Akademi High School is a prestigious high school that Ayano Aishi and Senpai, as well as the ten rivals and the other students, currently attend. Along with the Aishi House and Buraza Town, it is the main setting for Yandere Simulator.
In the final game, the school will be referred to as an academy rather than as a high school. The school and town will be separated by a winding trail surrounded by trees so that when Ayano is in school, she will not be able to see the town. This is to keep the framerate up, as the town will then not have to be rendered.
Akademi is a very famous high school, being synonymous with Harvard or Yale within the in-game universe.
Every student will wear the default school uniform unless customized by the player.
The school size is 145×192 as of December 1st, 2018.
Facts about Akademi
Akademi High Kaobook Page
- Main Article: Kaobook
LogoThe symbol in the center of the pink flower is saikou (最高), which means "best". With the arrows pointing in many directions, the logo means "the best in all ways" or "the best at everything". Currently, this logo can only be seen on the Akademi High's front gate and social media page.
Main Building (Indoor)
Located on Every Floor
Main Article: BathroomsThere are bathrooms in the eastern wing of every floor of the school. Students clean the toilets during cleaning time. The toilet stalls can be used to hide corpses, to drown students, and to also eliminate your current rival in the future. During Cleaning Time, the Bullies gossip in the Third Floor Bathroom, the Bathroom beside class 3-1.
- Main Article: Classrooms
Each classroom has fifteen desks and two doors: one at the back of the room and one next to the teacher's desk. Currently, all of the classrooms look the same, and there are six in total. Ayano can go to her classroom to distribute study points in the morning and after lunch. If Ayano is caught multiple times in the wrong classroom, she will be sent to the Guidance Counselor.
- Main Article: Storage Rooms
There are multiple storage rooms. Six of them are found across the school. The members of the Science Club will make regular trips to the closets to collect supplies. The storage room on the right of the first floor holds various Easter Eggs. As of the June 1st, 2020 Build, the Storage Rooms have been updated.
- Main Article: Fire Extinguishers
There are three fire extinguishers located at the end of the western hall next to each bathroom. They are used as bludgeoning weapons.
- Main Article: Cooking Club
- Main Article: Counselor's Office
- Main Article: Drama Club
- Main article: Faculty Room
- Main Article: Fountain
The fountain is located in the middle of the plaza in the school, surrounded by benches and cherry trees. The player can drown a student in the fountain. It is the place where Senpai sits and reads before and after school.
Home Economics Room
- Main Article: Home Economics Room
- Main Article: Infirmary
The infirmary is where Nasu Kankoshi is located (replaced by Muja Kina in the sixth week). There are several beds, tables, cabinets, chairs, a couch, a desk, and emetic poison. A syringe and tranquilizer are located here for use in a kidnapping. The syringe must be stolen, and the tranquilizer may only be obtained by theft if a student has been slipped headache poison - the nurse will open the medicine cabinet to retrieve painkillers. Students that have been given sedatives will rest here. Otohiko Meichi will also rest here every day during lunchtime.
- Main Article: Locker Room
- Main Article: Meeting Room
- Main Article: Occult Club
- Main Article: Plaza
The plaza is in the middle of the main school building. Senpai goes here to read a book before class starts. Kyuji Konagawa leans against a tree. Musume Ronshaku patrols around the plaza with her phone out, making it harder to commit crimes here.
- Main Article: Sewing Room
This is a classroom currently only used by Hazu Kashibuchi. He will sit at a sewing machine before classes. After Ayano completes his task, she can speak to him while he is here to obtain a new uniform without spending money or asking Info-chan. Ayano can also alter a uniform to complete Kokona Haruka's task. In the future this room might be used for lessons.
- Main Article: Art Club
- Main Article: Cafeteria
The cafeteria is an area in the school where students go to gossip. This room is located on the second floor in the south wing of the school. Two vending machines that the player can buy drinks from are located at the back of the room. A trash can is located between these two machines. Two miniature walls separate two lunch tables, with two benches in between.
- Main Article: Calligraphy Room
The use of the Calligraphy Room is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet. Although this room exists, there will not be a Calligraphy Club. The Calligraphy Room's design got updated to include a floor plan, and in the June 15th Build, is populated with props.
