|Voice||Kimberley Anne Campbell|
Amai has light brown, slightly wavy, hair that reaches to her shoulders, pulled back by a light mint green chef bandanna and she has mint green eyes. She has a light mint green apron with a front pocket, along with white striped stockings of the same color. She wears the "Red Armband of Leadership" on her left arm with a cupcake on the band.
"Amai is the president of the school's cooking club. Her culinary skills are far beyond her age, and nothing makes her happier than seeing people enjoy the food that she has prepared.
Amai will be absent from school during the first week of gameplay, but she will meet Senpai immediately after the events of Week 1, at a point in time when Senpai is feeling sad and vulnerable. She will quickly forge a bond with him, during a point in time when Senpai deeply needs a new friend.
With her kind and caring nature, it's easy to see how Senpai could easily fall for her within a week's time. If nobody stands in her way, Senpai will belong to her in no time at all. Remember: the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"
Amai tries to focus on the positives rather than the negatives in people. As a result, most of her thoughts are positive and related to food.
In unfamiliar situations, she can be shy.
Amai's default reputation is +67.
Though it is unknown at the moment, YandereDev has said that her routine will put her in close proximity to Senpai or other students.
The topics towards Amai Odayaka are (Negative/Positive/Neutral) as follows:
- Everything else.
- Main Article: Senpai
On Saturday on the street, Amai was going to the bakery shop and noticed that Senpai was feeling sad and alone on the bench at the bus stop. She asks Senpai why he was sad and sits with him on the bench. Senpai tells Amai that his childhood friend has died, disappeared, arrested for murder, expelled, committed suicide, bad reputation, been rejected, had a boyfriend, or didn't seem interested to spend time with him anymore. Amai feels sorry for Senpai about his childhood friend. After hearing about Senpai's problems, she is going to comfort him until his feelings are better. Amai then asks Senpai if he would like to take one of the cupcakes. Senpai really loves the cupcake, and she asks him if he wants to enter her bakery shop but he will not go to inside, as he doesn't want to bother her too much. She will worry if Senpai doesn't enter her bakery shop so fortunately, Senpai agrees and enters Amai's bakery shop. At Amai's bakery shop, she tries to comfort Senpai until he feels better. Thanks to Amai, he now feels better and Amai will keep comforting him until his feelings are completely better.
If Taro entered a relationship with her, she would convince him to join the Cooking Club.
- Main Article: Suitors
- Main article: Amai's Mother
- Main article: Shoku Tsuburaya
Amai fully trusts Shoku Tsuburaya to run the cooking club while she is absent.
- Main article: Info-chan
During Amai's introduction cut scene, Info-chan tells Ayano to make her suffer actually like she told Ayano to make Osana suffer. Her reasoning for doing this is as of yet unknown. However, it suggests that perhaps Info-chan just wants to see the students, Amai and Osana included, suffer.
- Main Article: Cooking Club
She is the leader of the Cooking Club, and, like other club leaders, will allow the player to join the club if the player talks to her. If she dies, or less than five members of the club remain, the club will shut down. Any club members who witness the player's crimes will report to her, and Ayano will be either kicked out or be unable to join the club. In the future, if the club has disbanded before her designated week arrives, there will be a short cutscene in which she expresses some very sad feelings.
While Amai and Senpai are at the Odayaka's bakery shop, Amai will try to comfort Senpai until he feels better, and from there, Info-chan will take a photo of Amai and Senpai's conversation outside of Amai's bakery shop. She will send this to Ayano while also providing information about Amai Odayaka.
When the Saturday cutscene was first implemented, there weren't voice lines until the official demo was released.
Also, the conversation's animations are not currently implemented. The cutscene currently contains a placeholder animation.
- Shoku Tsuburaya will fulfill her role in the Cooking Club until she is implemented.
- Her name is a play on the words "甘い" (amai; sweet) and "おだやか" (odayaka; gentle, calm).
- Druelbozo said on one of his Twitch streams that the president's name was Japanese for "sweet muffin". This would have been "Amai Mafin".
- When asked if the name was serious or not, Druelbozo stated "Amai Mafin is her real name and should be taken seriously".
- This ended up being false as, as of the 28th of September, 2016, her official name was revealed to being "Amai Odayaka," staying true to only the "Amai" part.
- Druelbozo later stated that he was originally joking when he said her name was Amai Mafin but was glad that YandereDev kept the "Amai" part.
- There's also a Japanese name "Amai" (亜舞), which consist of kanji 亜 (a) meaning "sub-", "second" or "Asia" and 舞 (mai) meaning "dance".
- YandereDev's current reasoning for Amai's absence for the first week of school is that she was sick.
- If she and Uekiya ever interacted, it would be humorous.
- If Akane was part of the cooking club, they would get along.
- Her storyline involves her family's bakery.
- Currently, it is not planned to be accessible for visits.
- Amai tends to mainly cook Western food, although she appreciates Japanese cuisine too.
- An illustration of Amai can be seen in the Bakery.
|“||Senpai, you're just in time! I baked cookies! Would you like some? Y-You know Senpai...I wouldn't mind cooking for you...every day...||”|
— Amai in "Yandere Simulator Rival Introduction Video" 
|“||Senpai, you're just in time! I made cookies! Would you like some? You know Senpai...I wouldn't mind cooking for you...everyday from now on.||”|
— Alternate Amai line for the "Rival Introduction Video".
|“||Oh, my! That's so sweet of you! Thank you, dear! I'll treasure it!||”|
— Hypothetical dialogue of Amai reacting to someone giving her a flower.
I couldn't help but notice that you seem quite sad about something. Would you...like to talk about it?
Oh! I'm sorry! My name is Amai Odayaka. We go to the same school.
I'm sorry if it's strange that I approached you so suddenly. When I see a sad face, I can't help but try to make things better.
So, what's wrong?
O-oh...I...I'm so sorry to hear about that...I...I can't imagine what that must be like...
Hey...it's not much, but...maybe this will take your mind off of it for a moment?
Go ahead, take one!
Of course! Nobody makes better pastries than my mom and dad!
Actually, I'm heading to my parents' bakery right now. Would you like to come with me? It'll take your mind off things for a while!
It wouldn't be a bother at all! If I just leave you here, I'll worry about you!
Then let's get going!
— Amai talking to Senpai on Saturday.