|Crush|| None (Since 2/3/19)
?????? (1/1/16 – 2/2/19)
|Strength||Peak Physical Strength|
|Appears||Week 1 (Debug)|
|Voice||Patrick M. Seymour|
Budo wears the default male school uniform, unless customized by the player. He has messy, feathered, dark gray hair that fans around his head. His hairstyle is the same as Haruto Yuto's, but flipped horizontally and re-colored. His eyes are dark grey as well. He has a white headband with Japanese text on it. Since he is a club president, he wears the "Red Armband of Leadership" on his left arm. When idle, he crosses his arms, and used to do it even in low School Atmosphere, which is most likely a bug.
When in the Martial Arts Club, he dons a traditional karate gi. If the club disbands, he will not wear the headband anymore.
YandereDev currently imagines his height as 5'7 and his weight is 185 pounds, of which 35 pounds is muscle.
"Budo is a popular figure in Akademi High, known for his friendly and approachable attitude, his powerful physique, and his undeniable skill at martial arts. Ever since he became the leader of the Martial Arts Club, he has maintained a 100% winning streak, and is considered to be the strongest student at school.
Budo became the leader of the Martial Arts Club after defeating the club's previous leader, who resigned after being beaten by her own pupil. There are rumors that the reason why Budo dedicated himself to martial arts is because he developed powerful romantic feelings for the club's previous leader, and desperately wanted to impress her. Budo always changes the subject when asked about this topic, neither confirming nor denying the rumors.
Budo very rarely speaks ill of others, but has been known to express a strong distaste for bullies and delinquents. He is quick to rush to the aid of anyone that is being harassed by other students, making it clear that 'If you pick a fight with them, you're picking a fight with me, too!'"
Among the personas currently implemented in the game, Budo is Heroic. If he sees a corpse, he will act upon the Teacher's Pet persona. If he witnesses Ayano commit murder, he will run to fight her. He is a martial arts master, so he fights with enormous strength. He will give Ayano a suspicious look before crossing his arms if she aims her phone at him.
According to his Student Profile, he is incapable of turning down a challenge. He is always gung ho and enthusiastic, and sometimes a bit overzealous, especially about martial arts.
He is disinterested in fighting machines, believing they would not possess the same fighting passion as a human.
At 7:05 AM, Budo enters the school grounds. He walks to his locker at 7:10 AM and changes from his outdoor shoes to his indoor shoes. At 7:15 AM, he walks to the Martial Arts Club on the second floor and watches his apprentices spar.
At 8:00 AM, Budo walks into Classroom 3-2 and sits at his desk. He starts his morning classes at 8:30 AM, and leaves to go to the outside of the Martial Arts Club to eat his lunch at 1:00 PM.
Budo walks back to class again at 1:30 PM and participates in cleaning time between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Afterwards, he heads to the Martial Arts Club and stays there until the end of the day. If the player joins in club activities, he practices kicking with the other members from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
If the Martial Arts Club is inactive, he will socialize with the other former members outside of the club during periods when he would normally attend it (7:15 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:30 PM).
Martial Arts Club
|“||Welcome to the Martial Arts Club! What brings you here?||”|
— Talking to Budo.
Budo is leader of this club, and the player will have to talk with him to join. If he dies, or if less than five of the members of the club remain, the club shuts down. If any club members report to him about Ayano's crimes, or if he sees her commit crimes, he will kick her out.
The topics towards Budo is Negative/Neutral/Positive follows:
- Video games
- Martial Arts
- Everything else.
- He was implemented in the November 15th, 2015 Build.
- Budo has been training in martial arts almost every moment of his spare time, since early childhood.
- Shima Shita, Juku Ren, Sho Kunin and Mina Rai are his apprentices.
- It is nearly impossible to defeat Budo if the player only has Level 1 strength.
- His name is a play on words. Budo (武道) is a Japanese term for martial arts while masuta (マスタ) is the English word "master" transcribed into katakana. Hence, budo masuta literally means "Martial Arts Master".
- In the January 1st, 2016 Build, his crush was set as "?????", meaning that he had a crush on someone. However, as of the February 3rd, 2019 Build, his crush has been set to ''None''.
- Budo's motivational speeches during club activities are all quotes from the famous martial artist Bruce Lee.
- He considers Raibaru Fumetsu and Bruce Lee to be his idols.
