|Role||Student (1980s Mode)|
|Persona||Heroic (10/10/2021) |
|Strength||Incapable (2/1/16 – 8/18/2018)|
Very Weak (11/15/15 – 1/15/16, 10/11/2021)
|Appears||Week 1 (1980s Mode)|
Before she was reintroduced in 1980s Mode, she was one of the female students who attended Akademi in 202X Mode. She appeared in Buraza Town as a background character, along with the other removed students. However, she has finally been relocated to 1980s Mode.
Koharu wears the default 1980s uniform.
She has green hair tied into pigtails that reach down past her shirt collar. Her bangs reach to her eyes, with two strands on either side of her face that reach her lips. Her eyes are green as well.
Koharu wore the default uniform, unless customized by the player.
As of the March 1st, 2015 Build, she had lime green hair worn in pigtails on both sides of her head and her eyes were lime green as well.
As of the February 8th, 2016 Build, she had clover green hair with messy pigtails and parted bangs. Her eyes were dark green. Her bust size was 1.1
As of the January 16th, 2017 Build, she had messier pigtails and wore a green friendship bracelet on her right wrist.
As of the February 2nd, 2017 Build, she wore green stockings and panties.
As of the June 1st, 2017 Build, she had bright green hair.
"A bubbly and easily excitable girl. Always an energetic ball of sunshine. Nothing makes her more happy than seeing her friends smile."
Among the personas that are currently implemented in the game, Koharu is Heroic. If she sees a corpse, she will act upon the Teacher's Pet persona. If she witnesses a murder, she will run to fight Ryoba Aishi, despite having very weak self-defense.
During Week 10, Koharu helps with Sonoko Sakanoue's investigation and uses the Sleuth persona. She will take a photo of Ryoba committing murder or of the corpse and run to show it to the police, who are just outside the school. This will cause an instant Game Over if the photo is of Ryoba committing murder, as Ryoba will be arrested.
Koharu had the Social Butterfly persona. She would happily pose for a picture if Ayano Aishi aimed her camera at her. If she saw a corpse or witnessed a murder, she would run to the nearest secluded area and call the police. Koharu's self-defense during a physical fight was very weak. She later became incapable of participating in physical fights against murderers.
Koharu's default reputation is +40.
At 1:00 PM, she heads to the rooftop, along with the rest of the rainbow students and Kaguya, to eat lunch. She heads back to class at 1:25 PM, then participates in Cleaning Time at 3:30 PM, cleaning Classroom 2-2.
At 4:00 PM, she heads to her locker, changes her shoes, then walks out of school with the rest of the rainbow students.
Week 3 and Week 7
Koharu changes her shoes at 7:00 AM, then goes straight to the library and reads along with the other rainbow girls. At 8:00 AM, she then goes to class in Classroom 1-1.
At 1:00 PM, she then heads to the rooftop, along with the rest of the rainbow students and Kaguya, to eat lunch. Koharu heads back to class at 1:25 PM, then participates in Cleaning Time at 3:30 PM, cleaning Classroom 2-2.
At 4:00 PM, she later heads back to the library and continues reading with the other rainbow girls.
At 4:30 PM, she lastly heads to her locker, changes her shoes, then walks out of school with the rest of the rainbow students.
During Week 8, Koharu talks with Komako Funakoshi in the plaza, most likely because she wants to be more like her.
At 7:00 AM, Koharu enters the school grounds and immediately investigates various students, including Ryoba Aishi.
At 8:00 AM, she walks to Classroom 1-1 and sits at her desk. She starts her morning classes at 8:30 AM and leaves to once again investigate various students at 1:00 PM.
She walks back to class again at 1:30 PM and participates in cleaning time between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Afterward, she will continue to investigate various students until the end of the day.
At 7:05 AM, Koharu entered the school grounds. She walked to her locker at 7:10 AM and changed from her outdoor shoes to her indoor shoes. At 7:15 AM, she walked into the plaza, to the left side of the fountain, and gossiped with Yui Rio, Yuna Hina, Mei Mio, Saki Miyu, and Kokona Haruka, as well as with Musume Ronshaku before the bullies were implemented.
She lastly walked back to class again at 1:30 PM and participated in cleaning time between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Afterwards, she headed to the Cooking Club and stayed there until 5:00 PM. She then headed to her locker and changed from her indoor shoes to her outdoor shoes, then she lingered there until 5:15 PM, when she walked home.
The topics towards Koharu are (Negative/Positive/Neutral) as follows:
- Everything else.
- Her hairstyle was changed in the February 8th, 2016 Build because YandereDev thought that her previous hairstyle was "low budget" and "amateur-ish".
- It was changed again in the January 16th, 2017 Build.
- Then it changed again in the June 1st, 2017 Build.
- Her name is a reference to the most popular female Japanese names in 2012, 5th popular being Koharu, 6th popular being Hinata.
- Her name, Koharu, means ”small” (ko, 小) and "spring" (haru, 春).
- The name Hinata is also used as a surname in Japan. As a surname, it means "sun" (hi, 日) and "facing" (nata, 向).
- In older versions of the game, her name was Ritsu Taina. The placeholder name was inspired by Ritsu Tainaka from K-On!.
- In the September 18th, 2015 Build, her crush was set to Senpai by mistake. It was fixed in the October 8th, 2015 Build.
- Her male counterpart is Hayato Haruki.
- Before the June 29th, 2016 Build, she arrived on school grounds 4th in line on the right side, at 7:05 AM.
- As of the August 18th, 2018 Build, she has been removed from the game. YandereDev said that she (with the other rainbow students) will be put back into the game once the frame rate is stable, and if not, then she (along with the other removed rainbow students) will appear in 1980s Mode.
- In older builds, she was the only person not in the Martial Arts Club to have a Heroic persona. However, in the December 1st, 2015 Build, she was switched to the Martial Arts Club. In the December 3rd, 2015 Build, however, she was moved to the Cooking Club.
- She was once a Heroic because she was one of the first students who entered the school, so she was a convenient person to test the Heroic persona with. She no longer had the Heroic persona as of the February 1st, 2016 Build until her reimplementation in 1980s mode.
- If she, Hayato, and Sora Sosuke were in a club, they'd most likely be in the Cooking Club.
- She and the rest of the Rainbow Six girls, as well as Oka Ruto and an adult woman, excluding Saki, appear in the town as of October 17th 2019.
- She along with Raimu Ichijo and Ui Tunesu are the only female students in Classroom 1-1 in 1980s Mode who can't be sold to The Yakuza.
|“||Seriously? I didn't think there would be anyone like that in our school...||”|
— Koharu Hinata on the Kaobook.