Loner is one of the many personas that appear in Yandere Simulator. It was originally called the Coward persona, and was implemented in the February 28th, 2015 Build. It was later renamed to Loner on the December 1st, 2015 Build.
If an NPC with the Loner persona sees the player commit murder, they'll be shocked for about five seconds. The player can use this opportunity to kill the student before they start running. All Loners are incapable of self-defense.
If Ayano Aishi wears the Cute Bear Panties, any person who has seen the player commit the crime will be shocked for seven seconds instead. After their shock has passed, they will then run out of school grounds and call the police. Once they have left through the school gates, Ayano will have five minutes to dispose of the corpse, weapon, and bloody uniform, as well as to clean any pools of blood.
The next day, the Loner will refuse to talk to the player, saying that they know what Ayano has done and threatening to tell everyone about it. Each day that they are left alive will damage Ayano's reputation by 10 points.
If somebody has been poisoned, a Loner will report it to their teacher, as they will not have any reason to believe that a murder may have taken place. If a teacher has already been alerted, a Loner will run to their classroom, exclaiming that they need to hide. A Loner's reaction to a poisoning is the same as a Teacher's Pet's typical reaction to murder (However, this only happens in older builds, because in newer build of Yandere Simulator, they react to their own persona instead of telling teachers that somebody poisoned).
Depending on which Loner Ayano is pointing a camera at, they will either cover their face or look suspiciously at them. If Ayano aims her camera at Senpai then he will start to get worried about her behavior.
If Ayano is in the Photography Club, they will instead stand still.
- Geiju Tsuka
- Gema Taku
- Kuu Dere
- Kyuji Konagawa
- Miyuji Shan (If her club disbands.)
- Toga Tabara
- An original idea for stalling Loners was to lock up the front doors with something heavy, so they could not flee. YandereDev is not sure if this idea will work anymore.
- Even if the school gates have closed for classes, Loners will still be able to flee through a smaller door to the left side of the gates.
- As of the April 1st, 2016 Build, any student who goes to change clothes and sees a dead body will switch from their original persona to the loner persona, fleeing the school.
- Kyuji and Toga are the only students who react to the camera with suspicion, even though they have loner persona.
- Senpai is the only student who has a unique reaction when he sees Ayano commit murder, even though he has a loner persona.
- In the future, if a Social Butterfly witnesses enough murder or corpses, they may become a Loner.
- Art Club Members (With the exception of Geiju Tsuka) were used this persona in July 1st, 2018 Build, but as of July 2nd, 2018 Build, Maka Tansei, Efude Nurimono, and Enpitsu Byoga now have Social Butterfly persona, while Borupen has a spiteful persona.
|“||Oh my God! Is that a dead body?!||”|
— A Loner's dialogue upon discovering a dead body.
|“||Oh my god! This can't be happening!||”|
— A Loner's reaction to Ayano murdering someone.
|“||Stay away from me!||”|
— A Loner running away after witnessing a murder.
|“||I've got to find a place to hide!||”|
— A Loner when witnessing a poisoned student (This only happens in older builds).
|“||Don't talk to me! I know you killed someone. I'll make sure everyone knows what you've done.||”|
— Attempting to talk to the student after they have witnessed murder.
|“||Don't bother me!/Go away!/Don't talk to me!/Get away from me!/Leave me alone!||”|
— Attempting to talk to them after them after they state they will tell everyone what they saw.
— When complimented while Ayano has a low reputation.
— When complimented while Ayano has an average reputation.
— When complimented while Ayano has a high reputation.