Fake suicide is a method that can be used to eliminate a rival.
There are two ways to fake a suicide:
- Push a classmate from the rooftop and writing a fake suicide note.
- Frame her for her own death.
The description on the scheme menu is: "This scheme will end with your rival falling to their death."
Eavesdropping and Locker Notes
- Main Article: Notes
- In order to get the rival to go up to the rooftop, the player must lure her there with a note. If you have a picture of the student's face, you can find their locker by checking the list near the locker area. Every note asks the recipient to meet at a certain place and time to discuss something. These notes won't interest the current rival unless Ayano mentions their dark secret. Every rival's dark secret can be unlocked two ways: stalk the rival to eavesdrop on their conversations, or buy the secret from Info-chan for 10 Info Points. After the note is written, the player must find the student and talk to them, then use the "Send to Locker" option to inform them about the note.
Depending on what is put in the letter, there will either be a positive or negative response from the student who reads it. The recipient will either follow the directions to the rooftop or ignore the anonymous letter. In the letter, there will be a variety of options for the subject of the meeting, the time, and the place. Should the player ask for a meeting time that conflicts with a scheduled event such as a club activity, the rival will head to the rooftop as soon as she returns to her locker and reads the note.
- Main Article: Rooftop
Once Ayano has led the student to the rooftop, she will have a twenty-minute opportunity to sneak up on the victim and shove them off the rooftop to make it seem like the person committed suicide. After the victim has been pushed off, a fake suicide note can be left by the victim's shoes on the rooftop if the player has allocated enough study points in the Language skill. If no note was left, it will be treated as a murder case by the police, unless they don't see a corpse.
If the player does not want to push a rival off, she can talk to her about her problems in order to befriend her. In either scenario, it is a win-win case for Ayano.
|Corpse Left||Note Left||Reaction|
|No||No||A teacher will walk around and find a pair of shoes, which causes them to worry that there was a suicide but will not do anything because they have no evidence.|
|No||Yes||A teacher will walk around and find a pair of shoes and a note but will not take any action as they cannot prove that anything has occurred.|
|Yes||No||A teacher will walk around and find a corpse as if it appeared to commit suicide. They will call the police, who will treat the corpse as a murder case. They will search for any weapons and corpses. Since fake suicide does not leave any evidence, the cops will not do anything. However they will still check the school for something suspicious so you must also get rid of your other types of evidence, as otherwise, the cops will arrest you.|
|Yes||Yes||If the player leaves a suicide note with the shoes and the corpse is not disturbed, it is considered as a suicide. A massive, green fence will cause the player to be unable to drop dumbells, or push anyone else from the rooftop.|
- Main Article: Dumpsters
If the player doesn't want to drag the body to the incinerator and risk anyone catching them, there is an easier option to destroy the body. The player can push or pull dumpsters down below so when she pushes the person off the rooftop, they will fall into the dumpster instead.
She must push the dumpster into the correct place and have it open before killing someone, or else the victim won't fall into it. They will land on the ground. To indicate whether the dumpster is correctly aligned, an image of a pink exclamation-mark in a triangle appears. When pushed, the victim will fall into the dumpster. It will count as a hidden body, so the player can attend class, but it will be found by the end of the day. To hide the body, the player needs to pick up a garbage bag and place it inside the dumpster. The dumpster will fill up with trash and the body will be successfully disposed of, instead of being discovered. In future builds, there may be more bags needed to hide a body.
The victim's shoes will be left on the roof, but as there is no visible corpse, the shoes will not arouse much suspicion. In fact, as long as the corpse is disposed of, the police will not intervene.
- Main Article: Framing
Another way to fake a suicide is to frame the rival for her own murder. The player must manipulate the rival into getting her fingerprints on a weapon, such as the box cutter, then kill the rival with said weapon while wearing gloves. If done correctly, the police will believe that the death is a suicide.
- The method was implemented in the May 15th, 2015 Build.
- If the corpse falls to the ground but not into the dumpster, the corpse will spill blood, for some reason. Blunt impact with such forces and from that distance is unlikely to cause the victim to bleed.
- If the player opens the debug menu and press G, the player and Kokona will be teleported to the rooftop.
- Pressing Q while pushing someone off the rooftop will have a second camera appear on the left.
- In some cultures, it is a tradition to remove shoes before committing suicide. Taking off shoes represents crossing a threshold or stepping out of the current life and stepping into the next. It's also a way to communicate the fact that the death wasn't an accident or a murder.
- However, with only shoes on the rooftop nobody will recognize it as a suicide. If there is only a body the police will consider it a murder while if the body is accompanied by a note, it will be treated as a suicide (and thus the fence on the roof).
- Ironically, the fence does not appear if the cops are alerted but did not believe it as a suicide.
- The corpse of a fake suicide victim will have white shoes after being pushed off. This is because there is no model for a shoe-less student. The developer has intentionally done this to make it seems like it was their socks.
- Hiding the corpse in the dumpster will render it invisible for the rest of the game to anyone else, as nobody will consider the chance of that happening. In reality, if the dumpster was monitored, it would be extremely easy to discover a murder.