori, and Kuu Dere)
- Natsuki Aburaya (teaches Ajia Ashitomi, Tokuko Kitagawa, Supana Churu, Maka Tansei, Dora Tamamoto, Mina Rai, Dafuni Bureiku, Meka Nikaru, Iruka Dorufino, Sumire Suzuki, Midori Gurin, Hazu Kashibuchi, Hanako Yamada, Kokoro Momoiro, and Horuda Puresu)
- Rino Fukahori (teaches Seiyo Akanishi, Riku Soma, Daku Atsu, Enpitsu Byoga, Beshi Takamine, Juku Ren, Sukubi Dubidu, Yaku Zaishi, Unagi Denkashiza, Sakura Hagiwara, Osana Najimi, Raibaru Fumetsu, Ayano Aishi, Hana Daidaiyama, and Gaku Hikitsuri)
- Shiori Rikitake (teaches Amai Odayaka, Kizana Sunobu, Oka Ruto, Sakyu Basu, Inkyu Basu, Dairoku Surikizu, Asu Rito, Hayanari Tsumeato, Pippi Osu, Osoro Shidesu, Aoi Ryugoku, Megami Saikou, and Hokuto Furukizu)
- Karin Hanabusa (teaches Kenko Sukoyaka, Shozo Kurosawa, Chojo Tekina, Borupen Saishiki, Gita Yamahato, Sho Kunin, Rojasu Norubiru, Horo Guramu, Hojiro Zameshiro, Himari Fujita, Ryuto Ippongo, Kyuji Konagawa, Akane Toriyasu, Kashiko Murasaki, and Umeji Kizuguchi)
- Kaho Kanokogi (teaches Shoku Tsuburaya, Tsuruzo Yamazaki, Shin Higaku, Geiju Tsuka, Miyuji Shan, Budo Masuta, Fureddo Jonzu, Kaga Kusha, Itachi Zametora, Uekiya Engeika, Gema Taku, Toga Tabara, Kuroko Kamenaga, Musume Ronshaku, and Senpai)
- Kyoshi Tachikawa, the gym teacher. It is unknown who she teaches.
- Mida Rana, the future substitute teacher rival (teaches Shoku Tsuburaya, Tsuruzo Yamazaki, Shin Higaku, Geiju Tsuka, Miyuji Shan, Budo Masuta, Fureddo Jonzu, Kaga Kusha, Itachi Zametora, Uekiya Engeika, Gema Taku, Toga Tabara, Kuroko Kamenaga, Musume Ronshaku, and Senpai).
Teachers (1980s Mode)
- Kyoko Koyasu, (teaches Ui Tunesu, Himeko Dereguchi, Fujie Haijima, Kaho Miki, Umeko Uchiyama, Nagako Ando, Yae Ogata, Chizuru Yamaguchi, Fuyumi Tachiki, Itsumi Yuuki, Ikue Yaitabashi, Sota Yuki, Joze Shiuba, Raimu Ichijo, and Koharu Hinata)
- Mutsuko Nishimura, (teaches Aika Iseri, Chidori Ikegami, Eiko Noguchi, Jitsuko Furusawa, Takako Ueda, Maaya Ohshi, Waka Yamaga, Azusa Mitsuishi, Etsuko Hayashibara, Honoka Kiyokawa, Hanae Ono, Hayato Haruki, Chigusa Busujima, Akari Komiyaku, and Mei Mio)
- Noriyo Hiramatsu, (teaches Chikao Tsurumaki, Fujio Kio, Ichiei Nakayama, Raizo Morioka, Sachi Yoneyama, Umanosuke Yoshinari, Zenji Shinokura, Chujiro Kitasume, Fuyukichi Kato, Iwao Satoh, Kaguya Wakaizumi, Ryusei Koki, Ryoba Aishi, Murasaki Nobumoto, and Shichiro Kurosapu)
- Otome Nagasako, (teaches Moeko Rakuyona, Honami Hodoshima, Sumiko Tachibana, Ai Doruyashi, Teiko Nabatasai, Yui Rio, Yuna Hina, Togo Atatsuma, Ritsuko Chikanari, Saburo Meshino, Mahiro Honda, Komako Funakoshi, Daisaku Aragaki, Sonoko Sakanoue, and Taichi Hiranaka)
- Ryoko Ugaki, (teaches Banri Masayuki, Eiichi Asari, Hachiro Iso, Okimoto Furukawa, Ran Uchimara, Tadaaki Sunada, Yahiko Onoda, Bunzo Ohta, Etsuji Odaka, Hozumi Takeda, Kagemori Takagi, Haruto Yuto, Ken Kyonashima, Doremi Shimahara, and Seishiro Sadanaga)
- Suzuko Naka, (teaches Akifumi Anno, Daichi Suzuki, Gakuto Imakake, Nagaharu Kurudo, Omi Ohara, Sachihiko Fukuoka, Wataru Murata, Azuma Takahoshi, Daizo Momose, Gota Kushida, Jiichiro Takahashi, Sora Sosuke, Reiichi Tanaami, Tiru Sutoriku and Jokichi Yudasei)
- Tsuru Kariya, the gym teacher. It is unknown who she teaches.