- Main Article: Library
Light Music Club
- Main Article: Light Music Club
Martial Arts Club
- Main Article: Martial Arts Club
- Main Article: Science Lab
The science lab is where Ayano can find poison to taint a student's food, provided she has allocated enough study points to the Chemistry stat and risen her Chemistry rank to rank 2. It is located on the second floor. The room was called the "Chemistry Lab" before the November 15th, 2015 Build. As of the June 15th, 2020 Build, the Shelf Model has been updated.
- Main Article: Sociology Classroom
The Gaming Club has "taken over" the Sociology Classroom. Club members will use this room after school. The player can join the club here. The current leader is Gema Taku. After completing his task, the bullies will stalk him while he is in here.
- Main Article: Student Council
The students in the Student Council use this room before and after school. The substitute leader is Kuroko Kamenaga, standing in for Megami Saikou until the tenth week of gameplay. If Ayano enters the room, a laptop displaying Megami's shadowed figure will begin to play her monologue, then switch off permanently.In the Alphabet Killer Challenge, smoke bombs, amnesia bombs, a blood-cleaning droid, a puzzle cube and a weapon bag are found in this room.
- Main Article: Vending Machine
There are vending machines located in the cafeterias and the eating area. Ayano can buy a drink from one to give to Hazu Kashibuchi to complete his task. She can also buy a packet of crisps (labelled as a "Salty Snack") to give to any student, except members of the Student Council and the Delinquents. This will cause them to use the nearest drinking fountain, which can be sabotaged by Ayano to electrocute them.
You can also sabotage the vending machine on the right with a screwdriver. The gameplay purpose is unknown, but YandereDev said that it is related to Osana's Expulsion Elimination.
- Main Article: Workshop
- Main Article: Announcement Room
The Announcement Room is used to delete incriminating security footage if security cameras are present at the school.
- Main Article: Art Room
- Main Article: Audiovisual Room
- Main Article: Biology Lab
- Main Article: Computer Lab
- Main article: English Classroom
- Main Article: Headmaster's Office
The headmaster works here. The Katana is also located here inside of a locked case (can be opened when you find the key near the plant on the right). Ayano can retrieve a bottle of sake here to complete Gaku Hikitsuri's task. She can also locate a key near the plant on the left and open a safe on the left wall to steal a book inside (gameplay purpose is unknown).
You can only perform these actions during lunch time, when the headmaster is away, because at any other times he will be in the office and will taser you if you get too close to him.
- Main Article: Info Club
- Main Article: Photography Club
- Main Article: Science Club
Students in the Science Club use this room after school for club activities. The current leader is Kaga Kusha. There is a blowtorch and a screwdriver present here, as well as the Science Vacuum that Ayano can use to clean up bloodstains if she joins the club.She can also find 5 mysterious keys in the Drama, Martial Arts, Art, Photography, and Science clubs (located near the wall corners) to activate the Heartbreaker Easter Egg located in the Science club.
- Main Article: Rooftop
The main gate sits at the front of the school and is guarded by Kyoshi Taiso when it is not class time. All students enter the school through here, walking together in their respective clubs, with the exception of Otohiko Meichi, who is always late. There's a button that you can press to close the school gate - this can be used to crush Otohiko's head when he trips and falls over at the gate.
- Main Article: Confession Tree
The Confession Tree is the cherry tree that sits on a hill behind the main building of Akademi High School; this is where a rival confesses their love to Senpai. If Ayano succeeds in eliminating all rivals, she will confess her love here. If she fails to eliminate a rival, the rival will confess to Senpai here on Friday at 6:00pm, resulting in a Game Over. As of the February 14th 2020 Build, the hill with the mythical cherry tree behind the school has been reshaped to have a flat surface for the Art Club to stand on. As of the May 6th 2020 Build, Red Spider Lilies have been added around the Cherry Tree.
- Main article: Dumpsters
Dumpsters are found at the back of the school next to the incinerator, and Ayano can push students off of the rooftop into them. Two cassette tapes and a garbage bag can be found here. Ayano can place garbage bags inside the dumpster to cover up the body. Delinquents will guard the dumpsters from 7:15 AM to 8:30 AM, and from 1:15 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Main article: Outdoor Cafeteria
- Main Article: Garden
Students in the Gardening Club use this area after school. The current leader of the Gardening Club is Uekiya Engeika, who can also be found here before morning classes. The Shovel, Circular Saw, Old Axe, Axe, wood chipper, jerry can, and a bucket can be found here. As of the June 15th 2020 Build, a bed of flowers has been added at the centre of the Club.
