Students at Akademi High School who are members of a specific club or profession and will go to the clubs after school. Ayano can join a club as of the January 1st, 2016 Build. As of February 1st, 2016 Build, she can join every student club except the Info Club and the Student Council.
Depending on how many students there are in the final game, there might be only a few clubs that all have to do with buffs or rivals. Ten clubs are planned as of November 2015. If the school has one hundred students, there may be fifteen clubs, five (six for the clubs with rivals) people per club, and twenty-five clubless students.
Clubs will affect a student's behavior and, in the full game, their capabilities. For instance, members of the Occult Club may go to their clubroom as part of their routine and members of the Sports Club may run faster than other students.
- 1 Game Mechanics
- 2 No Club (Club 0)
- 3 Cooking (Club 1)
- 4 Drama (Club 2)
- 5 Occult (Club 3)
- 6 Art (Club 4)
- 7 Light Music (Club 5)
- 8 Martial Arts (Club 6)
- 9 Photography (Club 7)
- 10 Science (Club 8)
- 11 Sports (Club 9)
- 12 Gardening (Club 10)
- 13 Gaming (Club 11)
- 14 Student Council (Club 13)
- 15 Faculty (Club 100)
- 16 Gym Teacher (Club 101)
- 17 Info Club
- 18 Removed Clubs
- 19 Bugs
- 20 Trivia
- 21 References
To join a club, Ayano first has to talk to the leader of the club and select the option of joining. The leader of the club always wears a red armband on their left arm. The player cannot join two clubs at once or try to rejoin a club they have previously left. The player must join when the club leader is standing in their position in their own clubroom. Once Ayano joins the club, she will gain an accessory related to that club. Some clubs will require Ayano to fit multiple criteria.
The accessories will not appear when nude. Since they are mainly used for identifying which club Ayano is in, there may be an option in the future where the player can turn off the visible accessories.
Leaving and Disbanding
Ayano will be kicked out if a member sees her kill another student on the previous day (With the exception of Martial Arts Club and Sports Club). In the future, she will also be kicked out if she does not participate in club activities at least once a week. If the president dies, goes missing, or if there are less than five members in the club, the club will disband. Once the club closes, the door to the room will be locked. Students' appearances and routines will change after this as well. Ayano will be kicked out of the Student Council if she does not complete her duties.
Ayano can request permission to leave, but once she leaves, she can never join again.
If a club disbands, all of its members will then remain clubless forever.
In the future, if a rival who is a club leader comes to school on their week, but the club was disbanded while they were gone, there will be a short cutscene where they are informed about the club's situation.
No Club (Club 0)
Senpai, Sakyu Basu, Inkyu Basu, Horuda Puresu, Kuu Dere, Hazu Kashibuchi, Kyuji Konagawa, Otohiko Meichi, Toga Tabara, Osana Najimi, Raibaru Fumetsu, Musume Ronshaku, Kashiko Murasaki, Hana Daidaiyama, Kokoro Momoiro, Hoshiko Mizudori, Hanako Yamada, Osoro Shidesu, Umeji Kizuguchi, Hokuto Furukizu, Gaku Hikitsuri, Dairoku Surikizu, and Hayanari Tsumeato do not belong in any clubs.
Cooking (Club 1)
- Main Article: Cooking Club
While part of this club, Ayano is able to make food and give it to students to increase her reputation. Each student who receives the food will increase her reputation by 5 points. One tray of food can be offered to 9 students max. (Student Council members and delinquents won't accept food) She can also carry around a knife unholstered without being considered suspicious when she is standing inside the club room and that the knife is clean.
Drama (Club 2)
- Main Article: Drama Club
The Drama Club president, Kizana Sunobu, will be the third rival, so she will not appear until the third week of gameplay. During her absence, Tsuruzo Yamazaki will act as the substitute Club Leader.
While part of this club, Ayano will have easy access to masks and gloves when she is in this club, which can hide her identity when committing murder (However, if you commit murder in front of Senpai, he will unmask you). If Ayano commits murder while wearing the mask and a witness gets away, the next day the school will ban the masks and you will not be able to use them anymore.
Occult (Club 3)
- Main Article: Occult Club
The future fourth rival, Oka Ruto, is the president and founder of this club. Since she is a rival, she will not appear until the fourth week of gameplay. During her absence, Shin Higaku is the substitute Club Leader.
While Ayano is a member of this club, her sanity will deplete at 50% of the normal rate and students will take longer to notice her engaging in suspicious actions since students' cone of vision around Ayano decreases.
Art (Club 4)
- Main Article: Art Club
While Ayano is a member of this club, she will not be considered suspicious when covered in blood, as it looks like red paint, provided that she is wearing a painter's smock.