- A dismembered teacher will always be clad in the female student uniform.
- If a teacher is killed using Cirno, Falcon, Ebola, Punch, or Cyborg Mode, and Ayano is late to class, the teacher's voice clip scolding her for being late will still play.
- If Ayano uses an Easter Egg to kill a teacher while she is working in the faculty room and picks up the body, the teacher's chair will follow her as she runs. If the teacher was holding an exam paper when she was killed, the paper will follow Ayano as well.
- When Ayano is caught by a teacher with cleaning supplies when isn't cleaning time, the teacher will not say anything while sending Ayano to the counselor's office, since teachers don't have a line about cleaning supplies yet.
- If Ayano kills one of the random or kill one of the NPCs, All of the random teacher's hairstyle color will revert back to their original hair color.
- They were implemented in the May 3rd, 2015 Build.
- In the game, they are voiced by Rachael Messer.
- NPCs will react to teacher deaths with different voiced lines; this has not yet been implemented.
- They will quiver in place when the school atmosphere is low.
- Interestingly, in the game's files, the portraits are listed as students instead of their own separate NPC.
- Even though all of the teacher's and nurse's hairstyle colors (Excluding Kyoshi), have been changed as of July 1st, 2019 Build, their portraits haven't updated until July 18th, 2019 Build.
- When Ayano murders a student, and a teacher chases her, she can't kill any more students.
- The teachers' names are a reference to the top female Japanese names of 2012.
- Spooky Mode, DK Mode, and Titan Mode affect teachers.
- There is a long line of teachers that would jump at the opportunity to begin working there at a moment's notice because it is a very famous school, which is why there is always a new teacher, the day after the old teacher has been killed.
- There is no secret ending if Ayano is being chased by a teacher and the police timer runs out. If she has no evidence of murder on her, then she will be able to progress through the week as with any other murder. If the player character has any incriminating details on her that relate to her kills, then she will be arrested. This happens in any current situation where a teacher is chasing Ayano.
- If Ayano walks into class with a bloody uniform, a suspicious weapon, and low sanity, the teacher will notice her bloody uniform first.
- One of the teachers is planned to have a very dark secret. YandereDev has not stated who that teacher is, or what their secret is.
- In the future, Ayano may be able to report corpses to them, but if she does this, the day will end and she will miss many important events during the rest of the school day, making this purely an immersion feature.
- As of February 19th, 2021 Build, the player is now be able to report corpses or blood to teachers.
- Before the events of 1980s Mode, there was a murder at Akademi which prompted the school to force faculty members to undergo self-defense training.
- In the future, three of the female teachers may be replaced by male teachers.
- Teachers run 7.5 meters per second. In the future, their speed is scaled to the player's current velocity + 1 meter per second.
- The player can steal the teacher's ID card to pass through the metal detectors and turn off the cameras.
- The teachers originally looked the same: They all had the Aoi Kiryu hair model from the Unity store but it was brown.
