Easter Eggs are fun surprises in Yandere Simulator that the player must discover in order to use.
YandereDev has included many Easter Eggs in the debug builds of the game. They include wearable accessories for Ayano Aishi, game modes, a small timed event at the starting menu, references to several anime characters or in-game jokes, and a phantom. The final game may have cheat codes that change the appearance of the characters, like the Easter Eggs do.
Other than Easter Eggs present throughout the game, there is also an "Easter Egg Menu" that includes many modes that change Ayano into characters from other media, or change the functionality of game mechanics. While these are not classed as proper Easter Eggs given that they can be easily accessed from the menu, this is the name given to them regardless. Normally, only one mode can be activated at a time, and they activate "Easter Egg logic" (which prevents Faculty and Police Game Overs, in addition to preventing further use of the menu), though those that do not activate Easter Egg logic do not disable the menu, thus allowing the player to use them in conjunction with other Easter Eggs. As of the March 1st, 2020 Build, it is also possible to simultaneously activate different modes by mashing the Easter Egg Menu button 10 times to open it (although it may cause unintended behavior as Easter Eggs were not designed to be used together).
Pressing the ? key will bring up the "Easter Egg Menu". The menu shows the following options:
- Main Article: 47 Mode
- L key to activate 47 Mode. This mode will make Ayano bald, have a barcode on the back of her head, and change her shirt to a black jacket with a red bow. This mode is a reference to the Hitman series.
- Main Article: AI Mode
- Space key to activate AI Mode. This mode is a reference to Kizuna AI, a Japanese virtual YouTuber. Ayano's model will be replaced with Kizuna AI's model. If the Space key is pressed again, Kizuna will change her facial expression. It is not listed in the Easter Egg menu and was removed due to copyright.
Bad Romance Mode
- Main Article: Bad Romance Mode
- Collect all eight stationery objects and then press the Left CTRL key while standing on the rooftop to activate Bad Romance Mode. This mode is a reference to JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, with Bad Romance as Ayano's Stand. If the Left CTRL key is pressed, Bad Romance will throw a rapid flurry of attacks, emulating the fighting style most commonly utilized by Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Bad Time Mode
- Main Article: Bad Time Mode
- U key to activate Bad Time Mode. This is a reference to the popular game Undertale. Ayano will resemble the character Sans from said game, and will sway side to side. If the Left CTRL key is pressed, she will be able to use his attacks from the fight in the Genocide Route of the game to kill NPCs.
- Main Article: Bancho Mode
- B key to activate Bancho Mode. Ayano will resemble a bancho girl with white hair and red eyes. If the Left CTRL key is pressed, she will lean forward and unleash a flurry of punches.
- Main Article: Berserker Mode
- F7 key to activate Berserker Mode. Ayano will become a berserker with a black berserker outfit, black and white hair and one black eye with the other eye closed. She will have a Drakeslayer on her back which she can then equip and use, and will run faster. The Left Ctrl key does nothing, but Ayano can kill any NPC with the Drakeslayer.
Black Hole Mode
- Main Article: Black Hole Mode
- F5 key to activate Black Hole Mode. It is a humanoid form based off the first ever picture of a black hole, specifically the supermassive black hole at the center of the M87 galaxy, which was released to the public on April 10, 2019. When this easter egg is activated, Ayano will become completely black with messy hair. Her eyes will become pictures of the M87 black hole. She will levitate and have a glowing ring around her, which resembles the plasma orbiting around the M87 black hole. NPCs that get too close to Ayano will be torn apart and shrink as they get sucked into her body.
Blade Hair Mode
- Main Article: Blade Hair Mode
- 2 key to activate Blade Hair Mode. Ayano will have bright pink twin tails with blades at the bottom. Pressing the Left CTRL key button will cause Ayano to spin rapidly. NPCs that touch her hair will be dismembered instantly.
- Main Article: Cirno Mode
- C key to activate Cirno Mode. This mode is a reference to Cirno, from Touhou. Ayano's outfit and hair will become blue, and she will resemble Cirno. Pressing the Left CTRL key button will make Ayano shoot ice out of her hands, killing any NPC they touch.
- Main Article: Cyborg Mode
- Y key to activate Cyborg Mode. This mode cannot be deactivated until the game is reset or the day changes. Ayano's uniform will change into a black cyborg suit with a neon blue visor. She will also acquire a long silver ponytail and an Energy Sword that can be used to dismember students and teachers. Ayano will run faster than normal. Pressing "P" will take off the helmet. The suit and helmet closely resembles the cyborgs from Metal Gear Solid, including the sword.
