|Members||Chojo Tekina, Daku Atsu, Kokuma Jutsu, Supana Churu, Toga Tabara (formerly)|
The Occult Club room is located on the first floor in the northern wing. The floor has a purple and black checkerboard color scheme, and the walls are purple as well. On the floor is a large black rug decorated with an inverted pentacle and ten candles around it. There are five inverted pentacle posters on the walls. One of the inverted pentacles hangs above the altar in the back of the room. The altar holds a skull, a book, a ritual knife, and six goblets. The windows are covered with thick curtains.
As of the January 1st, 2016 Build, the club has several bookshelves and high-backed purple armchairs where club members will sit and read the Necronomicon. There will be more pages in the books when more features are added to the Occult Club.
As of the February 15th, 2019 Build, the club has two large wooden tables that reside left and right of the altar, whereas a candle can be found on the left table.
Joining the Club
To join the club, Ayano will have to talk to Shin Higaku and select the "Join" option on the interaction wheel. Afterwards, Ayano can participate in club activities. Once joined, Ayano will wear a black crescent moon choker around her neck.
While Ayano is a member of this club, her sanity will deplete at 50% of the normal rate and students will take longer to notice her engaging in suspicious or rude activity. This means that it will take ten kills to become fully insane instead of five, if not combined with any other factors.
Every day before class, members of this club will enter the room. Then they will walk around the school, searching five of the Seven Mysteries of Akademi, a series of urban legends connected to the school.
If the player joins in with club activities from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, they will all try to perform rituals like the "Sachiko Ever After" ritual from Corpse Party, though they cannot accomplish anything. Usually, the members will attempt to summon a demon, albeit unsuccessfully.
In the first three weeks of the full game, Shin Higaku will substitute for Oka as president, since Oka will not be present at first. The player will still be able to participate in club activities, however, until the president finally comes back.
- Main Article: Demonic Ritual
If the player uses a ritual knife to kill a student and puts it back into the altar, they will be taken to a black void where they can converse with demons. Only three of them, the Empty Demon, the Flame Demon, and the Pain Demon, have an Easter Egg that can be activated at this time.
After completing the Pain demon's ritual, ten bloody, white hands will rise from the ground around Ayano, who no longer has pupils and will start to levitate. NPCs other than Senpai will immediately be dismembered upon being hit by the hands.
After completing the Flame demon's ritual, two flame orbs will appear floating on Ayano's hands, her pupils will turn white and she will begin to levitate in a long grey dress. By holding the left CTRL key, flames will shoot out of Ayano's hands, setting fire to NPCs in their path.
After completing the Empty demon's ritual, the day will restart and appear as the School Atmosphere dropped. By pressing the CTRL key, you can toggle growing spider legs on your back, and have the ability to summon a clone of the Empty Demon to eat said student. All club leaders will also turn into Placeholder club leaders.
- Oka Ruto (Club Leader)
- Shin Higaku (Substitute Club Leader)
- Chojo Tekina
- Daku Atsu
- Kokuma Jutsu
- Supana Churu
- Ayano Aishi (Player Choice)
- Toga Tabara (2022)
- Gakuto Imakake (Club Leader; 1989)
- Hachiro Iso (1989)
- Ichiei Nakayama (1989)
- Eiko Noguchi (1989)
- Fujie Haijima (1989)
- Ryoba Aishi (Player Choice; 1989)
Students in school consider the members of the Occult Club to be very strange, but harmless. Since they are indifferent towards people in the Occult Club, it will take longer for them to notice Ayano's suspicious activities.
The Occult Club does not have a specific religion or any religious beliefs. They simply believe that there are supernatural beings out there and their goal is to prove that these beings exist or to contact them.
Oka Ruto, a rival, is the founder and president of this Occult Club at Akademi. There have been only two Occult Clubs throughout the school's history. There was a short-lived one that existed for only one season in 1989, and then another one that was created in 2017 by Oka Ruto.
Leaving and Disbanding
Ayano will be kicked out from this club if any member of this club witnesses her kill another student on the previous day. Shin will believe that Ayano is a demon, and he will force her to leave out of fear. If the player avoids speaking directly to him, she will be kicked out of the club via text message at the end of the school day. If Shin is killed, goes missing, or there are less than five members in the club, the club will disband. Once the club closes, the door to the room will be locked and its members will not wear the black choker anymore.
In the future, Ayano will also be kicked out if the player does not participate in club activities at least once a week.
The player can ask permission to leave, but once they leave, they can never join again.
- According to Druelbozo, YandereDev specifically requested that he make all students in this club look similar to Oka Ruto. Druelbozo has said that they may have different hair colors in the future.
- The male members of the club have a unique expression on their faces, unlike the rest of the male students currently implemented, who share the same the same expression as Senpai. They additionally do not change their expression regardless of what animation is being played.
- Most Occult Club Members have their right eye covered, the exceptions being Oka Ruto and Shin Higaku.
- As of the January 1st, 2016 Build, every member has the Loner persona except for Daku Atsu, who is a Teacher's Pet. In the future, Oka Ruto may also have a different persona--one unique to rivals.
- However, as of the February 1st, 2016 Build, Oka, Supana, and Kokuma were given the Coward persona and Daku Atsu the Loner persona.
- As of September 2nd, 2017 Build, every member of the occult club now have Coward persona, with the exception of Daku Atsu, who is a Teacher's Pet.
- As of August 18th, 2018 Build, Daku now has Coward persona, just like the other member of the occult club. And Shin is the only club member who now has Teacher's Pet persona.
- It's possible that in the future, if any member of this club sees Ayano commit murder while Ayano is a member of that club, Ayano will not be kicked out from this club. Since all of the members of this club (With the exception of Shin Higaku) have coward persona.
- As of the December 3rd, 2015 Build, dark ambient music will play when standing inside the club room.
- YandereDev once said that most students in this club were Loners with "shy" animations. They were said to not wear special stockings, but would wear simple black leggings. It's possible that this will happen in the full game, or that this statement was slightly inaccurate.
- There may be an event in the future where a member can interact with Sumire Saitozaki.
- Additionally, one of Oka Ruto's eliminations will involve her.
- The room was implemented in the November 15th, 2015 Build.
- The hands rising out of the ground are a reference to Dead Hand from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- If the player examines the Cheese Storage Room, the skull on the table will gain a blue eye. The eye will stop glowing the next day. This is a reference to the indie video game Undertale.
- There used to be a debug command D that would spawn many severed arms inside the Occult Room. Pressing it twice would activate the Pain's ritual. It was exclusive to the first version of the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- If the player presses Left Control in the debug menu, the day will skip to 4:55 PM, and the player will be teleported to the Occult Club with Oka Ruto, if she is on campus.
- A poster of the Occult Club can be found by the Locker Room as of the March 31st, 2016 Build.
- In the future, it may be possible for the player to wear a long black robe as part of this club. It is a recolor of the rain coat.
- The reason they cover their eyes will be revealed during week 4, Oka's week.
- There was no Occult Club after Ryoba's second year of Akademi and before Ayano's second year.
- There is a rumor at school that Oka asked each of her clubmembers to pluck out one of their own eyes so that she could perform a demon-summoning ritual that requires a sacrifice of 5 eyes. However, these rumors have never been confirmed.