Mission Mode is a mode in Yandere Simulator.
This mode features a storyline that is in a separate reality from the main 'Story Mode' in which Ayano Aishi plays as a 'killer for hire' employed by Info-chan, who specifically targets Akademi High School students.
This mode is accessed through the game's main menu.
In this mode, Ayano will be given a random student to kill. Depending on the difficulty level, there will be other requirements that she will have to fulfill, such as killing the student with a particular weapon.
The player's objectives for the mission can be seen at any time when the game is paused. Once Ayano has completed all of her objectives, she can exit the school via a portal by the entrance.
In Mission Mode, Senpai is dead since Ayano killed him.
When using Yandere Vision, Ayano's target will be highlighted in red.
The reputation meter is replaced with an awareness meter. It will increase when students see Ayano acting suspiciously (e.g. holding a weapon). If the awareness meter reaches 100, Ayano will fail the mission as she has blown her cover.
If enabled, security cameras and metal detectors will appear in school. Being seen by a camera while acting suspiciously, or brandishing a metal weapon while passing through a metal detector, will cause Ayano to fail the mission. The player must be careful to avoid the cameras, and the metal detectors can be disabled with a screwdriver.
When starting this mode, the player can change the mission's difficulty level. There are 10 levels, and each level will add one unique step that Ayano will have to complete to complete the mission. If Ayano does not complete all of the steps given, she will fail the mission.
The difficulty level will also affect the school's atmosphere, with higher difficulty levels resulting in a lower school atmosphere, making it harder for Ayano to go unnoticed.
If the player goes to the 'Design Mission' option on the Mission Mode menu, they will be able to design their own missions. Players are able to choose factors such as the difficulty, objectives and their target.
In addition to this, players are also able to create a unique 19 digit code for their missions, meaning that the missions can be shared. To access it, the player must go to the 'Load' option on the main menu and type the code, known as a Mission ID, into the box.
- Main Article: Nemesis
If enabled, Nemesis will appear on school grounds and will actively try to hunt and kill Ayano.
|You must kill the target with a knife/katana/syringe/pair of scissors/box cutter/screwdriver/circular saw/occult ritual knife/baseball bat/shovel/dumbbell/axe/magical girl wand.||The player must use the requested weapon to kill their target.|
|You must kill the target while wearing a school uniform/swimsuit/gym uniform/painter's smock/martial artist's gi.||The player must kill their target while wearing the requested clothing.|
|You must dispose of the target's corpse by incinerating it/shredding it/burying it.||The player must dispose of the target's corpse with the requested method.|
|Kill ONLY the target.||The player must kill only their target.|
|No witnesses.||The player cannot be seen by other students or faculty members while killing someone or carrying a corpse.|
|No corpses discovered.||No students, faculty or security cameras may find a corpse.|
|Dispose of the murder weapon.||The player must dispose of the weapon used to kill the target.|
|Clean all blood||The player must clean any bloodstain left on the school grounds.|
|Complete the mission within 10 minutes.||The player must complete the mission within the time limit.|
|Don't let students observe your suspicious behavior.||The player cannot be seen by students or faculty members while doing any activity considered suspicious.|
|Don't let security cameras observe your suspicious behavior.||Security cameras will appear on school grounds. The player must be careful to not be seen by them while doing any activity considered suspicious.|
|Don't pass through metal detectors while carrying a weapon.||Metal detectors will appear on school corridors. The player can't go through them carrying the knife, ritual knife, scissors, katana, box cutter, shovel, dumbbell, axe, or screwdriver. The screwdriver can be used to disable metal detectors.|
|You are not allowed to speak to any students, except for club leaders.||The ability to talk with students is disabled. It is still possible to talk with Shoku Tsuburaya, Tsuruzo Yamazaki, Shin Higaku, Geiju Tsuka, Miyuji Shan, Budo Masuta, Fureddo Jonzu, Kaga Kusha, Gema Taku, Uekiya Engeika and Itachi Zametora.|
|You must find a key, unlock a safe, and steal documents from it.||A safe and its key will appear in the Headmaster's Office. The player must take this key, open the safe and steal the documents inside.|
If the player chooses this option, the player would be allowed to kill 10 students in this option, instead of kill 1 student. Failing to follow the objectives of the elimination method in Multi Missions will result in the multi-mission failed.
|Drowning||The player can complete this elimination method by sending a note to their locker or put an emetic poison to the student's bento. And there, it is possible to drown them.|
|Crushing||The player can complete this elimination method by sending a note to their locker, and meet them at the outside cafeteria. And there, the player would be able to crush that student. However, choosing to crush delinquents with this method is impossible to crush them.|
|Poison||The player can complete this elimination method by putting a lethal poison in the student's bento, and that student will be poisoned. However, choosing to poison Gema Taku, Miyuji Shan, The Bullies, and The Student Council Members with this method is impossible to poison them, since they don't have their routine to eat bento.|
|Push||The player can complete this elimination method by sending a note to their locker, and meet them at the rooftop, and they will fall to death. And there, the player would be able to push that student. However, choosing to push the delinquents with this method is impossible to push them.|
|Attacking||The player can complete this elimination method by attacking students instantly.|
|Electrocution||The player can complete this elimination method by sabotage the water sink, give the salty snack to students, and they will be electrocuted. However, choosing to electrocute the delinquents and Kenko is impossible, since they reject the salty snack from the player. However, they will still be electrocuted if the player uses the other options of this method.|
|Burning||The player can complete this elimination method by set a trap of bucket that contains gasoline, and when student got splashed with gasoline, and pass through the candle, they will burn to death.|
- This mode was added in the November 15th, 2016 Build.
- This mode was inspired by the escalation missions in the Hitman (2016) video game.
- Senpai and Kocho Shuyona do not appear in this mode.
- YandereDev has mentioned several features he would like to add to Mission Mode, in the event it gains more popularity:
- A leaderboard system, where players can share their scores
- Achievements, that players can earn by doing certain tasks
- Only the 5th uniform is available in this mode.
- The awareness meter, metal detectors, security cameras, the safe and Nemesis were implemented in the December 16th, 2016 Build.
- The previously removed book, 'How To Hentai Without Hentaing' by Senpai, is found inside the safe during this mode.
- The school atmosphere is set to 0% in this mode.
- Due to this, all students appear paranoid and the Photography Club members actively check on each student to ensure they are not a killer.
- In the March 15th, 2020 build, the "Aggression " condition for nemesis was added. If activated, Nemesis will become aggressive and run towards Ayano when she sees her.
- In the above build, Nemesis' path finding has improved and she can spot the player from even further away.
- As of June 1st, 2020 Build, the player is able to fire members from the student council. When a member gets kicked, they will behave like normal students, allowing Ayano to use multiple elimination methods on them that would otherwise be impossible. They will use the heroic persona and be as strong as Budo Masuta. They will not be able to push or pepper spray Ayano, and will not dodge buckets of water, gasoline, or blood atop swinging doors.
- During Mission Mode, Osana Najimi and Raibaru Fumetsu's schedules change so they are not with each other.
- Osana now patrols the school, and Raibaru now mourns at the tree she usually talks to Osana.
- During Mission Mode, Raibaru uses the Heroic persona and is as strong as Budo Masuta.