On the Schemes menu, the description is, "This scheme will end with your rival falling in love with another student."
Each rival will have a crush other than Senpai, so the player will be able to matchmake every single rival with a male suitor. When they have been eliminated peacefully, all normal NPC interactions become available for the rivals afterwards. However, Mida Rana and Muja Kina will disappear from the game when their week ends even if they are eliminated non-lethally, due to not currently having a reason to stay at the school for any longer.
As of the September 22nd, 2016 Build, Ayano Aishi can find out what her rival likes in a boy by performing a task for the rival, allowing her to get the rival to follow her. Then, she must take the rival around school and pass different male students to see if the rival blushes and gazes towards them. If the rival does, then the player must correctly identify what the rival finds attractive about them.
Ayano must then complete a task for the suitor to gain his trust. This unlocks a "Love" option in the interaction wheel. Selecting this option allows Ayano to name the suitor's crush. If she names his crush correctly, the suitor will then ask her for advice on how to win the rival's heart. This unlocks the matchmaking menu.
In order to make the suitor interact with the rival, Ayano needs to purchase a wireless headset and earpiece from the Drops menu for five panty shots, to give advice to the suitor while he is interacting with the rival. Ayano then needs to befriend the rival and use the Court option to tell the rival that someone wants to meet her at the east fountain. Ayano also must tell the suitor that the rival is waiting for him at the fountain and that she will guide him using the wireless headset.
Once both the rival and the suitor are at the east fountain, Ayano has to hide behind a nearby tree and give the suitor advice while he talks to his crush. In the matchmaking interface, to increase the rival's affection, the suitor can either give a negative remark, a positive remark, a compliment, show off to the rival, or give the rival a gift. Each action can be performed only once per day. How many points a good action gives depends on a multiplier.
Ayano must find out more about the rival in order for the interaction to go smoothly. She can ask the rival to walk around the school with her. Occasionally, the rival will voice her opinion on certain things that she passes by, such as her likes and dislikes. This allows Ayano to advise the suitor on what negative or positive remarks to give when he is interacting with the rival. As of the June 15th, 2019 build, the player can also 'Cyberstalk' a rival at nighttime on the PC to instantly find out what her opinions are.
If Ayano manages to figure out what features the rival is attracted to, she can advise the suitor to change his appearance based on what the rival is attracted to. This increases the multiplier boost during the matchmaking interaction.
Ayano must 'train' the suitor to acquire non-physical traits that the rival finds attractive. If a rival is attracted to intelligence, then Ayano must study with the suitor, increasing his wisdom. He can then use what he learned to impress the rival.
Ayano can also locate something on school grounds that would make a good gift, such as a rose, and give it to the suitor; this allows the suitor to give the gift to the rival during the matchmaking interaction.
When complimenting the rival, the suitor must pick the correct type of compliment that displays common sense and suits the rival's personality. Certain rivals would prefer a romantic compliment to a vulgar one.
On Friday, the rival will have to choose whether to confess to Senpai or to her suitor. If the rival's affection for the suitor is at 100%, she will leave a love note at the suitor's locker, asking him to meet her at the Confession Tree. The suitor will see this note and rush off to see the rival. After this, a cutscene where the rival confesses her love to the suitor will play; they will kiss and start a relationship.
On subsequent days after the rival confesses her love, she and her suitor can be seen acting like a couple: they hold each other's hand while walking to school and cuddle together on the rooftop during lunchtime.
Matchmaking Two NPCs
If it is possible to matchmake two NPCs, the process will be much simpler. The player will still have to perform tasks to be their friend. The "Matchmaker" option will appear in the task wheel and then she will have to say to them, "I think you and her/him would make a good pair". After that, Ayano will have to use the "Go Away" option so that they will interact with each other. The player must tell the rival before the suitor or else the option to tell the suitor will be unavailable. Their "Affection" will be at 33% after this.
To make them interact again, Ayano will have to run around the school with the NPC and find what the female NPC likes and dislikes. At the top of the screen, it should say "Learned New Opinion". She will then have to tell the male NPC the information and make them interact again. Their "Affection" will be at 66%. She must repeat the same process once more, which will make the "Affection" at 100%. If her Psychology or Seduction stats are high enough, she can give advice to one of the NPCs, which will allow them to perform a love confession.
As the rival begins to fall more and more for the suitor, her interactions with him will change slightly.
If her affection is at 0%, she will frown and have unimpressed, bored dialogue.
If her affection is at 50%, she will blush, smile and have flirtatious dialogue.
If her affection is at 100%, she will be completely infatuated.
Multipliers will cause a suitor to earn more affection with his crush. A 1x multiplier will give him 1 point per positive interaction and a 5x multiplier will give him 5 points per positive interaction. It isn't possible for the affection meter to be filled in five days without a 5x multiplier. The more physical traits that the suitor has that the rival likes, the higher the multiplier. An 11x multiplier can be achieved by a suitor having all the traits the rival finds attractive, wearing the pink panties that provide a matchmaking boost, and having Ayano's seduction level at max.
A suitor giving a gift to a rival is a way to increase the rival's affection. These gifts can be found on school grounds. As of the August 31st 2020 Build/Official demo, the player can also purchase gifts from the gift shop in town and give them to Kyuji Konagawa if they intend to eliminate Osana through matchmaking.
- Matchmaking was implemented in the September 22nd, 2016 Build.
- If too many rivals are eliminated this way, Senpai will assume that he is not as appealing as other boys are and that no girl will ever love him.
- In the future, Mida Rana will be paired up with another student. Muja Kina may be paired up with a faculty member.
- If the player chooses a female Senpai, the rivals will still remain female and the suitors will remain male. However, the idea of a female Senpai may not remain in the final game.
- If Ayano kills a rival's suitor after they have been paired, the rival will be too sad to pursue another person, Senpai included.
- Part of the summary of Language states that Ayano would be able to write fake love letters. Originally, YandereDev planned for Ayano to able to pair up a rival and suitor this way, but he has reconsidered this idea. Logically, it would be very easy for the students to realize that the letters were fake and cause the mission to fail.
- The matchmaking mini game may freeze if the player set the game settings to the lowest and the draw distance doesn't reach where it takes place.
- It's possible that in the future, If the student has a crush on "????" (Currently, only has a crush on "????" are Kyuji Konagawa, Toga Tabara, Shoku Tsuburaya, Tsuruzo Yamazaki, Shin Higaku, Iruka Dorufino, Umeji Kizuguchi, Kaga Kusha), They might be the suitor of the rivals. However, it is unknown who are 2 students who have a crush on "????". Since the students crush on "????" has 8 Students.
- As of April 10th, 2020 Build, this elimination method has been removed from the game. YandereDev stated that he might put this elimination method back once the demo is released.
- This method was reintroduced into the game along with the expulsion elimination method in the August 31st 2020 build/official demo.