Burning is an elimination method in Yandere Simulator.
In order to be able to eliminate a student by burning them, Ayano first needs to fill a bucket with gasoline from a jerry can, which is located in the garden. She must then grab a candle from the Occult Club.
Ayano must then set a gasoline bucket trap on a doorway. Any students that get doused by the gasoline will be vulnerable to fire. Ayano can then make the doused student touch the candle, resulting in the doused student catch on fire. Any students nearby who witness the death will step back in shock for a couple of seconds before acting on their personas.
If Ayano lights a student on fire by touching them with the candle, witnesses will realize her for murder. Contrarily, they didn't recognize Ayano for murder if she burned a student with a match. If Ayano gets too close to a student that's on fire or tries to pick up a burning corpse, she will step back in pain.
After a minute, a burning corpse will be charred. This will allow Ayano to pick up the corpse.
Previously, Ayano was able to get a matchbox from Info-chan for 5 Panty Shot favors. Students would not react to Ayano burning a doused student by throwing a match at them, and they were removed on the March 5, 2019 build.
- Students react to a burning student with the same lines as they do when they see a dead body.
- Students wouldn't react to a burnt body that is being carried by Ayano.
- This elimination method was implemented in the June 15th, 2016 Build.
- YandereDev has said that burning to death would take a lot longer in real life, but in a video game, "you gotta speed things up."
- Burning was first hinted at in the blog post, May Preview #4. It showed a girl burning to death through unknown means. A Challenges sprite art for it was shown in May Preview #11.
- The player would not be able to fire Senpai, Teachers, and Student Council members (Except in Mission Mode), because they always dodge of any waters if they are near the doorway that contains bucket with gasoline.