- Kyoshi is the only teacher who will give a smile look if a camera is aimed at them.
|“||What are you doing?! Put that down immediately! You'll be expelled for this!/What are you doing, carrying something like that around? Have fun explaining this to the guidance counselor!||”|
— After catching Ayano holding a weapon.
|“||How dare you walk into my classroom looking like that! Do you think this school is a joke?/What in the world happened to you?! Have you been fighting with other students?! The counselor will deal with this!||”|
— After catching Ayano covered in blood.
|“||What's wrong with you?! Control yourself! Behave properly this instant!/That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable! I believe that a trip to the guidance counselor is in order!||”|
— After catching Ayano being visibly insane/laughing, crouching, carrying a bucket when it is not cleaning time, carrying a water cooler, or caught her throw a bang snaps/stink bombs.
|“||I saw that! You disgusting pervert! That's absolutely unacceptable!/I saw that! You disgusting pervert! How could you do such a thing?! I'm taking you to the counselor immediately!||”|
— After catching Ayano taking panty shots.
|“||Are you lost? Do you have a reason to be here?/I'm very sorry, but you can't be here. I have to ask you to leave./You clearly don't have any business here. You need to go someplace else now./You are causing a disruption. You're going to be in big trouble if you don't get out.||”|
— When warning Ayano to leave a certain room, either the faculty or a classroom while class is in session, organized from the first to the last warning.
|“||Your conduct is unacceptable! Disciplinary measures will be taken!/This type of conduct will not be tolerated! You're going to the guidance counselor's office right away!||”|
— After running out of patience with Ayano for not leaving the certain room.
|“||Just what do you think you're doing?!||”|
— After resisting Ayano's attack before apprehending her.
|“||Please, try to make it to class on time. Take your seat./If you're late for class, I must mark you as absent. This will affect your grades./You obviously don't care about your education./Why do you even come to school?||”|
— After being late for class, organized by lateness.
|“||Dead?! Lead me to them!||”|
— After being informed by a student with the Teacher's Pet personality about a dead body.
|“||No! It can't be...||”|
— After discovering a corpse.
|“||This is a tragedy... Why would anyone do this/How could this happen? I'll call the police immediately.../I'll call the paramedics immediately... There's been a murder/death at Akademi... I need the police here right away!/We need help right away!||”|
— Calling the police/paramedics after discovering a corpse.
|“||Blood? This sounds bad. Show me.||”|
— After being informed by a student about blood.
|“||A...bloody weapon?! Take me to it!||”|
— After being informed by a student about bloody weapon.
|“||I've been instructed to call the police if I find blood on school premises. I wish I didn't have to do this, but it's mandatory. There may be a violent criminal at Akademi...we need the police right now!||”|
— Calling the police after discovering blood pool/bloody weapon.
|“||Dismembered?! Take me there right now!||”|
— After being informed by a student about dismembered limbs.
|“||This is absolutely horrific! How did this even happen?! I need to call the police...There may be a violent criminal at Akademi...we need the police right now!||”|
— Calling the police after discovering dismembered limbs.
|“||That's quite concerning. Please show it to me.||”|
— After being informed by a student about a dangerous weapon.
|“||Who left this here? How irresponsible! I'll take it to the faculty room.||”|
— After discovering a dangerous weapon.
|“||That blood... So it was YOU!||”|
— After Ayano shows up at the scene of the crime covered in blood, before chasing her.
|“||That weapon... So it was you?!||”|
— After Ayano shows up at the scene of the crime carrying a weapon, before chasing her.
|“||There's no doubt... It was YOU!||”|
— After Ayano shows up at the scene of the crime insane, before chasing her.
|“||You! You're trying to cover up a crime, aren't you?!||”|
— After Ayano shows up at the scene of the crime, and begins to mop the blood or hold bloody clothing, before chasing her.
|“||So, was this just a prank? I don't think it's very funny. Don't waste my time like this again.||”|
— Concluding that a Teacher's Pet's murder report was a prank if no evidence is found or if a students report to a teacher that blood pool, weapons, or limb is gone.
|“||What have you done?!/How could you?!/Stop right now!||”|
— After catching Ayano killing a student or dragging a corpse in front of her, followed by her chasing down Ayano.
|“||Put that down! Did you think you could get away with stealing? There will be serious consequences for this!/Put! That! DOWN! Did you think you could get away with stealing?! We'll see what the counselor has to say about this!||”|
|“||Someone tried to pull a prank? How childish...||”|
— A teacher after dismantling a Water Cooler trap.