- Osoro Shidesu (Leader)
- Umeji Kizuguchi (Osoro's right-hand man)
- Hokuto Furukizu
- Gaku Hikitsuri
- Dairoku Surikizu
- Hayanari Tsumeato
- Ayano Aishi (Player choice)
The delinquents all have styled blond hair and scars on their faces. They wear the default male uniform but with the jacket open, revealing casual t-shirts underneath. They stand to the left just outside of the incinerator area.
Between the April 15th, 2017 and April 26, 2018 builds, if the Space Bar was rapidly pressed ten times in front of them, they wore Team Skull Grunt bandanas and performed the Team Skull Grunt dance animation, inspired by the Pokemon franchise.
The delinquents hang around to the left of the incinerator area outside of class time around a radio. If Ayano walks near them, they will periodically call her out. If a delinquent sees her carrying the cello case, their dialogue will change to mocking comments related to it.
If a delinquent sees Yandere-chan kill another delinquent, or the delinquents didn't bring their weapons to school due to Ayano reporting them to the guidance counselor for being covered in blood, they will react to murder with the Heroic Persona.
If Ayano attempts to talk to them, they will respond rudely and will not be affected by seduction.
As of the August 15, 2019 build, Ayano can now join the delinquents. In order to join, her reputation must be -33 or lower, her hair must be dyed blonde, she must currently be using the Tough Persona, and she must have completed the tasks for each delinquent. If all of these requirements are met, Ayano can speak to Umeji about joining the delinquents.
If Ayano joins the delinquents, her reputation will be capped at -33. She will also gain the ability to "Intimidate" students, which accesses the "Favors" menu without befriending a student but incurs a reputation penalty.
All delinquents have the Violent persona. If Ayano walks too close to a delinquent with a weapon, they will ready their fighting stance and if she comes any closer, a combat minigame will begin. The player will have to press the three buttons that come up in succession once the game has begun, until either the delinquent or Ayano is too injured to fight. If the delinquents see Ayano murder someone, or she is trying to dispose of a corpse, they will continue fighting her until she is knocked out, or until she kills them. If Ayano bumps into a delinquent too many times, they will assume she wants to fight and take up a fighting stance.
If Ayano defeats a delinquent in a fight, he will drop his weapon and leave to sit near the bench near the incinerator.
If Ayano fights a delinquent near a member of the Student Council, she will run up towards them and break up the fight. However, Student Council members will pepper spray Ayano if one of the delinquents witnessed her murder someone after breaking up the fight between Ayano and the delinquent.
As of the August 15, 2019 build, a delinquent for whom Ayano has completed a task will no longer be aggressive towards her or start a fight with her.
At 7:20 AM, the group enters school grounds. They walk to their lockers at 7:30 AM and change from their outdoor shoes into their indoor shoes. At 7:40 AM, they walk to the incinerator.
At 8:40 A.M., they walk to their classes. At 1:00 P.M., they eat their lunch near the incinerator.
At 1:40 P.M., they walk back to their classes. Between 3:30 and 4:00 P.M., they will stay at their spot near the incinerator.
Joining the Gang
To join the gang, Ayano must follow a list of mandatory requirements:
- Have a bad reputation level, anywhere around the darkest square of the reputation HUD, between -33% and -99%.
- Dye your hair blonde, purchasing the dye at the "Nozama" website.
- Change your persona to "Tough" through any of the mirrors around school.
- Complete all of the delinquents' tasks.
Once the list is complete, Ayano must talk with Umeji Kizuguchi to join the delinquents. Once in the gang, Ayano will wear a mask around her mouth. You can press Left Alt to change the design.
Benefits and Downsides
The benefit of joining the delinquents is making students Follow, Distract, and Go Away through Intimidation (With the exception of Student Council Members (Who are immune to everything from Ayano), Borupen Saishiki (Who would be immune to intimidation in the future), and Osana Najimi (Who refuses to follow Ayano, as she hangs out with Raibaru. Even if Raibaru is gone, she still refuses to follow the player, because she doesn't trust her enough. However, distracting or telling Osana to go away through Intimidation still works). However, if this method is used, you will receive a reputation penalty. When you're a part of the delinquents, your reputation will lock at -33% unless you leave the gang or your reputation decreases more every time you're caught doing suspicious activities by normal students.
