If a Heroic NPC witnesses Ayano Aishi murdering a student or carrying a corpse, they will try to apprehend her after one second, which is much less time than other students take to act upon their persona. Heroes will chase after Ayano like a teacher, and Ayano will stay where she is until they reach her. Once a heroic student grabs hold of Ayano by her wrists, a struggle mini-game will ensue. The player must press a series of buttons in rapid succession to avoid being apprehended and overpower the foe.
As of the February 15th, 2016 Build, the player will automatically lose a fight against a hero if they are carrying an un-concealable weapon.Game Over. Ayano will also yell "No!" as she is apprehended. If the icon fully reaches the right side, Ayano will kill the student by stabbing them in the head. During the mini-game, all surrounding students stand still in shock. As soon as a student is defeated, any other Heroic students who saw Ayano will run at her and trigger another mini-game.
The stronger the heroic student's self-defense, the harder it will be to fight back. The player can check how strong a student is in the Student Info. The player can upgrade their Physical Education stat to make the mini-game easier.
If Ayano is running away from a hero without a weapon or if she's carrying a weapon too large to be used in short-range combat, they will automatically pin her down. If they see her with a bloody uniform or being visibly insane, they will not apprehend her, but she will lose reputation.
If the student witnesses a corpse without Ayano nearby, they will instead act like a Teacher's Pet and alert a teacher. Once they report to a teacher, they will remain inside the classroom, mentally scarred, until the police arrive, or gets killed.
At the moment, Ayano can run up to a heroic student and kill them without triggering the mini-game, but this is a bug and will be fixed in a future update.
If Ayano tries to take a picture of them, they will give her a suspicious look. If she is in the Photography Club, they will instead simply stand still.
- Budo Masuta
- Himari Fujita
- Hojiro Zameshiro
- Iruka Dorufino
- Itachi Zametora
- Mantaro Sashimasu
- Mina Rai
- Juku Ren
- Shima Shita
- Sho Kunin
- Unagi Denkashiza
- Muja Kina
- Before June 1st, 2020 Build, If the player winning the struggle mini-game and kill the heroic student who tries to apprehend the player, Then the player is permanently unable to attend class. However, this bug has been fixed as of June 1st, 2020 Build.
- This persona was implemented in the November 15th, 2015 Build.
- If a Heroic student sees a murder-suicide, they will run and tell a teacher, and will not try to restrain the mind-broken student. This is because of programming that deep would push back the release date.
- They will only use force in self-defense and to protect others.
- Despite YandereDev using the label "Justice Minded" during his videos, it was actually a placeholder name. The real persona name is Hero. As of the November 15th, 2015 Build, the persona is displayed as Heroic.
- If both a student with a Heroic persona and a teacher witness Ayano murdering someone, the teacher will apprehend Ayano while the student will just face her.
- In the future, if a hero witnesses enough murder or corpses, they may become a Sleuth.
- As of the June 24th, 2016 Build, Sakyu Basu, Inkyu Basu, Pippi Osu, and Ryuto Ippongo are also capable of initiating the struggle mini-game. However, they will only initiate it when the player kills one of them in front of the other.
- Toga Tabara used this persona at the time when he was implemented, along with 3 clubless students, but his persona was changed to loner persona as of January 17th, 2019 Build.
- YandereDev is considering the idea of heroic students assisting each other against Ayano.
- Delinquents will also react to murder with this persona if an injured delinquent sees the player kills another delinquent.
- Even if Fureddo Jonzu has a Sleuth Persona, He also react to murder with this Persona too if the School Atmosphere is above 80% atmosphere
|“||You won't get away with this!||”|
— A hero initiating the mini-game.
|“||Thanks. Maybe I misjudged you.||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has a low reputation.
|“||You're too kind! Thank you!||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has an average reputation.
|“||That means a lot coming from you - Thanks!||”|
— When complimented while Ayano has a high reputation.