- Budo makes a small cameo in the Gaming Club by appearing in the fighting game. He is shown kicking Midori Gurin in the face.
- Originally, Budo's profile called him the founder of the Martial Arts Club. This was changed in the March 28th, 2017 Build to state that he took over the club after defeating the previous president, with a teaser in the notes for the update that declared the change to be related to Osana.
- On July 15th, 2019, the video revealing Raibaru Fumetsu also revealed the meaning of this change and its relation to Osana: Raibaru, the Mysterious Obstacle, was the president that Budo defeated.
- He and Miyuji Shan are the only students that has been given ownership to their club by their former leader.
- YandereDev thinks that he is one of the most popular boys in school.
- Strength wise, he is pretty much tied with Osoro Shidesu and Aoi Ryugoku.
- He was romantically interested in someone during his previous school year, but it did not work out.
- Budo is possibly the oldest club leader.
- His parents don't share his love for martial arts.
- He is viewed by Mantaro Sashimasu as a role model.
- If Budo and Itachi Zametora got into a fight, Budo would win, because he has formal training, while Itachi only has brute force.
- He does not appear to be paranoid in Low School Atmosphere.
- However, if the Martial Arts Club is disbanded and the School Atmosphere is low, then he will appear paranoid.
|“||Welcome to the Martial Arts Club! What brings you here?||”|
— Speaking to him while he's inside the clubroom.
|“||Come back if you'd ever like to spar with us!||”|
— Leaving the conversation while he's inside the clubroom.
|“||We study hand-to-hand combat and practice self-defense techniques! If you join our club, I guarantee that you'll be able to defend yourself from anyone that might try to hurt you! If you think you've got what it takes, you're welcome to spar with any of our members at any time, even if you're not in the club!||”|
— Asking Budo information about his club.
|“||Interested in joining the club? All we ask is that you show up at least once a week!||”|
— Asking to join the club.
|“||Fantastic! You are now an official member of the Martial Arts Club! I'm looking forward to teaching you everything I know!||”|
— Becoming a member of the club.
|“||Having second thoughts? I understand. Let me know if you change your mind.||”|
— Refusing to join the club.
|“||Are you thinking of leaving the club?||”|
— Asking to leave.
|“||That's a shame... I'm sorry to see you go. You're still welcome to spar with us any time you'd like.||”|
— Leaving the club.
|“||Phew, that's a relief!||”|
— Deciding against leaving the club.
|“||I'm sorry. I've discussed it with the rest of the club, and we decided that if someone quits the club, they cannot be allowed to join again. I hope you understand.||”|
— Trying to rejoin the club once more.
|“||We're not quite ready for club activities just yet. Come back anytime between 5:00 and 5:30!||”|
— Trying to participate in club activities too early.
|“||I'm sorry! You were late, so we started without you. Try to make it here before 5:30 next time!||”|
— Trying to participate in club activities too late.
|“||Ready to start training?||”|
— About to train.
|“||Excellent! Let's begin!||”|
|“||Not ready yet? That's fine! We'll wait for you until 5:30!||”|
— Deciding not to participate in club activities.
|“||It's hard to say this, but... one of our members has a big problem with you. To avoid conflict, I can't allow you to join this club. I'm very sorry.||”|
— Trying to join this club if a Martial Arts member sees the player killing anyone.
|“||It's very difficult for me to tell you this, but there are some members of our club who cannot tolerate you. Unfortunately, I must remove you from the club. Forgive me.||”|
— Kicked out of the club because a member saw Ayano connected to murder.
|“||You are not welcome here! Leave at once!||”|
— Trying to join this club if he sees Ayano connected to murder.
|“||I'm sorry, but you can't be a member of two clubs at the same time. You'd have to leave your other club in order to join us.||”|
— Trying to join this club when Ayano is already a member of another club.
|“||Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one!/Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality./Knowing is not enough, we must apply! Willing is not enough, we must do!/Fear comes from uncertainty. We can eliminate the fear within us when we know ourselves better!/I fear not the man who has practiced ten-thousand kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten-thousand times.||”|
— Budo's motivational quotes during training.
|“|| We were planning to use $20 of our budget to replace some tatami mats in our club, but it's not important; it can wait until next month.|
Gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we were disturbing the others. You have my deepest apologies; it won't happen again.
— Hypothetical dialogue of Budo during a club leader meeting.