- Main Article: Greenhouse
The greenhouse is located in the garden. It currently has no functionality .
- Main Article: Gymnasium
In the future, the gym will be used for Senpai-Rival interaction events, some club activities, and performances. A baseball bat and dumbbells can be found next to a wall of the gymnasium if the player joins the Sports Club. The gymnasium is also the meeting place for the Sports Club, and the Drama Club uses the stage and backstage area for rehearsing an upcoming play. The storage room in the Gym can also be used for kidnapping female students. The stage is where a memorial service takes place when a student dies and a full corpse is found (dismembered bodies don't count) and you were not arrested.
- Main Article: Hedge Maze
The Hedge Maze serves no purpose currently, but when Osana Najimi has been implemented, it will be used to complete her task - Ayano must retrieve her phone charm from the maze. The Yokai Story volumes are found in this maze.
In the future Ayano can eavesdrop to students' private conversations in the Hedge Maze to obtain information.
- Main Article: Incinerator
The incinerator is a machine that Ayano can use to dispose of evidence and corpses. It is located in the disposal area near the northwest side of the school, to the right of the dumpster. Delinquents will guard the incinerator from 7:15 AM to 8:30 AM, and from 1:15 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Main Article: Japanese Gardens
The Japanese gardens were implemented during the January 15th, 2019 build. The Martial Arts Club will often come here to train.
The first garden is located in front of the incinerator, and the second one is located near the outdoor cafeteria. YandereDev says that they might be moved to somewhere else/tweaked in future builds.
- Main Article: Shed
- Main Article: Shower Room
- Main Article: Swimming Pool
Ayano will be able to drown sunbathing rivals here using a weight. Athletic students also use the pool to swim laps.The Bullies will sunbathe here at lunchtime. In the future, rivals (Osana and Raibaru) might sunbathe with the bullies as well as a scripted event.
- Main Article: Track
Students in the Sports Club use this area for their training before school. They will run the track until class starts. The substitute leader is Itachi Zametora, standing in for Asu Rito until the fifth week of gameplay. The placeholder club leader for the Sports Club, a bucket, a weight, and a few dumbbells are found near the track.
- Main Article: Wood Chipper
Items Located in School
- Main Article: Manga
In the room of the photography club, you can find 5 volumes of manga Life Note. Ayano can read them at night to increase her Numbness Level. In older build of the game, different manga were scattered throughout the school grounds.
- Main Article: Tapes
- When walking or running around, the environment flashes due to certain camera angles.
- In the internal game files, Akademi is referred to as SchoolScene.
- The original layout of the school was based on Yasogami High School from Persona 4.
- Ayano may be able to call the school to explain that she is "sick" if she misses a day of school because of torturing a student.
- The reason why there are no security cameras is that the school cares about its reputation. They don't want to create an image of a school where students are in danger, need protection, or surveillance.
- The police and the media stay away from the school because the headmaster bribes the police as said in Mysterious Tape #2.
- There used to be an old test environment that YandereDev later removed in the May 24th, 2015 Build. He said that later in the game there would be better environments.
- Despite the game using a lot of Japanese themes, signs, and boards in-game will be in English instead of kanji. (Kanji are characters used in the Japanese language.)
- There's a rival school, but there will be no rivals from there. It will appear in a flashback because a very important character from that school plays a role in the game's backstory.
- The original plan for renovating Akademi High was to simply use this model. That plan didn't work, so modular pieces were created instead.
- Akademi High was founded around 1985.
- The name of the school is similar to the Japanese katakana spelling for "academy": Akademī (アカデミー).
- YandereDev thinks there should be an option for the player to press a button and see a map of the school. However, he won’t prepare something like this until the school is 100% finished. 
- As of the April 18th 2019 Build, a Map of the school can be toggled by pressing the "Spacebar" key on the keyboard, and the "Back" key on an Xbox Controller.
- The second kanji on the school logo, "高", is sometimes used as an abbreviation of the Japanese word for high school, "高等学校". This may or may not be intentional.
- YandereDev has stated that his vision of Ayano's school's uniform closely resembled Kotonoha's uniform from School Days. This is now possible thanks to the breakthrough on May 22nd, 2016.
- After it was suggested to him, YandereDev is considering the idea of the school layout being shaped like the Saikou logo from above.
- Possibly, there were originally plans to have a baseball field at the school, but the plans were scrapped.