As of now, all classrooms look exactly the same. It is unknown if they will vary in appearance in the future. They have beige wooden floors, tan baseboard, and blue-grey walls. A teacher is located in the front of the room behind a lectern and in front of the chalkboard, where the floor is a darker brown. There are fifteen desks facing the front. In the back of the room, there are three cork boards which currently serve no purpose. There are also many cubby holes in the back (which students do not use) and grey cabinets on either side.
The player is able to attend class at any time during the school day. The first class of the day begins at 8:30 AM and ends at lunchtime at 1:00 PM. The second class starts at 1:30 PM and ends at 3:30 PM. Ayano can only go to class in her own classroom, Classroom 2-1. Intruding in the wrong class will get her expelled if warned more than four times. The player can press T to show a trail to their own classroom. As of the February 2nd, 2016 Build, the player can no longer talk to students during class time, as they will say, "Not now!/It's time for class!/We'll talk later!/I can't talk right now!"
The courses that Ayano can choose from are:
- Physical Education
The player was formerly unable to attend class if there was a corpse on the ground, but as of the December 3rd, 2015 Build, they can. This will happen shortly after the player deposits their earned study points and continues. While walking around the school, a teacher is able to discover blood, a bloody weapon, bloody gloves, or a corpse. They will immediately call the police. If the player leaves behind evidence that connects them to the murder before class, it will be an instant Game Over. Ayano is only able to successfully attend class if the corpse has been burned in the incinerator, hidden in a bathroom stall, or hidden in a dumpster. The teachers will not find the hidden corpse while in class.
If a Teacher's Pet witnesses the player committing murder, they will flee into their own classroom and alert a teacher. The teacher will run out, but the student will stay put, which will leave a window of opportunity to murder the witness. Heroic students will also run into their own classrooms if they spot a corpse.
- Main Article: Study Points
In order to take classes, Ayano will need to spend study points. The highest number of study points she can spend per class is five (ten if the player is wearing the Old Fashioned Fundoshi Panties). If she shows up late to class, the number of study points she can use will decrease. How late she is to class will determine how many study points she can spend.
Classroom 1-1: Teacher Reina Nabatame and students Kiba Kawaito, Efude Nurimono, Kokuma Jutsu, Kokona Haruka, Saki Miyu, Tsubaki Uesugi, Mantaro Sashimasu, Homu Kurusu, Beruma Dinkuri, Shima Shita, Dairoku Surikizu, Hoshiko Mizudori, Shiromi Torayoshi, Otohiko Meichi and Mai Waifu share this room.
Classroom 1-2: Teacher Natsuki Aburaya and students Dora Tamamoto, Maka Tansei, Supana Churu, Tokuko Kitagawa, Ajia Ashitomi, Sumire Suzuki, Iruka Dorufino, Meka Nikaru, Dafuni Bureiku, Mina Rai, Hayanari Tsumeato, Kokoro Momoiro, Hanako Yamada, Hazu Kashibuchi and Midori Gurin share this room.
Classroom 2-1: Teacher Rino Fukahori and students Beshi Takamine, Enpitsu Byoga, Daku Atsu, Riku Soma, Seiyo Akanishi, Sakura Hagiwara, Unagi Denkashiza, Yaku Zaishi, Sukubi Dubidu, Juku Ren, Gaku Hikitsuri, Hana Daidaiyama, Ayano Aishi, Raibaru Fumetsu and Osana Najimi share this room.
Classroom 2-2: Teacher Shiori Rikitake and students Oka Ruto, Kizana Sunobu, Amai Odayaka, Horuda Puresu, Asu Rito, Kuu Dere, Inkyu Basu, Sakyu Basu, Hokuto Furukizu, Megami Saikou, Aoi Ryugoku, Osoro Shidesu and Pippi Osu share this room.
Classroom 3-1: Teacher Karin Hanabusa and students Kenko Sukoyaka, Shozo Kurosawa, Chojo Tekina, Borupen Saishiki, Gita Yamahato, Sho Kunin, Rojasu Norubiru, Horo Guramu, Hojiro Zameshiro, Himari Fujita, Ryuto Ippongo, Kyuji Konagawa, Akane Toriyasu, Kashiko Murasaki and Umeji Kizuguchi share this room.
Classroom 3-2: Teacher Kaho Kanokogi and students Shoku Tsuburaya, Tsuruzo Yamazaki, Shin Higaku, Geiju Tsuka, Miyuji Shan, Budo Masuta, Fureddo Jonzu, Kaga Kusha, Itachi Zametora, Uekiya Engeika, Gema Taku, Toga Tabara, Kuroko Kamenaga, Musume Ronshaku and Taro Yamada share this room.
- The students can clip into and get stuck inside the desks.
- The newest model of the classroom is store bought, along with the original version of the classroom. Currently, only the newest model is able to be downloaded.
- As of the November 15th, 2015 Build the students will sit down at their designated seats instead of standing.
- Pressing the 7 key while the debug menu is open will teleport Ayano to class.
- If a student is found deceased, a flower will be placed on their desk. This feature has not been implemented yet.
- Info-chan and Nemesis are the only students who don't go to class. Ayano can skip classes as well if the player chooses to.
- In the final game, there will be 15 students per classroom.
- A Classroom 3-3 was mentioned in the original intro of the game where Info-chan and Ayano first met each other, but the room is not in the current builds of Yandere Simulator.
- When the player decides to look Students through the JSON files in the latest build of Yandere Simulator, the sits for students were seat per club (With the exception of Sakyu Basu and Inkyu Basu, because they seat in Martial Arts Club's and Photography's Club seats in Classroom 2-2) For Example:
- The first seat located at the first row, first column were given for all Cooking Club Members.
- The second seat located at the first row, second column were given for all Drama Club Members.
- The third seat located at the first row, third column were given for all Occult Club Members.
- The fourth seat located at the first row, fourth column were given for all Art Club members (With the exception of Muja Kina).
- The fifth seat located at the first row, fifh column were given for all Light Music Club members (With the exception of Mida Rana).
- The first seat located at the second row, first column were given for all Martial Arts club members (With the exception of Sakyu Basu).
- The second seat located at the second row, second column were given for all Photography Club members (With the exception of Inkyu Basu).
- The third seat located at the second row, third column were given for all Science Club members (With the exception of Hayanari Tsumeato).
- The fourth seat located at the second row, fourth column were given for all Sports Club members.
- The fifth seat located at the second row, fifth column were given for all Gardening Club members (With the exception of Dairoku Surikizu).
- The first seat located at the third row, first column were given for all Gaming Club members (With the exception of Osana Najimi).
- The second seat located at the third row, second column were given for all Clubless Students #1 (Clubless Students #1 are: Otohiko Meichi, Hazu Kashibuchi, Raibaru Fumetsu (Former of the Martial Arts Club president), Osoro Shidesu, Kyuji Konagawa and Toga Tabara.)
- The third seat located at the third row, third column were given for all The Student Council members (With the exception of Ayano, Hanako Yamada, and Megami Saikou).
- The fourth seat located at the third row, fourth column were given for The Bullies (With the exception of Megami Saikou).
- The second seat located at the third row, second column were given for all Clubless Students #2, Including the Delinquents (With the exception of Hayanari Tsumeato and Dairoku Surikizu) (Clubless Students #2 and The Delinquents are: Kuu Dere, Horuda Puresu, Gaku Hiktsuri, Hokuto Furukizu, Umeji Kizuguchi, and Senpai)