The only way to befriend a student is to complete a task for them. Once the task is finished, they will thank Ayano and will become her friend. If the player checks their Student Info, a white smiley face will appear on the top left corner of the student's picture.
Benefits of a Friend
When a student becomes Ayano's friend, she can ask them to complete certain favors. The available favors are asking a student to vacate an area, asking the student to distract another person, and asking the student to follow Ayano.
If Ayano asks a student to follow her, she can take them somewhere else to murder them or take them to the first floor northwestern storage room to kidnap them. Another bonus of a student becoming her friend is that Ayano's gossip damage will have a greater effect, damaging a student's reputation by two points instead of one. If a friend catches Ayano wearing bloody clothes, having a weapon, having low sanity, or doing other suspicious acts her reputation will be affected less (e.g. Seeing Ayano with a suspicious weapon will affect her reputation by -8 instead of -10). They will still act upon their persona if they see her killing a student, and will refuse to talk to Ayano the next day.
In the future, friends will only complete one favor each day.
- Friends were implemented in the October 8th, 2015 Build.
- The only other way to get a student to do favors is by having a Seduction level of 4 or 5, from the November 1st, 2015 Build.
- The mechanic of Ayano's reputation decreasing less harshly when caught by a friend while performing Yandere actions was implemented in the November 1st, 2015 Build.
- Befriending a club leader will not grant the player easier access to club tools or objects.
- In the future, Ayano will be able to befriend rivals, but it will be more difficult than befriending a regular NPC.
- Becoming a rival's and suitor's friend is the first step for matchmaking.
- In order to eliminate a rival by befriending, Ayano must first become the rival's friend.