Light Music (Club 5)
- Main Article: Light Music Club
While Ayano is a member of this club, she is able to walk around with a cello case without being considered suspicious, which will help her transport dismembered corpses and large weapons, and can do on-stage performances (practices) to gain a major reputation boost based on how well you complete the mini-game.
Martial Arts (Club 6)
- Main Article: Martial Arts Club
All members of this club have the Heroic persona and are capable of self-defense.
While Ayano is a member of this club, the struggle minigame against other NPCs will be made easier (but it is still possible to lose and receive an apprehended game over).
Photography (Club 7)
- Main Article: Photography Club
All members of this club have the Sleuth persona.
While Ayano is a member of this club, she will be able to zoom her camera in and out, students will not react to her camera, and Sleuths will not investigate her when the school's atmosphere is below 80%.
Science (Club 8)
- Main Article: Science Club
All members are Teacher's Pets.
While Ayano is a member of this club, she will have easy access to a robot cleaner that will automatically clean up bloodstains when put on the floor.
Sports (Club 9)
- Main Article: Sports Club
The Sports Club president, Asu Rito, will be the fifth rival, so she will not appear until the fifth week of gameplay. During her absence, Itachi Zametora is the substitute Club Leader.
This club is a combination of the Swim Team and the Track Team..
While Ayano is a member of this club, she is able to run faster and carry sports equipment without being considered suspicious.
Gardening (Club 10)
- Main Article: Gardening Club
While Ayano is a member of this club, she has immediate access to the shed and the supplies in it (without needing to steal Uekiya's keys or pick the lock), and can carry gardening equipment without being considered suspicious.
Gaming (Club 11)
- Main Article: Gaming Club
While Ayano is a member of this club, she will be able to temporarily increase one of her stats once per day, every day.
Student Council (Club 13)
- Main Article: Student Council
The tenth rival, Megami Saikou, will be the leader, so she will not appear until the tenth week of gameplay.
Ayano cannot currently join the Student Council. In the future, if she is able to join, Ayano will have the opportunity to do something to Megami if she is in the club; however, it is unknown what this is.
In the future, Ayano will be able to ask favors from students without befriending them and she can go anywhere without suspicion, except for the boys bathroom and changing room.
Faculty (Club 100)
All teachers are listed as the teacher to their respective class.
Gym Teacher (Club 101)
Kyoshi Taiso is currently the only member of this club.
- Main Article: Info Club
- Main Article: Removed Content
Gardening Club (Club 0)
Taro was the only student in this club. However, both Victim-chan and Witness-chan were in this club prior to their removal, meaning the club once had more members than any other. This club is not to be confused with the regular club named "Gardening" but without the word "Club" in its title, as both existed at the same time. When removed, this club became No Club.
Computer (Club 5)
Info-chan was once the president of this club. It was removed because YandereDev though that a Newspaper club wouldn't be very popular in the year the game takes place.
Sewing (Club 9)
Other Removed Clubs
- Martial Arts Club (Club 1)
- Sports Club (Club 2)
- Sewing Club (Club 3)
- Photography Club (Club 5)
- Geiju doesn't kick Ayano from the Arts Club if any members of the Arts Club witness Ayano commit murder on the previous day, unless the player kills someone or, if the player carries a corpse in front of Geiju.
- All the available clubs still existed in 1989.
- As of the January 7th, 2016 Build, YandereDev is trying out the idea of putting background music into every club room.
- Each club leader used to have an armband with a Japanese symbol that means "Club Leader"., now each club leader has an image of their club's meaning instead.
- In the future, if Ayano steals an object or a tool that belongs to a club she is not in, a member of that club will accuse her of committing theft and will attempt to put the stolen item back in its club.
- It is possible that in the future, those with particular personas like Coward will not report murders and not get Ayano kicked out of a club. This has not been implemented yet.
- The point of the clubs is to trivialize one aspect of the gameplay. YandereDev expects the player to build their strategy around the corresponding benefit.
- During the club leader meetings, Gema Taku will not join the rest of the leaders, but instead, watch from the outside.
- In the March 31st, 2016 Build, club posters were implemented and can be found located at the entrance to the plaza in the north wing.
- Originally, in a previous build, the Placeholder Club Leader in the Light Music Club had Miyuji's voicelines by accident. This has been fixed, due to all the Placeholder Club Leaders being removed.
- Ayano will not get kicked out from the Martial Arts Club and Sports Club, as those club members will try to apprehend Ayano instead of being kicked out from the club if any members of those clubs witness her commit murder on the previous day. (So if they witness her, they will fight back and if the player doesn't receive a game over, they will be dead, which does not count as "kicked out from the club")