|Club|| No Club|
Martial Arts (formerly)
Raibaru has flushed cheeks, a soft smile, orange-amber eyes, and yellow skin. Her bright orange hair is worn in two slightly curled pigtails. To keep her hair up, she wears ruffled pink and white polka-dotted scrunchies and a purple ribbon. She also wears black shoes with white loose socks. Her bust size is 1.5. Her appearance is based on Rival-chan, the placeholder rival that used to stand under a tree in the plaza.
"Exactly one year before Yandere Simulator takes place, Raibaru was the president of the Martial Arts Club. She was a very good teacher, and taught many students self-defense, even if they weren't actually members of the club. Many students underestimated Raibaru due to her cute and girly appearance. A lot of students challenged her to duels, believing that they could easily defeat her...but she never lost a single match. She was very proud of her 100% win streak. It earned her the nickname of "The Indestructible Rival".
Raibaru's star pupil was Budo. Budo learned many things from his sensei Raibaru, and held an immense amount of respect for her. At the end of the semester, Budo unexpectedly challenged Raibaru to a duel. She accepted his challenge, and to everyone's surprise, Budo defeated Raibaru, shattering the 100% win streak that she had worked so hard to maintain. However, Raibaru was not angry when she was defeated; she was relieved! For a long time, she had wanted to stop practicing martial arts and pick up another hobby, but she felt obligated to keep practicing martial arts just because of her winning streak. Now that her streak was broken, and one of her own students had surpassed her, she felt like it was finally okay to quit martial arts. Raibaru resigned as the club's president, and promoted Budo to the position of club leader. All of her pupils were very sad to see her go, but they respected her decision, and accepted Budo as their new club president.
After the school semester ended, Raibaru made a new friend - Osana Najimi. They spent a lot of time with one another, and quickly became the best of friends. In fact, the two of them grew so close that they even started to wear matching accessories! At the point in time when Yandere Simulator takes place, it's extremely rare to see Osana without Raibaru at her side. The two of them have become almost inseparable.
Even though she's not participating in the Martial Arts club anymore, Raibaru is still at peak physical condition, and is more than capable of breaking bones in order to protect herself or her friends. This means that the safest place in school is at Raibaru's side."
Among the personas currently implemented in the game, Raibaru has the Protective persona. If her persona is given to another student via JSON, they will do a suspicious pose if Ayano aims her camera at them. If they witness a murder, they will run to Ayano and apprehend her with no struggle mini-game. If Ayano was to try and attack them, by stealth or a frontal attack, they are able to sense and dodge the attack, after which they will apprehend her immediately without a struggle mini-game, similar to the outcome of Ayano attacking a teacher without raising her Physical Education, with a non-concealable weapon or before they were killable.
As shown in the video and the incomplete nature of the persona currently in the game, Raibaru's behavior will be slightly different when she is implemented. If she witnesses Ayano murdering someone, she will be angered and chase after her to pin her down. However, as she is stronger than the other students, self-defense is useless against her and she does not trigger a struggle mini-game. Additionally, because of her immense strength and her determination to stop Ayano, when she catches her she will karate chop her in the right arm, breaking it and causing Ayano to drop the weapon she is holding before pinning her down and breaking her right wrist as well. In addition, Raibaru can sense danger and if Ayano tries to attack her, she will struggle with her for a moment before breaking her arm and apprehending her in the same way. Not even a stealth attack with maximum self-defense can defeat her. Other students, if befriended or seduced, will refuse to distract her (which involves asking an embarrassing question) since they don't want to get on her bad side.
Raibaru appears to be serene, cute, and girly, but she is actually tough, scary, and brutal around criminals, She is only sociable and open to Osana Najimi, encouraging her, cheering her up and giving tips about Senpai, offering her help when she overhears that Osana is troubled, and even shows her the clubs. She also stalks Osana's conversation with Senpai to give advice. Her friendship with Osana is so strong that she will refuse to talk to others and ignore auditory distractions such as giggling (but not laughing insanely) and the radio when hanging out with her so as to avoid ignoring her.
