On the Schemes menu, the description is: "This scheme will end with your rival being electrified."
How To Electrocute
Electrocution can be performed on any student except the Student Council and delinquents. To start, Ayano must acquire a heavy pipe wrench from one of the school's storage rooms. She must then head to any drinking fountain in the school and sabotage the pipes underneath. This will result in a leak, forming a puddle of water beneath the fountain.
Next, she must get a power strip, which can be found in the Audiovisual room. The power strip can be plugged into any outlet, located next to the drinking fountain. After plugging the strip in, she must use a screwdriver to expose its wiring. There is a switch located near the outlet. Flipping the switch will activate the power strip with the exposed wires, causing the puddle of water it is in to become electrified, resulting in anyone who steps in it being electrocuted. Ayano herself can be electrocuted by the electrified puddle, leading to a Comatose Game Over, and therefore must not step into the puddle and should take precautions such as flipping the switch last.
Lastly, she must head to the vending machines in the Cafeteria, and purchase a bag of chips (labelled as a "Salty Snack"). She can offer the chips to any student in the school, and the student will accept it unless they are a member of the Student Council or a delinquent (who cannot be electrocuted because of this). The person that the chips are offered to will be the target for electrocution. After they eat the chips, they'll become thirsty, and will head to the nearest drinking fountain. If the fountain has been tampered with correctly, then when the student steps into the puddle to drink water, they'll perform a "being shocked" animation, before falling onto the ground.
Kokona Haruka can also currently be electrocuted through a scripted event that may be used for rivals in the future. At 7:30 AM, she will go to the first floor girls' bathroom on Wednesday. The time to electrocute Kokona is limited, as she will eventually finish using the toilet. Before or while she is inside the bathroom stall, Ayano must unscrew the light switch with the screwdriver from the Science Club and fill up a bucket with any liquid (water, blood or gasoline). Ayano must then pour the bucket of liquid on Kokona and turn of the lights (in any order). Kokona, annoyed at being wet and the lights going out, will disgustedly walk out of the stall and feel for the light switch. However, since her wet left hand touches the metal faucet and her right hand touches the exposed light switch, an electric current will course from her right hand through her body, killing her as she attempts to scream. If the light switch is not unscrewed, Kokona will simply turn the lights back on and rush to the Shower Room to change, while if a liquid is not dumped on her, she will turn the lights back on and go back to the stall. Kokona can also be electrocuted with the water fountain method.
An Electrocuted Corpse
- Main Article: Corpses
As there is no open wound on the corpse, it will not leak blood and all Ayano must do to ensure a clean getaway is to dispose of it. Ayano can hide it in a bathroom stall or bury it in order to go to class without a teacher finding the corpse. If Ayano does not dispose of the body, the School Atmosphere will decrease by ten points.
If the person electrocuted was Kokona through her event, her corpse will be smoking and covered in the liquid used to electrocute her. The place that she dies is also ideal to hide her body as she dies in the first floor girls' bathroom, allowing Ayano to easily hide it in a stall. Even if the corpse is dripping wet with blood, it will not trail bloody puddles.
If the police arrive at school before the body is disposed of, they will know that the victim was electrocuted and treat their death as a murder. They will then try to search for any corpses or weapons on school grounds. If no other corpses or weapons are found, they will leave since they do not have enough evidence to perform an arrest. If weapons and corpses are found, the game will treat the other deaths as homicide cases and will begin to look for evidence for the deaths, along with the electrocuted corpse.
- Electrocution through Kokona's scripted event was added in the August 12th, 2015 Build. Electrocution through the water fountain was added in the February 1st, 2019 Build.
- The screwdriver will not count as a murder weapon when used to remove the power strip's wiring or unscrew the light switch, so no fingerprints will be traced to Ayano. If the player wears gloves while electrocuting, the player cannot throw them away.
- Kokona's skeleton is seen briefly while being electrocuted through her event. The female skeleton model can also be seen by activating Spooky Mode.
- If a majority of rivals are "accidentally" electrocuted, Senpai will worry that he is cursed.
- If Ayano pours blood or gasoline instead of water on Kokona, she will still die the same way, but with different voiced lines when the liquid is poured on her.
- This is YandereDev's favorite elimination method.
- It has not been confirmed nor denied if the player will be able to electrocute a student in the Shower Room.
- Ayano can watch a Life Note anime to learn how to electrocute someone.
- If Ayano were to step in the leak with the puddle method, she would be electrocuted instead, resulting in the “Comatose” Game Over.