- Main Article: DK Mode
- K key to activate DK Mode. This mode will enlarge the head and arms of Ayano and every NPC with a working AI. This is a reference to a cheat of the same name and function from the video game GoldenEye 007.
- Main Article: Ebola Mode
- E key to activate Ebola Mode. Ayano will become deathly pale with pink pigtails that resemble the Ebola virus, a reference to Ebola-chan. Any student she touches or that comes near her will instantly die (presumably from Ebola), including Senpai. As of the January 3rd, 2019 build, Senpai can no longer be killed by Ebola.
- Main Article: Enigma Mode
- D key to activate Enigma Mode. It is a reference to Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars. Ayano will wear a long black dress with a hood, she will frown and hair will cover her left eye. When the CTRL key is pressed, she will get lightsabers. If F or R is pressed she will attack. When an NPC is attacked, there will be a health bar showing how many more attacks are needed to kill them.
- Main Article: Falcon Mode
- F key to activate Falcon Mode. Ayano will don a full body outfit of a parody of Captain Falcon, the main character of F-Zero. Pressing the Left CTRL key will make Ayano punch forward very fast, sending anyone on her way with a proper AI flying up into the air. She also runs very fast. As of June 15, 2019, Falcon Mode's textures and model were changed due to YandereDev wanting it to be a parody of Captain Falcon, and not a complete copy of it.
- Main Article: Galo Mode
- G key to activate Galo Mode. It gives Ayano tanned skin, gold bracelets, sunglasses, and Super Saiyan hair. Pressing the Left CTRL key will make Ayano "power up", but her reputation will be affected if she's seen by students.
- Main Article: Gazer Mode
- 1 key to activate Gazer Mode. It is a reference to Gazers from Monster Girl Encyclopedia. Ayano will have light gray skin and black goo down her body, and floating eyes that follow her around. Pressing the Left Ctrl key will cause her to change the color of the eyes, and pressing the E key to interact with an NPC will cause her to kill them in various way based on the eyes' current color.
- Main Article: Ghoul Mode
- F9 key to activate Ghoul Mode. It is a reference to Ken Kaneki from the Tokyo Ghoul series. It can't be deactivated unless the game was reset or the day ended. Ayano will become a ghoul with tentacles sprouting out of her body. She'll become fully naked, partially covered in blood. Pressing the Left Ctrl makes the tentacles to move in a circular shape in front of Ayano, causing severe damage to any target near her. E will cause Ayano to eat any students in front of her
- Main Article: Hateful Mode
- H key to activate Hateful Mode. It is a reference to Hatred, and its main character, "The Antagonist". Ayano's uniform and skin will become monochrome, as well as the screen. Sanity levels will be set to the minimum.
Horror Prototype Mode
- F2 key to activate Horror Prototype Mode. This mode will make the school become dark, the camera will zoom in a bit, Ayano will hold a flashlight, all students will disappear, and Nemesis will be walking around the school hunting for Ayano.
- Main Article: Hunger Mode
- 6 key to active Hunger Mode. It is a reference to the video game Little Nightmares, and its protagonist, "Six". Ayano will wear a yellow raincoat with a triangular hood. She can eat people and gain speed each time she eats them.
- Main Article: Huntress Mode
- Q key to activate Huntress Mode. It is a reference to Samus from the Metroid series. Ayano will wear a blue bodysuit, have blonde hair and green eyes, and will have a mole under her lower lip.
Life Note Mode
- Main Article: Yamiko
- F3 key to activate Life Note Mode. It is a reference to the Life Note anime in the game, which is itself a reference to the popular anime, "Death Note". Ayano will take on the appearance of Yamiko, the protagonist of said anime. The life note will appear in front of Ayano and can be written in similar to a regular note if it is picked up and Left Ctrl is pressed. The player can fill in any character with AI, a cause of death and the time it will occur, and after confirming the note, the appropriate death will take place automatically.
- Main Article: Lilium Mode
- F6 key to activate Lilium Mode. Ayano will become naked, wearing a metal helmet and acquiring transparent, ghostly arms that protrude from her back. She will also have white cloth bandages wrapped around her bare body. Her arms function like the Pain Demon's ritual, dismembering any student that gets close to her. The name "Lilium" is a reference to the hymnal-like opening theme for the Elfen Lied anime, while the mode itself is based on the main character, Lucy.