Club Activity and club rules are still the same. The delinquents hangout around town, thinking of ways to defy authority.
Leaving the gang
Ayano will not be kicked out if the delinquents witness her committing murder. Instead, they will attack Ayano until she is knocked down or the delinquents are killed. Ayano will not be kicked out if they witness Ayano murdering a bully.
However, she will be evicted if she fails to hang out with them at least once a week.
Ayano can ask permission to leave the gang. Once she leaves the gang, she will not be allowed to re-join.
Originally, all the delinquents except for Osoro were being bullied to the point of considering suicide. They joined Osoro after seeing her singlehandedly take on multiple delinquents from another school, who sought to humiliate her. They idolized Osoro for this feat and began to imitate her after realizing that a fearsome reputation kept bullies away.
They eventually dyed their hair blond to match Osoro, carried blunt weapons, and began coming to class late. Other students soon named them 'delinquents'.
Kocho Shuyona wants to expel them all, but Genka Kunahito requested to reform them and has been given ten weeks to do so. If she fails, they will all be expelled, and Genka will be dismissed from the school.
- When choosing any uniform other than the default, their t-shirts will disappear.
- The all-male delinquents were added in the April 26th, 2018 Build, to balance out the male to female gender ratio.
- In the April 26th, 2018 Build, bullies attempted to bully delinquents, and it was possible to offer food and distract them.
- As of the April 27th, 2018 Build, bullies will no longer attempt to bully delinquents.
- As of the April 29th, 2018 Build, bullies will now refuse to perform the “Distract” favor on a delinquent.
- As of the April 30th, 2018 Build, delinquents will no longer accept food from Ayano. If she offers them food, they’ll respond with a rude, dismissive remark.
- The previous male delinquents were voiced by Alejandro Saab, but the current delinquents are not.
- The previous delinquents may appear in 1980s Mode.
- YandereDev accidentally placed the screenshot of the female delinquents in the "Photographs" folder in January 1st, 2016 Build. They were later removed in the January 2nd, 2016 Build because they were not supposed to be in the game just yet.
- In the December 15th Progress Update, YandereDev showed a quick scene of Copper Streak holding a long, blunt item. This was the first time the delinquents were introduced.
- If any NPC walks in front of a delinquent, the delinquents will not push them.
- YandereDev states that the delinquents likely all have the same personalities, for story reasons.
- They dislike the Student Council members purely because they are authority figures.
- They hang out near the incinerator because students rarely go near there.
- If they are expelled, the school atmosphere will increase by 5%. This does not apply if the atmosphere is at 100%.
- The Delinquents have never tried to get revenge on the Bullies, nor are they planning to.They will not report Ayano if they see her kill a bully.
- Completing a task for a delinquent will not increase your reputation, even though completing tasks for others do.
- If Ayano is sent to the Guidance Counselor and blames the Delinquents for being covered in blood, the Delinquents will not have weapons the next day.
- The "blaming delinquents" option has to be activated through Info-chan.
- Furthermore, if Ayano chooses to blame the delinquents for every type of possible offense (except for murder), they will be expelled and won't show up for the rest of the week.
- As of the March 1st, 2020 Build, the delinquents will no longer respond rudely to Ayano when she compliments them. The delinquents will now react to Ayano's compliments with the reaction changing depending on Ayano's reputation. However, Ayano's reputation will not be increased.
