Sleuths will react in a variety of ways dependent on school atmosphere.
At above 80% atmosphere, Sleuths will:
- React to the murder of a regular NPC with the Social Butterfly persona.
- The leader will react with the Heroic persona.
- Have relaxed animations.
- Make a cute pose if Ayano aims her camera at them.
- Beruma will strike a suspicious pose regardless.
- Will chat and "goof" around in their clubroom.
- React with happy and playful dialogue.
- Will spend all their free time in their clubroom.
At below 80% atmosphere, Sleuths will:
- React to the murder of a regular NPC with the Phone Addict persona.
- Have paranoid and suspicious animations.
- Will look at Ayano suspiciously if she aims her camera at them.
- Will set up a make-shift crime scene and have serious discussions.
- React with serious dialogue.
- Spend their time investigating individual students, reconvening to share their findings.
Regardless of Atmosphere
- If Ayano kills a Sleuth in front of another, they will run up and attempt to apprehend her.
- If Ayano joins the Photography Club, Sleuths will no longer investigate her, as they trust her.
- Main Article: 1980s Mode
In 1980s Mode, the Sleuths will be more difficult to defeat. Once they take a picture of Ryoba, they will immediately dash out of the school and show the picture to the police, which will be an instant Game Over. If there is a small town ever implemented, Ryoba can chase down the sleuth as they are running to the station. If they make it before Ryoba can catch up to them, they will lock the door, which will lead to another game over. Ryoba cannot murder a sleuth within five meters of the police anyway, as they will still see.
Another way to make sleuths in the mode easier to defeat is for them to simply run to a guidance counselor, but it will still be an instant game over if they make it.
- If a Sleuth, as a mindslave, kills an NPC in front of Sleuths, the Sleuths that witnessed the murder will freeze in their 'shocked' animation and will slide instead of using their walking animation.
- Even if the Photography Club has been disbanded, the members will still retain their Sleuth persona.
- In "Personalities and Photography in Yandere Simulator", YandereDev considers the Sleuth persona to be the most dangerous to the player.
- It may be possible that in the future, the students with this persona might set up security cameras to catch the criminal. If the school refuses to do it, the amateurs will take it into their own hands.
- In the future, if a heroic student witnesses enough corpses or murder, they will change into this persona.
- YandereDev mentioned that students with the Sleuth persona in 1980s Mode will work differently.
- When the Journalist was a student, he likely had the Sleuth persona.
- Killing someone in front of a sleuth and getting away with the crime will cause every member of the Photography Club to switch to the Stalker persona, where they will follow you constantly to catch you doing anything incriminating.
|“||That sounded kind of... forced. You hiding something?||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has a low reputation.
|“||Thanks. Stay safe.||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has an average reputation.
|“||Thanks, glad to have you around.||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has a high reputation.