- F4 key to activate Man Mode. It gives Ayano the model for the previous "Mandere Simulator" April 1st (April Fools) build. When the April 2nd build came out, reverting back to Yandere Simulator, YandereDev stated in a blog post that Mandere Simulator would still be accessible through the easter egg menu.
- Main Article: Medusa Mode
- M key to activate Medusa Mode. It is a reference to Medusa from Greek Mythology. Ayano will resemble Medusa and have hair made of green snakes; her uniform will have a green color scheme. If a student looks at Ayano, they will turn to stone. They will also be petrified instantly if she does something that attracts immediate attention, such as laughing or approaching a Student Council member.
Main Article: Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki
- To activate Miyuki Mode, first, you have to pick up the Magical Girl Wand in the Drama Club. Then, type "love and justice". When the player types the "c" key, it will make Ayano crouch. Stand up, pick up the wand again, then type "e". Ayano will transform into Miyuki. During this easter egg, she can attack students with a "love beam" by pressing Left CTRL when she is holding the Magical Girl Wand, or just kill students with the wand like a weapon by pressing F to attack as per normal. Love hearts will come out when killing with the wand.
- Main Article: Near Mode
- F8 key to activate Near Mode. It is a reference to YoRHa No.2 Type B from NieR: Automata sci-fi game. Ayano is dressed with custom stylish clothing. She wears a black face wrap (android goggles) around her eyes, a black top with the Saikou Corp. symbol engraved on the chest, a transparent skirt, and black stockings along with black and white gloves. Her swords and electric ball shooter can be used to kill students.
- Main Article: Punch Mode
- O key to activate Punch Mode. Ayano will become bald and don the full body outfit of Saitama from One-Punch Man. When the Left CTRL key is pressed, she will use his iconic punch. Any student hit that has a complete AI will go flying.
- Main Article: Punished Mode
- P key to activate Punished Mode. This mode is a reference to the video game Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It gives Ayano a torn-up version of the original Akademi High School outfit, a tan-colored scarf, a black eyepatch on her right eye, a red left arm, a scar on her left eye, a black protrusion from her forehead, a black glove on her right hand, and a cigar.
Ship Girl Mode
- Main Article: Ship Girl Mode
- Type "ship girl" in-game to activate Ship Girl Mode. This mode is a reference to the video game Azur Lane . This mode cannot be deactivated until the game is reset or the day changes. Ayano's uniform will change to a swimsuit and she will be flying. She will wear the next hairstyle and eye-wear from the one she was previously wearing, due to pressing "H" and "P" when typing the mode, although this can be changed back. The floor around the campus will be covered in water, with its level varying based on Ayano's current position, and she will leave a trail in the water every time she moves. She will also acquire a gun mount that can be used to shoot fireballs, killing students and teachers in their path.
- Main Article: Slender Mode
- Z key to activate Slender Mode. This mode makes Ayano's uniform turn a very dark gray, her skin completely white, her hair long and messy, her eyes blank, and her body shape resembling that of the Slender Man. Activating this mode sets Ayano to minimum sanity level. This mode was created because it was very easy to stretch out Ayano's limbs.
- Main Article: Spooky Mode
- S key to activate Spooky Mode. This mode turns all female students and teachers into skeletons.
- Main Article: Titan Mode
- T key to activate Titan Mode. This mode is a reference to Attack on Titan. It will remove the students' clothing and skin and make them increase greatly in size. It will also change the blue parts of Ayano's uniform to brown. This mode's name may be changed to Colossus Mode at some point.
- Main Article: Tornado Mode
- 7 key to activate Tornado Mode. This mode is a reference to the One-Punch Man character Tatsumaki. Ayano will have messy pink hair and a long white dress. Pressing the Left CTRL key will summon tornadoes that will kill NPCs.
- Main Article: Vaporwave Mode
- V key to activate Vaporwave Mode. This mode is a reference to Vaporwave, an aesthetic style and music genre of the '80s. This mode turns the whole school and characters into an 80's Aesthetic theme called Vaporwave, complete with an alternative school soundtrack to match Vaporwave's genre style. The Easter Egg is purely cosmetic.
