Tatoro is a small turtle that lives in a tank in the far right area of the Light Music Club. He has a dark green shell, with a lighter shade of green on his flippers and head. There is a dark green heart spot on Tatoro's forehead. He has black eyes and no visible mouth.
As of August 15th, 2016 Build, the player has the option to pray to Tatoro to open a debug menu for testing sanity-dependent killing animations. Tatoro also has the option to "Forgive Sins", which will allow Ayano to regain full sanity, make all the blood on her disappear, and prevent Ayano from being arrested. This was added as a debug feature; in the final game, Tatoro will function as a normal turtle and will serve no purpose.
Tatoro will slowly swim around in circles inside his tank. Aside from that, he has no other routine.
- Tatoro was implemented in May 2nd, 2016 Build. He was added when YandereDev "added something cute to the Light Music Clubroom".
- His name is most likely a play on the word "turtle" but spoken with a japanese accent (tur-tle = tah-toh-ru).
- Before his tank was implemented in the May 6th, 2016 Build, he floated in the air because he was "magical".
- Inside Tatoro's tank, there is a Saikou record disk with the name "Only Wednesday Music" on it, a reference to a volunteer musician that produces music for the game.
- Druelbozo, a former volunteer, jokingly stated that Tatoro will be used to eliminate a rival in the most brutal fashion possible.
- On September 1st, 2016 Build, there is an Easter Egg that adds a female pink turtle named Tatoko into the tank, alongside Tatoro.
- YandereDev said that when the game is finished, the turtle will just be a decoration and will serve no purpose.