- Not to be confused with Easter Egg modes, the two modes of Kuudere Simulator, or the three modes of Kuudere Simulator 2'.
Modes are the different versions of Yandere Simulator that affect gameplay. They will be fully implemented in the future.
There are currently four planned modes and four modes implemented so far. Certain modes, excluding Story Mode, will be inaccessible in the demo. YandereDev wants the other modes to take about one month to fully implement.
- Story Mode
- 1980s Mode
- Endless Mode
- Custom Mode
- Pose Mode
- Mission Mode
- LoveSick Mode
- Main Article: Yandere Simulator
- Main Article: Mission Mode
Mission Mode is a mode where the player is given missions in which they need to kill a certain student. Increasing the difficulty level will result in more objectives that the player must complete.
- Main Article: 1980s Mode
1980s Mode is a mode where the player plays as Ryoba Aishi, Ayano's mother, who was the yandere of 1989 from the Mysterious Tapes. It has a different story with different rivals and is not as elaborate as Story Mode. There are no phones, internet, Info-chan, or anything that didn't exist in the 1980s. This mode has stricter school rules and some backstory.
- Main Article: LoveSick Mode
- Main Article: Pose Mode
- Main Article: Endless Mode
This mode may have been renamed to "Random Mode".
- Main Article: Custom Mode
- There might be a mode called "Endless Summer" where the player can continue playing forever, even though there are no longer any objectives. 
- There might also be a mode called "Sandbox Mode" where the player has access to debug commands.
- 1980s Mode is meant to be the most difficult of them all. According to YandereDev,it came out easier than in his head.
- In Story Mode, the rivals will remain female, even if there is a female Senpai. In other modes, there might be male rivals instead.