- Main Article: Witch Mode
- W key to activate Witch Mode. This mode is a reference to Bayonetta (Cereza), the main protagonist of the Bayonetta series. Ayano will have a white bob, red lipstick and eyeshadow, wear a black body suit, and have gray eyes with a green tint. Pressing the Left CTRL key will activate Witch Time, freezing everything in the game except herself. Pressing the F key will summon multiple knives that will stab any student within range. Although it is said to freeze everything, it cannot freeze the gate when its button is activated, as such activated objects will still persist even when all time is stopped.
- Main Article: X Mode
- X key to activate X Mode. This mode turns Ayano into /x/-tan, a personified mascot of 4chan's /x/ Board. She has rainbow stockings, black hair, an eyepatch on her left eye, black underwear, and a black tank top with a skull on it. Pressing the Left CTRL key will cause Ayano's hair to change to the Hateful Mode hairstyle and will remove the eyepatch, revealing a glowing red eye.
- Main Article: Yandere-kun
- 8 key to activate Yandere-kun. This mode turns Ayano into Yandere-kun. This mode can be combined with other Easter Eggs. However, Yandere-kun will wear his uniform beneath the Easter Egg outfit.
- Main Article: Yanketsu Mode
- 4 key to activate Yanketsu Mode. This mode is a reference to Kill la Kill. This mode cannot be deactivated until the game is reset or the day changes. Ayano's uniform will change into a revealing white, blue, and pink outfit. She will also acquire a Knife Blade that can be used to dismember students and teachers.
Long Skirt Mode
- V key to activate Long Skirt Mode. This will make Ayano wear a long, blue skirt that reaches her ankles. There is no real name for this mode yet. It does not show up on the Easter Egg menu. YandereDev has made the mode because it "allows him to test out a 'dress' character model so that he can look for bugs."
- N key to remove clothes. This will make Ayano nude. It does not show up on the Easter Egg menu.
Gravity on Corpses Disabled
- I key to disable the gravity on corpses. This will make all corpses and dismembered limbs fly away. This only works on students or faculty members killed after the easter egg has been enabled.
Security Camera Heads
- If the players presses 3, female students' and faculty's heads will be replaced with large security cameras.
- KON mode is an Easter Egg which the player cannot activate without modifying the game. It is unknown why YandereDev has not added the option to activate this Easter Egg. It has been around since the March 3rd, 2015 Build. This is a reference to the anime K-On!.
- Main Article: Phantom Girl
If Ayano takes a picture in the bathroom on the third floor, a semi-transparent girl about the size of an average student model will appear in the picture. No matter where Ayano is, the ghost will be looking in her direction.
- Main Article: Demonic Ritual
As of the February 21st, 2016 Build, a ritual knife has been added to the altar in the Occult Club room. Killing a student with it and then putting it back in the altar will transport Ayano to a dark void, where five figures stand in a circle. The player can converse with each of them.
After about ten seconds, the title screen will show the darker side of the game for a short amount of time, including a dark atmosphere, a bloody uniform, and squirming corpses. Pressing the Space Bar can manually change to the "insane" title screen, but only for a short amount of time. Tapping the space bar repeatedly will make it last longer.
The player can also press F1, F2, F3, F4, or F5 to change the students' uniform on the main menu screen.
In an older version, the starting screen had different animations every ten seconds, such as Ayano stabbing a student rapidly, being covered in blood while carrying a severed head, and staring blankly at the viewer. The only sound played during these scenes was static.
As of the November 1st, 2015 build, pressing the Y key on the opening screen will start Yanvania: Senpai of the Night as if the player had gone to Ayano's room at night to play it. When she finishes the game, it will end with the afterlogue and the disk error as normal, and the player will be in Ayano's room in the morning in pajamas instead of her uniform.
Easter Egg Students
Ryuto is based on Ryuta Ippongi from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Pippi is from a fangame of Ouendan called Osu!, Midori is based on Churuya from Haruhi Suzumiya' and fans who email YandereDev constantly, and Mai Waifu is based on YandereDev's dream anime girl.
The Photography Club members are a reference to the ‘Mystery Gang’ from the Scooby-Doo franchise. Fureddo is a reference to Fred, Rojasu is Shaggy, Sukubi is Scooby-Doo, Dafuni is Daphne, and Beruma is Velma.
Video Game Easter Eggs
There is an Easter Egg in Yanvania: Senpai of the Night. If the player presses M on the title screen, Midori Gurin will pop out from the right side of the screen and the afterlogue will start in her voice. The disk error will occur after she is finished.
Storage Room Easter Eggs
The following Easter Eggs can be found inside the northeastern storage room on the first floor.