- As of the September 20th Build, If they get expelled, the radio won't appear.
|“||Scram, punk!/Quit it!/Back off!/Too close!/Get away!||”|
— Shoving Ayano if she comes too close.
|“||I'll crack your skull open!/Wha?!/You got a death wish?!||”|
— Assuming a fighting stance.
|“||Huh?! Looking for a fight?/I'm not in the mood for this./Oh, you wanna go?! Let's go!/Bring it on, girl!||”|
— When starting a fight with Ayano.
|“||I'm not in top form today.../Seriously?! Forget this, I'm outta here.../I got better things to do, anyway.../You just got lucky, that's all.../Next time, it won't be so easy...||”|
— When defeated in the combat mini-game.
|“||What's your problem?/What a weirdo.../You look like a damn fool./The hell is wrong with you? Freak.../Are you lookin' for trouble?||”|
— Seeing Ayano bloody or visibly insane.
|“||Get her!/You can do it!/Go, go!/Put her down!/You got this!/Yeah-ha-ha!||”|
— Egging on one of their members, when they are fighting Ayano.
|“||You just gonna stand there?/Well? You gonna make a move, or what?/All talk and no action.||”|
— Taunting Ayano.
|“||Learned your lesson? Then get outta here./I'm letting you off with a warning this time, loser./That'll teach you to go around picking fights./You done? Good. Don't screw with me again./Don't. Try that. Again. Got it?||”|
— Letting Ayano go after she loses the combat mini-game.
|“||Next time, it won't be so easy.../What?/Go away./Don't make me hurt you.||”|
— A delinquent sulking after being beaten by Ayano.
|“||You psychopath! You won't get away with this!/You just killed someone, you freakin' maniac!/What have you done?! You lunatic!||”|
— After seeing Ayano killing someone or carrying a corpse.
|“||I won't go down that easy!/I won't be your next victim!/I'm not going down without a fight!||”|
— Fighting the player after the delinquents witness her killing someone or trying to dispose of the corpse.
|“||Where do you think you're going, huh?! We're not done!/ You think I'll just let you walk away after that?!/I'm not letting you get away...murderer!/Oh, you think you're tough, huh?! Let's go!/ Oh I'm gonna make you pay for that one!/Nice try...but it takes more than that to keep me down!/You think you can get away with this?!/ You're gonna PAY!||”|
— Continuing to fight Ayano until she's knocked down or the player forces them to stop by killing them.
|“||I'm not going down...that easily!/I still got some..fight left!/It'll take....more that!||”|
— The Delinquents not surrendering after Ayano beat them up.
|“||I don't care about what you think.||”|
— After Ayano attempts to compliment them before the March 1st, 2020 Build.
|“||I ain't going nowhere.||”|
— If Ayano asks them to go away.
|“||Do it yourself.||”|
— If Ayano asks them to distract a student.
|“||Tell someone who cares.||”|
— After Ayano attempts to gossip with them.
— After Ayano exits the conversation.
|“||I don't give a damn. Get lost.||”|
— After Ayano attempts to apologize to them.
|“||Why would I do that? Scram.||”|
— After Ayano asks them to follow her.
|“||Heh heh... good riddance. They deserved it./This ain't a good place to be right now.../I ain't gonna shed any tears for her./It ain't safe to stick around./Heh heh... world's a much better place now.||”|
— After seeing the corpse of a bully.
|“||They had it coming! Don't worry...I won't tell anyone what I saw.||”|
— After seeing Ayano murdering a bully
|“||What the hell?! What's going on?!/Screw this, I'm outta here!||”|
— After seeing a corpse.
|“||What? No... damn it! Who did this...?!/Whoever did this is gonna pay!||”|
— After seeing the corpse of another delinquent.
|“||Get that garbage out of my face.||”|
— After Ayano offers them octo-dogs or salty snacks.
|“||What's with the case?/On your way to a concert?/Pff. Nice case, loser./You picked the lamest instrument./Is it expensive? Would you cry if I broke it? Heh.||”|
— Seeing Ayano with a cello case.
|“||Hahahaha, stay down.||”|
— Knocking Ayano out.
|“||Don't talk to me! I know you killed someone.||”|
— Grudge against Ayano if they witness her commit murder on the previous day