Burning is an elimination method in Yandere Simulator.
In order to be able to eliminate a student by burning them, Yandere-chan first needs to fill a bucket with gasoline from a jerry can, which is located in the garden. Then she must buy a box of matches from the Drops menu for 5 panty shots, or she can grab a candle from the Occult Club.
Ayano must then set a gasoline bucket trap on a doorway. Any students that get doused by the gasoline will be vulnerable to fire. Ayano can then either throw a match or at the doused student, or make them touch the candle, with either of the options having the doused student catch on fire. Any students nearby who witness the death will step back in shock for a couple of seconds before acting on their personas.
If Ayano lights a student on fire by touching them with the candle, witnesses will recognize her for murder. Contrarily, they will not recognize Ayano for murder if she burns a student with a match. If Ayano gets too close to a student that's on fire, or tries to pick up a burning corpse, she will step back in pain.
After a minute, a burning corpse will be charred. This will allow Ayano to pick up said corpse.
- Students react to a burning student with the same lines as they do when they see a dead body.
- Students wouldn't react to a burnt body that is being carried by Yandere-chan.
- Picking something up while carrying matches will result in the "Throw Match" prompt disappearing, and the player being unable to buy matches until the day is restarted.
- This elimination method was implemented in the June 15th, 2016 Build.
- YandereDev has said that burning to death would take a lot longer in real life, but in a video game, "you gotta speed things up."
- Burning was first hinted at in the blog post, May Preview #4. It showed a girl burning to death through unknown means. A Challenges sprite art for it was shown in May Preview #11.