On a shelf at the right side of the room, lays white long bunny ears. This is a reference to Simply April. When picked up, Ayano will wear it until the day ends or is restarted.
Saikou Company Cardboard Box
There is a cardboard box inside the room that Ayano can "hide" in. This is a reference to the cardboard box stealth mechanic in the Metal Gear series. The player can remove it by pressing the Left CTRL key.
On a shelf at the right side of the room, there is a carrot, a reference to Veggie Gamer`s channel logo. When picked up, Ayano will hold it in her mouth until the day ends or is restarted.
There is a piece of cheese near a mouse hole at the bottom of the room. When examining the piece of cheese, words will come up on the HUD, saying, "Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese...It fills you with determination." This is a direct reference to a line from Undertale.
There is a miniature Cheongsam/Qipao on the shelf to the left side of the room, between the Poem and the Golden C. It is a body-hugging traditional Chinese dress (usually red), very popular in China and the Asian countries. It is of Manchu origin. Also called Mandarin Gown during the 1920s-1930s in Western Countries.
When combined with Ebola Mode, the bat wings turn black and you'll also have access to a hairstyle in reference to Corona-chan since the dress was first implemented as a Corona themed reskin for Ebola Mode, but YandereDev decided to put it as a separate easter egg. "I really like the red china dress, and I want it to be accessible without activating an easter egg that is associated with death/disease" - YandereDev's response in the April 10th, 2020 build..
There is a golden C on one of the shelves, which is a reference to Crush Crush. When interacted with, Ayano's model will change to that of several of the girls from Crush Crush.
NGB Bear can be activated with the A key. This is a reference to Keylina NbG. When activated, it will follow Ayano around until the end of the day, or when A key is pressed again.
NyanDroid can be activated with the A key. This is a reference to TheNyanCave. When activated, it will follow Ayano around until the end of the day, or when A key is pressed again.
On a shelf at the right side of the room, there is a fake pink mustache. This is a reference to Markiplier. When picked up, Ayano will wear it until the day ends or is restarted.
On a shelf to the left side of the room, there is a poem by Laina Morris. This is a reference to the game "Doki Doki Literature Club!". When interacted with, Ayano will resemble the girls from the psychological horror video game Doki Doki Literature Club!.
On a shelf at the right side of the room, there is a lime green puppet with a leaf sprout who resembles Scrub-chan, Bijuu Mike's mascot. When picked up, it will be placed on Ayano's left shoulder until the day ends or is restarted.
THAT DUDE Sunglasses
On a shelf at the right side of the room, there is a pair of sunglasses with the word "THAT" on the right lens and "DUDE" on the left lens. This is a reference to Jay from the Kubz Scouts. When picked up, Ayano will wear it until the day ends or is restarted.
If Ayano goes behind the tree on the left when entering the school, they will have the option to summon the Ancient Evil, called "Void Goddess", which can be used to activate or deactivate (or toggle) students and teachers, or to teleport people to your location.
At various times each day, Kuu Dere, Senpai, and Horuda Puresu will walk to their respective places and read a book. Study-kun B used to read the same book in the library. This book contains simple information on Yandere Simulator's premise.
|“|| Development of Yandere Simulator began in 2014, with YandereDev releasing test builds of the game for debugging purposes. He has periodically released updates that add elements to the game, such as the ability to poison, electrocute, and drown rivals, stealing other female students' uniforms to change into after committing a murder, befriending other schoolgirls, small mini games, a town the player can bike around in, and more. I hope the game's out before 2019.
Players control Ayano Aishi, a Japanese schoolgirl who has developed a crush on a fellow student when she bumped into the boy currently named Taro Yamada, nicknamed "Senpai". Over the course of 10 weeks, 10 rival students develop crushes on Senpai, and Ayano must prevent them from confessing their love to him. Due to her "yandere" nature, this can be accomplished by the player via several methods such as murder, blackmail, or social sabotage. Throughout the game, Ayano can receive aid from an information broker calling herself "Info-chan", who can provide her with services such as weapons, plans, or other favors in exchange for panty shots. Ayano must also avoid being witnessed while performing criminal activities, or suffer penalties ranging from a loss in reputation that makes it harder for other students to trust her to an immediate game over. Murdering students will result in penalties to "School Atmosphere", which alters NPC behavior to become more suspicious and riddled with anxiety. During this time, she can join school clubs and attend classes to receive additional abilities such as easy access to weapons or increase abilities to avoid suspicion.
