It was partially implemented in the October 8th, 2015 Build and is accessible from the far-left corner of the room. It is only available at nighttime. When walking to the computer, a pink HUD pops up displaying "Kaobook". Sitting down will take Ayano to the Akademi High School social media page.
Ayano is only able to write messages if she stalks students and learns information about them. When choosing to type out a post, a message will pop up saying: "Today, I saw ____ in ____. She was ____." Ayano is able to choose what these blanks say. She must have the student's picture in Student Info beforehand to talk about them.
As of now, only a few female students will reply to messages Ayano writes. The social media page will have to be revamped eventually so that it draws from a pool of currently alive students.
|“||Does anyone know how old the school's sakura trees are?||”|
|“||What does the school's logo symbolize? Yes, I checked the FAQ this time.||”|
— Midori Gurin.
|“||Today, I saw Kokona Haruka in Shisuta Town. She was engaging in compensated dating.||”|
— Ayano's gossip about Kokona Haruka.
|“||lolllll get absolutely expooooosed||”|
— Musume Ronshaku's response to Kokona's compensated dating.
|“||omg i'm going to make sure everyone knows about this||”|
— Kashiko Murasaki's response to Kokona's compensated dating.
|“||i always knew she was a slut, i bet this is just the tip of the iceberg||”|
— Hana Daidaiyama's response to Kokona's compensated dating.
|“||seriously?? what a whore||”|
— Kokoro Momoiro's response to Kokona's compensated dating.
|“||LOL this is sooooo going on my blog||”|
— Hoshiko Mizudori's response to Kokona's compensated dating.
|“||Wow, lame. Don't post stupid lies on the internet.||”|
— Saki Miyu's response to a fake rumor.
- Deceased, kidnapped, or arrested students are able to comment on posts.
- It's possible that, in the future, reputation can be increased by saying good things about students on social media.
- There may be joke websites just for fun added in the future, but this is a low priority
- Students' profile pictures are shown as their actual Student Info pictures on Ayano's phone. In the future, students' social media avatars may be unique instead of a headshot, but this is low priority as well.
- Senpai's name will only be shown on the Student Info page and on Kaobook. At the moment, his name is shown as "Taro Yamada". The name may change in the final game.
- 3,528 people like the page and 3,757 have been to the school. The school has a rating of 4.6 stars. In the future, the Facebook page may get negative comments/reviews if the School Atmosphere is low.
- If Buraza Town is fully implemented, Ayano will be able to use the internet to find out where Senpai is going.
- Ayano's computer may have more functions depending on budget.
- As of January 24th, 2016, YandereDev plans to add more functions to Ayano's computer.
- There is a reason as to why Ayano can slander other people on the school's page, but it is something that, in the future, will have to be learned from the tapes/eavesdropping.
- Ayano's computer runs on SaikouOS.
- One of the original plans for the game was to steal a person's phone and post lies on their accounts on the Internet. However, the idea is pretty complex so it is unknown if this will be implemented.
- Before the May 15th, 2019 Build, Kaobook was named "Internet".
- Kaobook came from "Facebook", but with the "face" replaced with "kao" (顔), meaning "face" in Japanese.