As seen by her reactions to attacking her and the murder of others, Raibaru has a strong sense of justice and a lot of self-determination, as she refuses to die when Ayano tries to kill her and refuses to let her escape and potentially murder others, chasing after her to apprehend her, traits which are also seen in Budo and the other Martial Arts Club members. Unlike her pupils, however, she is willing to do anything to stop Ayano, up to and including breaking her arm (which is unnecessary as seen by how she can be apprehended normally).
It is currently unknown what her official routine will be. If currently modded into the game, she will talk with Osana near the tree where Rival-chan would stand at, follow Osana around, and if too far, would run towards her, which shows she is a huge obstacle in killing Osana.
The topics Raibaru is Negative/Neutral/Positive about are as follows:
- Video Games
- Light Music
- Martial Arts
- Everything else.
- Main Article: Osana Najimi
She will be overly close and protective of Osana, having most of her daily routine following her around the school; creating a grand obstacle for Ayano and she is her best friend.
- Main Article: Budo Masuta
Budo is her former disciple and the one who defeated her winning streak. She allowed him to succeed her as president of the Martial Arts Club as a reward for defeating her.
- She is currently the only student with the Protective Persona.
- In the YouTube video revealing her identity, YandereDev revealed that Raibaru can be defeated (necessary to kill Osana, as she cannot be killed or distracted normally). However, he states that while he usually explains things in detail like how to defeat Raibaru, he will not tell the game's players how to defeat her as he is leaving them to find out for themselves once she is implemented, in order to provide an actual challenge to players instead of them immediately finding out how to defeat her and easily beating her.
- YandereDev has stated that you may be able to befriend her.
- YandereDev has stated that she is a senior, since her backstory won't be able to work out if she's a junior.
- She is not a fan of Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki.
- She is heavily based off Rival-chan, including many jokes surrounding her.
- Her appearance is taken almost directly from Rival-chan.
- Her backstory as Osana's best friend provides the reason for her extremely similar appearance to Osana. Rival-chan herself was also the original design for Osana.
- Her nickname as "The Indestructible Rival" is based off of the "Indestructible Rival" video series on YandereDev's YouTube Channel. The video also stems from the concept that Rival-chan is literally indestructible, while Raibaru will also be near-unkillable when she is implemented.
- Rival-chan and Raibaru both share the design of the Unity Asset character named Satomi Makise.
- Raibaru is not the one who put the Mysterious Tapes around the school.
- Her name "Raibaru" (ライバル) directly translates to "rival", while her surname "Fumetsu" (不滅) translates to "indestructible" or "immortal" in Japanese.
- According to YandereDev, she is just as strong as Osoro Shidesu.
- If Raibaru is in the area while Osana is dead, she will always pursue Ayano regardless of the method used to kill Osana, even if Ayano was not witnessed directly committing murder.
- If one currently uses methods to implement her into the game, Info-chan will say that she, perhaps surprisingly, does not have a phone, and thus, Info-chan is unable to send her disturbing text messages.
|“||Ah!! What are you doing?! Are you crazy?! I won't let you hurt me!||”|
— Blocking the attack of Ayano.
|“||What are you DOING?! STOP!!||”|
— Witnessing a murder.
|“||You won't get away with this!||”|
— Running to apprehend Ayano.
|“||I'm sorry Osana, I overheard your phone call earlier. You sounded really upset. Is something wrong? Please, tell me what's wrong. I'll listen. You got a stalker? Oh my gosh, that's horrible. We need to tell the police before he does something bad. What? What will he do? What is it? Is he blackmailing you? Are you... hiding some kind of secret? Osana, I'm trying to avoid talking of this, but I'm actually very strong, if you tell me who is doing this to you, I'll stop them. ...if you say so, but now I'm really worried.||”|
— Raibaru during her conversation with Osana on the rooftop.