Hello. He-he-he-he-have some respect and don't spoil the game. It's impossible to have mysteries nowadays, because of nosy people like you. Please keep all of this between us. If you post it online, I won't make any more secrets. No one will be impressed. It will be your fault! He-he-he-he-ha-he-he-ha-he-he.
— The text of the book.
The last paragraph is a reference to the Undertale game file, "abc_123_a.ogg", in which listeners are asked not to spoil the game for others.
Confession Tree Voice
Between the April 15th, 2017 and April 26, 2018 builds, if the player pressed the Space Bar ten times in front of the placeholder delinquents, they donned Team Skull masks and danced slowly.
- Main Article: Fun Girl
The Fun.txt was added into the Streaming Assets folder as of the February 8th, 2016 Build. Within the text was a single zero, which the player could change. Depending on the number entered, there would be several texts before the game usually crashes. Deleting this file does not have any effect on the game and it will run as normal. The file was removed in the January 4th, 2017 build, and readded in the April 2nd, 2018 Build.
Glowing Blue Eye
The left eye of the skull in the Occult Club will glow blue after viewing the cheese. This is another reference to Undertale, namely the character Sans, whose left eye also glows blue.
If the player types out the word 'rainey' on their keyboard, a female student will appear in the Martial Arts Club just behind where Budo Masuta stands. She will wear the default uniform regardless of customization and has a long brown braid. She will slowly sway side to side.
If Ayano goes to Tatoro in the Light Music Club and asks him to forgive their sins 10 times, Tatoko (a pink turtle wearing a bow) will appear alongside Tatoro in his tank. She serves for cosmetic purposes only.
If the player types "thatdude" (the nickname of Jay from the Kubz Scouts, as mentioned above) on their keyboard, Nasu Kankoshi's model will change to have a shorter skirt and a larger bust and posterior. This easter egg was added in the April 27th, 2019 Build due to Jay expressing his disdain over the Muja Kina placeholder model (which similarly had large buttocks) being replaced with Nasu's model.
Yandere Simulator Website Easter Eggs
If the Konami code is entered on the characters page, the website's theme will become dark. All the current characters' profiles will be replaced by a profile of the Fun Girl. Her role, status, personality, appearance, and weakness will all be "?????". If the player hovers over her image, the page will start to turn to static and eventually the screen will go black. The Japanese text on the left says:
Which translates to:
|“|| Ara ara ...
Who are you?
Fu Fu ...
Nice to meet you.
We are trying to have a lot of fun together.
If you entered it again, the screen will fade out quickly, turning black. The screen will turn red after a short pause, and multiple Fun Girls will start to flash on-screen. If entered again, the red background will turn black. The black background will last about 10 seconds before it turns red again. On subsequent code entries, the background will turn black, but only if the background is red. If it is black, it will not change to red when the code is entered.
- In DK Mode, it is difficult to mop up blood because the mop grows and moves through the floor when the player picks it up.
- Long Skirt Mode will not work correctly for any uniforms besides the default one, as it glitches the textures.
- If the player kills all the teachers and students in the school with an Easter Egg mode, at the end of the day, the game will still say that a teacher discovered a corpse.
- When activating Naked Mode, Ayano will still be wearing her panties. To fix this, change into a different uniform in the locker room.
- If it becomes possible to choose Ayano's gender, then male-equivalent Easter Eggs will have to be created.
- There may be an Easter Egg where one NPC is secretly a magical girl, and there would be an opportunity to see her transform. It's a low priority, however.
- C was used to disable copyrighted music. With Cirno Mode now available, it has been shifted to D. M also mutes all of the game music.
- YandereDev's favorite Easter Egg to create is Punished Mode.
- There may be a Sonic Easter Egg where Ayano is naked, covered in blue body paint, and moves at 10x speed.
- NPCs without an AI are not affected by any mode.
- It was very important to YandereDev that some sort of cheat code or Easter Egg in the future will unlock a "giant sci-fi energy scythe". It was later revealed to be Cyborg Mode.
- In the game's code, Info-chan's glasses are named KON glasses.
- Undertale has been referenced the most through Easter Eggs, with its references being the mouse hole and cheese, the skull with its glowing eye in the Occult Club, Bad Time Mode, the Fun Girl, and the book students read.
- If an Easter Egg from the Easter Egg Menu is active, the Police will not arrive at school when the timer is at 0, and won’t begin an investigation because of witnessing evidence of the “supernatural”, which causes them to be absolutely horrified.